Puma 560 simulation using pumakins

More
03 Feb 2016 07:09 #69492 by robottom
I need to admit that 6 input lines to LinuxCNC would work much better. The sharing of the home switch on JT4-6 has some disadvantage: First you can't home them in parallel - this costs more time. Secondly I need to shift the red area (in your timing diagram) to one of the two ends of the JTs to lower the probability that the initial state of the JT is in the red area (not a problem if you have a dedicated home switch per joint). This needs often a long move with SEARCH_VEL to the red area and takes even longer.
But still I can use my Thinkpads without additional hardware and homeing is something that is performed once.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2017 13:46 #100005 by Cpk_Rbt
robottom,

How did you prevent issues around the arm's singularity area? Maybe the first question is: Does your robot have a singularity area? Our 6-axis robot has axes 4-6 straight in line with each other, which creates a singularity when axis 5 is at or near zero, because axis 4 and 6 have unlimited possibilities for movement in a straight line.

More
06 Oct 2017 14:37 #100011 by robottom
sure my robot also has a singularity area - same as with your robot (when axis 5 is at zero) and NO I was not able to prevent these issues in the code - only by just finding setups where axis 5 is not going to zero. This limits the axis 5 area to <100 degree in the world mode.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds