Zenford Zeigler Retrofit

More
18 Jul 2018 21:34 #114497 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
What Andy said and those diodes are there to protect those transistors from the back EMF and voltage generated from motors when free wheeling or loss of power and from induction created when switching on/off etc. Do check those diodes too, but you have to separate them before you do so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2018 23:49 #114505 by snoozer77
Replied by snoozer77 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
Thanks guys. Will be working on the machine this afternoon. Appreciate the help. Will let you know what i find.

More
19 Jul 2018 09:01 #114521 by snoozer77
Well no great luck with the transistors / diodes on the bottom of the drive. I pretty much tested all the drives and they seemed good. No shorted components, or any high / low diode drops. The drives have 2 sections that can separate. The heatsink side has the transistors, diodes and some resistors, and that plugs into the pcb (control circuit). I ended up switching over one of the good running drives transistor section with a faulty full speed on enable transistor section, and the fault stayed with the pcb control, not the transistor section. :(

Will have to look into it a bit more, checking components etc.

Anything else you recommend to check out in particular?

More
19 Jul 2018 10:44 #114524 by RotarySMP
Replied by RotarySMP on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
Did you already replace all old capacitors? They are normally a ticking time bomb in power electronics.
Mark

More
19 Jul 2018 11:17 #114525 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
On the electronics side the first thing to check are the voltage regulators and capacitors, beyond that it is a forest covered in dense fog at night with no moon, with no shoes on! :)

More
19 Jul 2018 12:54 #114528 by snoozer77
Hi Mark

I havnt changed out any capacitors yet. I was happy when none of them gave me an unexpected fireworks show when i first gave them power. I will change them out before i go much further.

Its nice and wet here at the moment Tommy.... and dark. haha

I can live with having 3 drives only, but really, out of 9... Surely the electronics gods can smile upon me and show me a little love.

We will see......................

Cheers guys

Matt

More
22 Jul 2018 08:38 #114657 by Marz1987
Replied by Marz1987 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
Hey Snoozer,
3 drives is pretty good and at least you'll be able to get the machine moving. Could I trouble you for some more pics of the wiring diagrams of the limit switches, spindle gear change, and tool changer. If you scanned the wiring diagrams and the hyperloop manual I would send you some beer money.
Cheers
Marcel.

More
22 Jul 2018 10:38 #114661 by snoozer77
Will have to work out how to scan the drawings. They are big. I woukdnt mind a elecrronuc copy myself. I will see what i can do. Hopefully your not in to much of a hurry.

More
24 Jul 2018 22:54 #114780 by Marz1987
Replied by Marz1987 on topic Zenford Zeigler Retrofit
Don't worry if it too much hassle, would you be able to tell me the command pins for the hyperloop +/- 10v ?.
Gone with a clear earth approach to the old wiring.
Got anymore progress on your machine ?

More
25 Jul 2018 12:21 #114795 by snoozer77
Sorry, been flat out. Havnt had a chance to do much lately. The command pins are pins 2 and 12 in the first pic of the spindle wiring diagram.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds