Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
19 Oct 2022 01:06 #254486 by tommylight
Almost forgot, turns out the tool changer is rotated by an AC motor, not hydraulic as i was convinced, i wonder why??? :)
The turret unclamping is done by hydraulics for sure as the hydraulic pump changes pitch when in use.
The good thing is the motor is not powerful enough to break something as i tested enabling it while the turret is locked, it does not have enough power to drag the turret to locking position when it is locked out of position. This might need some timing in hal.
Right now, going to catch some zzzzzz as my head is full of wires and it's 3 AM here, spent over an hour scavenging resistors for inputs, gathered 23 of 10KOhm, not enough, need much more so some stuff will have to wait till they get here. Also found 2 of 8X4.7KOhm sets for the outputs, so outputs should be covered with the 13 i have working. Not looking forward to soldering all those and 2N2222 transistors.
Also ruins the looks, a lot.
At least i am using the new TS80P soldering iron, used it once since i got it a while back, in the field, powered by USB C ! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2022 15:25 - 20 Oct 2022 21:21 #254609 by tommylight
Tool changer - check! :)
Luckily (or stubbornly) i used the encochanger component as i recall it worked nicely on the Elumatec SBZ130 retrofit and did not need any remaps or python or gcode.
Still had to do a lot of fiddling with inputs and sensing as the tool changer sensors have spaces between them or in between tools there is no signal on any pins, so any way of monitoring would fail. Since i had to invert the inputs on the Mesa 7i77, that makes them active all the time with no signal, so i used those and set it to monitor when any of the pins goes low.
After also adding a lot of lines to the component ( each line for every tool monitors all the pins ), it worked ok, but would miss the slot consequently not locking in place most of the time.
Since i also had to add the logic of "unlock turret>wait a bit>start rotating turret>tool found>stop spinning turret>wait a bit>lock turret" using 2 of oneshots and 2 of xor2, i had to add another timedelay when the spinning was supposed to stop so i can adjust the delay, and lo and behold it works magnificently! Pretty sure the poor thing is hot from doing over 50 tool changes at random just to check if it would miss the spot, it did not.
Also did a lot of PyVCP panels to monitor everything, including the toolchanger so i can see across the room what tool is on.
More to come...
Last edit: 20 Oct 2022 21:21 by tommylight. Reason: to many typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
20 Oct 2022 20:09 #254629 by Masiwood123
I'm just now seeing how much I don't know :)) whatever, make a video when you can, I'd love to see how it works. Good luck with the next step..
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
20 Oct 2022 21:27 #254631 by tommylight
Dang, i just reread my previous post, to many typos, brain must have been rebooting! :)
I will do some videos for sure whenever i actually remember near the machine, so stay tuned.
And thank you all for the continued support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
20 Oct 2022 22:10 #254633 by Masiwood123
I also need to program some ``think-changer'' into my brain (linux is a hard infection:).. the equation is clear - if I don't rest in bed <= I will rest in peace quickly xD

More
21 Oct 2022 00:48 - 21 Oct 2022 00:58 #254639 by phillc54

btw, I have a problem with my eyesight as I get older, I would also like a magnifying glass, on Axis gui:) I don't like gmocappy, although I would like to implement lathemacros by Andy.. what is the chance to increase the font size on Axis gui, slider and dro?

You can achieve this by putting the following code in either a user command file or the .axisrc file then set the font and size to what suits your screen.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/axis.html#sub:axis-axisrc
You would use .axisrc if you want it to apply to all Axis configs or a user command file to apply it to a specific config.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 21 Oct 2022 00:58 by phillc54. Reason: I forgot the quote :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: arvidb, tommylight, Masiwood123

More
21 Oct 2022 21:14 #254725 by tommylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, shpatb, Masiwood123

More
21 Oct 2022 21:40 #254728 by Masiwood123
congratulations! I have no words, amazing. ko zna zna-.:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
22 Oct 2022 10:23 #254743 by tommylight
There is no potentiomenter on the control panel, so i am thinking of doing some more hal stuff for the MPG encoder, namely, when in mode Manual jog joints/axis, and when in mode auto do feed override.
Pretty sure there are pins for that, so more time programing stuff, standing in place in front of the monitor. I never sit when working, never, but standing in one place makes my spine hurt a lot (injury from 35 years ago), while moving all the time does not hurt at all.
Also, need plenty of other hal stuff for when in auto mode to open and close chuck, start part catcher in forward and sometimes reverse (still dont know why), coolant for tools and inside the chuck (there are thick pipes on the back side of the chuck/spindle for that), etc.
Yeah, need to fix the pedals wiring from the "mouse attack" and figure out as all the wires are blue with nothing wrriten.
And, the axis servos are still waiting to figure out the wiring, bud i did find out that tachos were going to the control and just passing through to the drives, so 4 wires easy to figure, just some 30 more left! :)
Have to open the old control to see what is up with +15V 0 -15V going or comming from servo drives, i really hope not to have to add more power supplies, there are to many as it.
And there is a drive to power interlock to stop the machine when drives fail that is impossible to find out without dismantling the power supply/rectifier/caps for the drives, to big and to high inside one of the cases so holding that by hand while looking at it is a no go.

Today, more wiring, plenty left, oh joy ! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb, Masiwood123

More
22 Oct 2022 12:20 #254753 by Masiwood123
how much power do those servo motors have? I hope you will manage to enable them with those resolvers (I have never met)... the last retrofit I did on some titan'' lathe with Fagor controller, servo motors with tacho + enc) so it reminded me of those +-15v he had the same, but it seems to me not for the motors, but for the power supply of the relay board.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds