Mach3 -> Camtronics -> Parallel P Replacement

More
26 Jan 2022 00:39 - 26 Jan 2022 00:40 #233134 by rdeeming
I did finally get to the bottom of this. I was using a mini keyboard and was using (shift for some reason) 9 and 3 to move the Z axis. Not using the shift key the jog speed is normal.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2022 00:40 by rdeeming. Reason: poor grammar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2022 01:04 #235374 by rdeeming
Got tired of the Gigabyte Brix fan noise decided to get a better system when the garage starts to get hot in the summer etc. Picked of a Dell OptiPlex 990 and that seems to be much better.

Attachments:

More
20 Feb 2022 01:32 - 20 Feb 2022 15:14 #235375 by rdeeming
I did try and do the good fight to get FC35 Server going.

It was close but at the end of a few days I reverted back with CloneZilla and this guide which is put together really nice qtpyvcp Bullseye

With the new kernel builds there is only the need to change grub for RT.
    preempt=full processor.max_cstate=1 idle=poll

If anyone wanted to take off where I left off with FC35.   Here are my notes based off the link above for Debian plus the hacks to get around the most notable few annoyances like yapps and WC3-LinkChecker

# Install rpm fusion
dnf install
mirrors.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm
dnf install mirrors.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpm...on-nonfree-release-$(rpm -E %fedora).noarch.rpm

dnf groupinstall "C Development Tools and Libraries" "KDE Plasma Workspaces" "Development Tools" "LibreOffice" "Office/Productivity" "System Tools"

dnf install systemd-devel tclx-devel tkimg-devel bwidget tk-devel tcl-devel libtirpc-devel libusb-devel libmodbus-devel gtk3-devel gtk2-devel firefox hevea alien boost-devel python3-devel readline-devel python3-tkinter mesa-libGLU-devel devscripts dialog xdotool lshw lm_sensors dialog xdotool lshw glx-utils asciidoc dblatex dvipng cpanspec rpm-build python3-pyopengl geany groff inkscape python3-xlib python3-wheeltcl-tclreadline python-sqlalchemy netcat python3-configobj

dnf install 'perl(CSS::DOM)' 'perl(CSS::DOM::Constants)' 'perl(CSS::DOM::Style)' 'perl(CSS::DOM::Util)' 'perl(Config::General)' 'perl(ExtUtils::MakeMaker)' 'perl(Locale::Country)' 'perl(Locale::Language)' 'perl(Net::IP)' 'perl(Net::hostent)'

wget cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/D/DH/DHM/W3...Checker-5.0.0.tar.gz
tar xvzf W3C-LinkChecker-5.0.0.tar.gz
cd W3C-LinkChecker-5.0.0
perl Makefile.PL; make ; make test ; make install

dget deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/y/yapps2/yapps2_2.2.1-3.1.dsc
tar xvzf yapps2_2.2.1.orig.tar.gz
cd yapps2-2.2.1/
python setup.py install

# Fedora update grub for RT preempt
preempt=full processor.max_cstate=1 idle=poll
grub2-mkconfig
systemctl set-default graphical.target

linuxcnc configure line for this
./configure --with-realtime=uspace --enable-non-distributable=yes --enable-build-documentation=Y

Last edit: 20 Feb 2022 15:14 by rdeeming.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds