Mazak Micro Slant 15 Retrofit

More
14 Oct 2022 21:49 #254139 by tommylight
This is my latest "masterpiece", 14 of 2N2222 transistors with 14 of 2.7KOhm resistors stuck on an arduino nano break out board to invert the outputs from Mesa 7i77 and 7i84. Took 2 afternoons, mostly scavenging resistors, luckily i had over 40 transistors and 4 of those arduino boards.
Now to make another one and hope and pray i do not need any more of those.
Getting old, glasses are mandatory, but still not as before, damn it i had perfect eyesight! :)
Just in case, check what manufacturer made those 2N2222 as i had to desolder everything once, OnSemi manual has the wrong pinouts for my version!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb, my1987toyota

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2022 22:06 #254141 by andypugh
I use a bench magnifier for soldering, I prefer it to spectacles.
But then I am in denial that I need spectacles.
It's just for convenience that I have bifocal safety glasses and lenses in my welding helmet.

The latter are a _real_ boon for TIG. and very cheap from eBay. The best search term seems to be "welding dioptre"
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
14 Oct 2022 23:11 #254142 by my1987toyota
am I the only one who likes using a 10X jeweler's' loupe?

More
14 Oct 2022 23:53 #254144 by tommylight
Thank you for reminding me, about 3 years ago i spent over a week looking for one of those that mount on the table and also have lights, could not find it! Someone told me to look for it at pharmacies, i was so desperate that i did look despite that being wrong advise! :)
Still do not have one.
We have an online shop that has pretty much everything as they are directly sourcing stuff from Czech republic, but the search function proved useless, have a try
www.gjirafa50.com
In albanian that would be :
lup
zmadhuese
drit pune
thjerrz
-
Good luck ! :)

More
15 Oct 2022 10:23 #254160 by andypugh
Wander into a nail salon and ask where they get theirs from?

I assume that Amazon is no good to you either?
I bought this one this summer, I had an older one with a fluorescent tube, but it gets rather hot in use and so I wanted an LED one.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B086VHPYLS

More
15 Oct 2022 11:11 #254163 by tommylight
Amazon does not deliver to Kosovo, and if i choose Albania i get a customs fee of masive proportions! :)
Give it a try and select Albania see what quote you get.

More
16 Oct 2022 05:55 #254209 by spumco

am I the only one who likes using a 10X jeweler's' loupe?

Nope.

I have one in my desk at work, one in the mill cart, one in my lathe cart, and a 5x foldable on my keychain.

Plus the usual headband 2.5x and a 4x glasses-type for fiddly wiring jobs.

More
16 Oct 2022 21:36 #254266 by tommylight
Does anyone know what cables labeled 53, 364, 55,.... do???
I did figure out the first two, there are at least 60 more with just numbers going all over the machine, almost all of those in enclosed spaces without easy access:)
Got the limits, Z index, spindle everything, the back panel relays ~40 (still have 3 or 4 not accounted for), safety relays, circuit breakers, hydraulic pump and pressure, lube pump pressure, pedals, work lights, tail and its pinion, material forward, chuck close and release, operator panel is fully wired and set in hal and VCP just need two more wires for the hard e-stop, but i have plenty of cables already, etc.
Most of those are still not tested as i have no clue how the hydraulic toolchanger works, what sensors does it use, where are those sensor pins, etc etc

Attachments:

More
16 Oct 2022 22:18 #254279 by Masiwood123
ako nadjes negde u Srb mogu nekako da ti posaljem u Pristinu..moji drugari u bivsoj EI koriste stonu USB kameru,raspitacu se.. mada je nezgodno gledati u monitor:)

More
17 Oct 2022 21:23 #254368 by tommylight
Lets see....
Spindle fully working under LinuxCNC control, check.
Tool changer figured out from turret unclamping and two different speeds of spinning the tools, to all the pinouts for all 12 tools and when the turret is clamped properly! YAYYYYYYY :) Also has two separate pins, 171 normal tools and 172 for round tools, besides 12 pins for each tool, so that makes 15 inputs on the mesa just for the tool changer, thinking of it i did not check for index pin! Damn it, more spaghetti chase! :)
Then again, i am pretty sure it works without it...
So now i have to do some hal stuff, like on the console there is a switch to change the turret rotation speed and based on that energize one of the two relays, and a push button named "revolver" (how neat) so when that button is pressed, something like this has to happen:
-Unclamp turret>wait a bit>spin turret depending on speed selector>wait for button to be released>wait for turret to get to a known position>stop spinning>wait>clamp
That is as simple as i can get it for the manual change, pretty much the same procedure has to be done for automatic changes.
And for good measure, see if you can figure anything from my scramblings:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: shpatb

Time to create page: 5.397 seconds