Hurco BMC 20 Ultimax 3 Retrofit

More
09 Feb 2016 13:45 #69844 by andypugh

Still no luck. Tripled checked the wiring, and conditions. Still can not get it out of base block. .

Have you tried hard-wiring the enables? ie, physical bits of wire, no relays, no complications?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 13:56 #69845 by Jake
Yeah I have. Last night I had (8 servo enable) ( alarm return), (two limits) all tied directly to 0v with no change.

The servo is also not in alarm condition. When you put 208 power to the servo the alarm relay closes like it would in a normal condition.

I just can't get the truck out of park!

I have 10 wires on my connector to the servo pack which are all accounted for. The only ones I have not terminated are the torque meters. I have not built the A-D converters for yet. I did get a couple Arduino boards in the other day. Maybe it sensing that there is no torque meter connected won't allow a run? I can't find where it says if that is a permissive. All the Allen Bradley drives I have dealt with all you had to do for motion was 24v in and connect the enable and direction permissive to 0v and you were in business.

Every other little issue on this machine has been no big deal, it's frustrating when this is the big milestone that has me STUCK.

Hopefully I'll hear from Yasakawa today.

More
09 Feb 2016 14:19 #69847 by Jake
Andy,

Do you have more information on the Arduino analog to digital with interface to the PC?

Thanks!

More
09 Feb 2016 14:36 #69849 by andypugh

Do you have more information on the Arduino analog to digital with interface to the PC?

I have read back through the thread, and I have no idea what this question is about.

Can you eleborate?

You shouldn't need any A to D. Only the drives need to know about the tachs.

More
09 Feb 2016 14:50 #69851 by Jake

I have read back through the thread, and I have no idea what this question is about.

Can you eleborate?

You shouldn't need any A to D. Only the drives need to know about the tachs.

My servo drives have a analog torque output. I want to send that torque output to LCNC, so I can have meters or a trip function if the servo or spindle torque gets to high. You had mentioned that someone had done that with an Arduino and interfaced it with the Linux CNC. This was actually very far down the list, as the machine should function just fine without them. It will just be a nice feature to have in the future. Especially where your doing some aggressive material removal and your can see how hard your pushing the machine and tailor your code to work within the boundaries.

I originally mentioned that torque output signal thinking it might cause a permissive but I wouldn't think so.

More
09 Feb 2016 16:14 #69856 by andypugh

My servo drives have a analog torque output. I want to send that torque output to LCNC, so I can have meters or a trip function if the servo or spindle torque gets to high. You had mentioned that someone had done that with an Arduino .

Are there any ADC options on the Pico board? You could potentially look at voltage-to-frequency and use a spare encoder input.

For an Arduino solution:
emergent.unpythonic.net/01198594294

More
09 Feb 2016 17:37 #69866 by jmelson

Still no luck. Tripled checked the wiring, and conditions. Still can not get it out of base block. Moving the alarm circuitry over to the 24v did not have any affect either. I'll move it back to the PPMC tonight as it was functioning correctly there. Changing MINFERROR did give it more time to try to move.

Well, I've never heard this base block term before. Does the machine move at all, even a tiny bit? Can you connect a DVM to the velocity command wire to the servo amp and see what it is getting? Possibly if the ground return for the velocity command is not right, it could think it is getting a large signal there, which might be interpreted as an error condition. Maybe you could disconnect from the DAC board and short the velocity input to the velocity ground and see if it will power up without going into the base block state.

(And, no, the Pico Systems PPMC does not feature any analog input.)

Jon

More
09 Feb 2016 18:11 #69873 by Jake
Nope no movement at all. the servo motors are stone cold also.

When the controller is calling for a movement command an additional light comes on the servopack

I did try swapping the leads on the DAC and that did not work either.

I will put a meter on it tonight and try with it disconnected from the DAC also.

I just got off the phone with Yasakawa. They said as long as my 24vdc+ is on 7, and I have 8, 26, 41 connected to 0v it should be fat dumb and happy. I don't need the torque signal or the alarm signal hooked up to anything.

More
10 Feb 2016 04:18 #69909 by Jake
im a retard.

Well I had 24vdc to the drive, 208 single phase, but no 208 three phase to the drives. I had originally thought the one switch in the cabinet turned both the single and 3 phase to the servos on. There was another contactor that sent the 3ph to the servo packs.

I do have an overload alarm on the x, and z. So I am going to troubleshoot those tomorrow and go from there. Thanks guys!

More
10 Feb 2016 11:15 #69920 by andypugh

im a retard.
Well I had 24vdc to the drive, 208 single phase, but no 208 three phase to the drives

Things like this are only obvious once you have spotted them.

I spent much of last night disassembling and troubleshooting my servo PSU. Eventually I noticed that the breaker on the wall had tripped....

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds