Hurco BMC 20 Ultimax 3 Retrofit

More
10 Feb 2016 20:01 #69955 by Jake
I am going to check out my servos in a bit. But I have a bad feeling I have two bad servos. It is odd that I have the same overcurrent alarm on two drives. So I am going to check the caps, and the output SCR's to see if one of those is shorted out along with meggering my servo and cables.

But for now I have commented out my x and z and tried to get some motion out of the Y but I can not get them to move

I set the Zero on the drive so the servo is not hunting back and forth while sitting

I found a page with the servo tuning. But I have not found some of the exact components to put into the halscope. I can not get the hal scope to show anything either. Ill be back to messing with it in a bit.

Once I get some current amps knocked out I am going to hook up my main power contactor to my Estop SSR and have the 24vdc servo enable through 1 of the SSR's. I am going to actually move my lube pump to come on with the servo enable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2016 19:05 #70007 by Jake
Well I pulled my servoamps out. Looks like I have one with a shorted out IGBT, one that the IGBT checks out ok, and one that has no alarm, and can not get any motion out of it.

I am thinking about running them up to a servo shop in the metromess next week, and ill take my servos for them to run them to see how they do also.

I keep thinking about replacing the servopacks with another servopack. $1800 repair or $3300 for new seems a bit steep. I am having a hard time thinking about that when I do not know for certain the exact condition of the rest of the machine.

Especially when there are tons of Allen Bradley Ultra 3k on fleabay cheap. Yaskawa has always seemed to be the most expensive by a large margin.

More
19 May 2016 02:48 #74832 by Jake
I actually got to spend some time on the mill tonight.

I put my ebay drive in and one of my drives that had a bad igbt that I changed (still have a problem on the one I changed parts on)

But I was able to get motion on the servo and servo drive while the servo was sitting on the floor. Seems like the servo is running one speed no matter what. It is almost like it is not developing enough torque to to move the axis when coupled. I am going to try my other drives again and ship off the ones that I am beating my head on.

Refuel outage is done in another 10 days so back to 40 hours a week! I cant wait.

More
28 May 2016 16:15 #75188 by Jake
Finally made some headway again!

I have two operational servo packs in it now. Third one should be here next week. Now onto pid tuning, once I hit the machine on command the x axis runs away until it hits the following error. Drives are zeroed out when idle, just runs when you turn machine on. Hopefully by then end of June I'll be making chips and changing tools!

More
28 May 2016 22:24 #75202 by jmelson

I have two operational servo packs in it now. Third one should be here next week. Now onto pid tuning, once I hit the machine on command the x axis runs away until it hits the following error. Drives are zeroed out when idle, just runs when you turn machine on. Hopefully by then end of June I'll be making chips and changing tools!

OK, this is the classic servo runaway. In your .ini file, in the [axis_0] section, change the arithmetic sign of OUTPUT_SCALE to the opposite. This will cause the motor to move move in the correct direction when it is off the null point.

Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake

More
28 May 2016 23:48 #75206 by Jake
I'll give that a shot, I'm waiting on the amp to show up along with a new encoder coupling for the y axis :angry: !

More
01 Jun 2016 22:31 #75310 by Jake
When I swap the sign the machine wont move, just growls at me. The scales are going backwards, I need to figure out where to reverse that. The axis will move + when I ask to move -. I need to find the encoder input scaling also. Mine are 5k count encoders.

OK, this is the classic servo runaway. In your .ini file, in the [axis_0] section, change the arithmetic sign of OUTPUT_SCALE to the opposite. This will cause the motor to move move in the correct direction when it is off the null point.

Jon

More
02 Jun 2016 01:10 #75314 by jmelson

When I swap the sign the machine wont move, just growls at me. The scales are going backwards, I need to figure out where to reverse that. The axis will move + when I ask to move -. I need to find the encoder input scaling also. Mine are 5k count encoders.

OK, if the machine is behaving well but just moving in the opposite direction, you need to reverse the sign of both
INPUT_SCALE and OUTPUT_SCALE.

INPUT_SCALE is the encoder input scale. Generally, take the encoder line count X 4 X the leadscrew pitch in TPI, and you will get the correct value, unless there is a belt ratio. So, for 5K line encoders directly on a 5 TPI ballscrew, that would be 5000 X 4 X 5 = 100000.

Jon

More
25 Jun 2016 00:23 #76622 by Jake
question for yall.....

# connect limit/home switch outputs to motion controller
newsig Xminlim bit
newsig Xmaxlim bit
newsig Xhome bit
net Xminlim axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in ppmc.0.din.01.in-not
net Xmaxlim axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in ppmc.0.din.02.in-not
net Xminlim axis.0.home-sw-in
HOME_OFFSET =                    1.0
HOME_SEARCH_VEL =                -0.5
HOME_LATCH_VEL =                 0.1
HOME_USE_INDEX =                 YES
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES

Is there something I am missing that I need to add to allow it to move only in the opposite direction that inhibits the directions?

Thanks again!!!!!

I am getting a bit further! I can move all three axis now!

When it hits the limit it quits and wont let me turn the machine back on. I have to physically move it off the limit to get it rolling again.

More
25 Jun 2016 00:55 #76623 by andypugh
Most GUIs have an override that lets you jog off the limits.

But you shouldn't be able to hit the limits anyway if the soft-limits are set up right.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 2.590 seconds