Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
25 Apr 2018 19:07 #109608 by RotarySMP
Thanks to Bob's wake up call, I found a half hour to continue today. Just started wiring the bezel button switches.

Mark
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: J Green

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2018 23:07 #109963 by Fermaq
Hi!
I''m speaking here from Portugal. This is my first post in this forum.
I've been reading this topic just for the sake of it, but I have not read it all yet. The topic already has a lot of information, and I still have to translate it into Portuguese, ... I've been reading it a little everyday.
In this moment I just want to say that I also have too a Maho MH 300 C that I will have to do retrofit. At the beginning of last month it has broken down and all paths indicate that it will have been the CPU.
I'm thinking of doing is putting controller, servomotors and servodrives all new.
I have not started yet because besides the Maho I also have a Schaublin 32 CNC that I had bought shortly with some malfunctions, and at this moment the priority is focused on this one.
I leave some photos of the Maho that I have, one of which is the failure ...
I give strength, and continuation of great work.
Sorry, my english is a google
translator
Attachments:

More
01 May 2018 23:14 #109965 by andypugh
emcPT is in Portugal, and is a major supplier of Mesa boards too. (active on this forum)

www.eusurplus.com

More
01 May 2018 23:27 #109969 by Fermaq
I do not know this company. I was doing a search with emcPT in the search engine but I could not find anything related ...

More
02 May 2018 05:58 #109999 by cgroth
Hi,
I also have a machine like yours. It is a shame I currently do not have the time for a retrofit. I have the same controller, so if I can help you for a quick check (maybe EPROMs are corrupted?) please tell me.
Christian

More
02 May 2018 08:00 - 02 May 2018 08:01 #110002 by Fermaq
It might be Eprom's, I think so. I had the help of two technicians who at first suspected could be the power supply of the controller, but the measured voltages are all within the admissible values. I replace battery battery to eliminate possibilities but has remained the same...

I had a problem on monitor, and shortly before I tried to read the Hz to replace that monitor with an LCD. I was going to have to use a converter to convert the signal to VGA, I think that's the way it is said, and to do the reading, not knowing I ended up making a short circuit. At that point I lost part of the constants. I re-entered the ones that were missing or wrong and everything was ok again.
Then worked twice, about 4.5 hours and everything ok. The next day when I turned on the machine this error appeared and I was never able to do anything.

But I'm seeing this for the right side.
-In the monitor sometimes editing programs the letters were so diminished at the time that almost could not read what was written.
-At to date I have never been able to establish a connection between PC and Maho effectively, I had communication difficulties, ... I copied some lines and stopped transmitting.
-The machine does not run DNC completely, it does 2.5 ... ?(...)
The intervention I'm going to make ends up with some evolution / progress ...

I had been watching here how to replace the monitor ...
www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/cr...cal-possible-158681/
Last edit: 02 May 2018 08:01 by Fermaq.

More
02 May 2018 10:15 #110009 by J Green
Maho CRT monitor to LCD monitor replacement.
www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/dmg-mori-s...-monitor-pix-162256/ shows the Neovo F415 LCD 15 inch monitor that works without a frequency converter. The F4?? series will work at low sweep rates . F415 is a 15inch size and a F420 is a 20 inch size.
That Neovo F415 LCD monitor is no longer being manufactured, I think. So try to pick up one from E-bay or other used equipment seller.
Just a question but why change the servo motors and servo-drives ?
Maybe cgroth can help with how to establish a connection between PC and Maho effectively.

More
02 May 2018 10:28 #110011 by andypugh

I do not know this company. I was doing a search with emcPT in the search engine but I could not find anything related ...

forum.linuxcnc.org/show-your-stuff/32765...-with-linuxcnc#92757

(Or search by user name in the advanced search)

More
02 May 2018 12:14 - 02 May 2018 12:14 #110015 by RotarySMP
Hi Fermaq,

I would recommend you start a specific thread for the maintenance or retrofit of your MAHO 300C, as it is a sufficiently different machine that it is not a good idea for this good information to be buried in page 38 of a MAHO 400E thread.

Hi Dominik,

I have found some time to read through your gearchange.comp some more. I am updating my files to use the same HAL pin terminology as your COMP so I dont get confused between similar terms. I have a couple of questions:

pin out bit reducer_motor;
pin out bit middle_motor;
pin out bit input_motor;
pin out bit motor_turn_right; "Is this is the Reverse direction - 11K7 relays"
pin out bit motor_center_pos;

pin out bit spindle_small_left;
pin out bit spindle_small_right;
pin out bit spindle_brake_transm; "This function is done by piggybacked contacts on the CW or CCW relays on the 400E"
pin out bit spindle_turn_left; " Does this COMP also start the spindle once the gearchange is complete?" I thought it was only the S code which this COMP reacts to, with the spindle start being the standard M3/M4 codes in the G code being implemented in the standard LinuxCNC way.
pin out bit spindle_turn_right;
pin out bit spindle_star; "The soft start is done by a time delay relay (1K5) and is thus automatic on the 400E" Which other parts of the code would I need to deactivate ?
pin out bit spindle_triangel;

pin out bit spindle_at_speed;
pin out bit transmission_lamp;
pin out bit ready;

Mark
Last edit: 02 May 2018 12:14 by RotarySMP.

More
02 May 2018 12:37 #110016 by db1981
Hi Mark,

-pin out bit motor_turn_right; "Is this is the Reverse direction - 11K7 relays" YES,
-for the brake i still have to do some minor changes
-star relay , the 700 has no soft start, this is only used for the toogeling between gear changes
-the whole spindle function is managed by the comp, for this the spindle outputs from motion have to be linked to the inputs
spindle_left_enable and right_enable from the comp

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds