"axis.00.amp-fault-x" not found

I am still missing something

Any ideas where I am going wrong here?
# Servo Alarms  X DI0, Y DI3, Z DI6, A DI9

net amp-fault-x axis.00.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.01.in

net amp-fault-y axis.01.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.02.in

net amp-fault-z axis.02.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.03.in

net amp-fault-a axis.03.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.04.in

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2016 02:37 #69183 by Jake

net amp-fault-x axis.0.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.01.in

net amp-fault-y axis.1.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.02.in

net amp-fault-z axis.2.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.03.in

net amp-fault-a axis.3.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.04.in

Just ended up having to take the zero out in front of the axis designator!!

I got the amp enables going also! Now I have servo fault alarms since I dont have the servos powered!

Making headway.....

More
28 Jan 2016 03:03 #69186 by jmelson

net amp-fault-x axis.0.amp-fault-in ppmc.0.din.01.in

Just ended up having to take the zero out in front of the axis designator!!

Yes, these are text strings, so xx.00.yy is NOT the same as xx.0.yy

Jon

More
06 Feb 2016 23:44 #69720 by Jake
I am finally to the point where I am ready to tune servos, but now I have a
'ppmc.0.DAC.00.value' does not exist

I have not changed anything in ppmc_motion.hal

I tried loading the backup copy of motion.hal

What do yall think happened?

THANKS!@!

More
07 Feb 2016 03:17 #69728 by jmelson

I am finally to the point where I am ready to tune servos, but now I have a
'ppmc.0.DAC.00.value' does not exist

I have not changed anything in ppmc_motion.hal

I tried loading the backup copy of motion.hal

What do yall think happened?

THANKS!@!

Power the PPMC card cage down, and reseat the DAC board. Then, try again. If it still doesn't work, run the diags
with :
sudo ./ppmcdiags 378 bus

(assuming you are using the motherboard parallel port, otherwise replace 378 with the correct port address for your parallel port) and see what it reports. You should get 3 or 4 boards shown, including a DAC board. If not, then there may be something wrong with the DAC board. Also, it is possible the address switches are set wrong, and one of the other boards is interfering with the DAC board's address. The usual layout is encoder at 0, DAC at 4 and DIOs at 6, 7 and up. But, the driver figures it all out unless two boards are set to the same address.

Also, make sure those zeroes are not letter Oh.

Jon

More
07 Feb 2016 20:39 #69747 by Jake
ok restarting the controls did the trick there!!

Now I am onto figuring out why I can't get any motion out of the servos. Im just going through double checking control wiring, no alarms no smoke. I bet there is a jumper somewhere or ?? hopefully ill find it this afternoon.

More
08 Feb 2016 04:22 - 08 Feb 2016 04:43 #69760 by Jake
Well I am stumped at the moment, the servo drives are showing that they are "baseblocked" which the servo manual says the servo turns off when that is lit.

I have both the limit switch run inhibits jumpered to the 24VDC (-) as it says the normal condition is closed for the switch. ( I tried them in the other configuration for the heck of it with no change.

I have 24vdc + to pin 7, pin 8 connected to 24 vdc -

I originally had 38 connected to a DC I/O pin on the PPMC and 39 to the PPMC 5vdc - the transistor would change states as it would allow me "turn on" as long as the servopacks were powered.

I am thinking that may be my problem as it is expecting 24VDC on 38 and 39. It does say a max of 30ma, the relays I have are drawing 40ma. I have had thoughts of finding a relay that I can get under 30ma or try to figure out another circuit that I can send 24VDC to the servo pack but still have a signal make it back to the PPMC DC I/O card.

EDIT: The other servopack document I have says that those outputs are good for 100ma, if that is the case I am good to go. Just can not get past the base block issue right now.

As soon as you try to move an axis it says axis not following. When you click the mouse for a movement, there is one LED on the servopack that lights up momentary, then the machine goes to the off state with the axis not following message.

I don't know, I am stumped at the moment. I thought that with the +24vdc to 7, and 8, 26, 41 to -24vdc I would be able to get it to run with a signal going to 14, 15

Anything yall can think of that I am missing?

I have tried the reset button on the drives and it did not help either.

Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Feb 2016 04:43 by Jake.

More
08 Feb 2016 04:35 #69761 by jmelson

Well I am stumped at the moment, the servo drives are showing that they are "baseblocked" which the servo manual says the servo turns off when that is lit.

Right, so you need to provide an enable signal to the servo amps. Generally, they need a contact closure to some pin to activate them. This should come from SSR8 on the DIO board. You will need a DC SSR for this function. (Or, you could use an AC SSR to trip a mechanical relay to provide what the amps need on individual contacts.

I have both the limit switch run inhibits jumpered to the 24VDC (-) as it says the normal condition is closed for the switch. ( I tried them in the other configuration for the heck of it with no change.

I have 24vdc + to pin 7, pin 8 connected to 24 vdc -

If pin 8 is hardwired to gnd of the 24 V supply, it probably should go through a relay that can open that circuit when LinuxCNC is in E-stop, and ground it when out of E-stop. Cycling this connection may clear some status in the drive.
[qoute]
I originally had 38 connected to a DC I/O pin on the PPMC and 39 to the PPMC 5vdc - the transistor would change states as it would allow me "turn on" as long as the servopacks were powered.

I am thinking that may be my problem as it is expecting 24VDC on 38 and 39. It does say a max of 30ma, the relays I have are drawing 40ma. I have had thoughts of finding a relay that I can get under 30ma or try to figure out another circuit that I can send 24VDC to the servo pack but still have a signal make it back to the PPMC DC I/O card.
[/quote]
38 and 39 appear to be an OUTPUT from the servopak, and probably doesn't have any effect on the state of the drive.

As soon as you try to move an axis it says axis not following. When you click the mouse for a movement, there is one LED on the servopack that lights up momentary, then the machine goes to the off state with the axis not following message.

This may indicate the drive is causing the wrong direction of motion and the servo amp is going to a fault status.
Or, it may be that you just need to open up the following error limits on the axes. Increase the value of
MIN_FERROR to something like 0.5 (half an inch).

Jon

More
08 Feb 2016 05:06 #69762 by Jake
Thanks Jon,

I have the pin 8 of each of the servos going through a SSR 1,2,3 I will move them over to SSR8 when I get the current amp built as I will be at the limit of the SSR's with 3 servopacks on it.

Which those are cycling on and off with the Estop.
I did find in that manual that the output ratings for the servo alarm and others are 100ma so adding a relay to the circuit and having the alarm go back to the PPMC through the relay will be easy to do. Why one book says 30ma and the other 100ma I have no idea.

The servo drives are not in alarm status which I find weird. I would think with it baseblocked the alarm circuit would be in.

I will try increasing the MIN_FERROR and a couple other things tomorrow night

More
09 Feb 2016 13:42 #69843 by Jake
Still no luck. Tripled checked the wiring, and conditions. Still can not get it out of base block. Moving the alarm circuitry over to the 24v did not have any affect either. I'll move it back to the PPMC tonight as it was functioning correctly there. Changing MINFERROR did give it more time to try to move.

I don't know I'm stumped.

I posted it up on practical machinist and CNC zone along with sending an email to Yasakawa this morning

What ever it is, is common with all three servo packs as there all in this state.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds