Set up using AMC AB15A100 drives, brushed DC motor Prototrak Plus with Encoders

More
18 Aug 2022 19:34 #250032 by new2linux
Todd, many thanks! If I were to, as your post suggests:
"To change the test.demo to send the signal to the other drive, just edit the hal file to change which analog out the command goes to"
I also need to change the places where the probe and GND go to on the other drive (the "Y"), for each Channel 1 & 2, correct in addition to editing the .hal file so the scope has input. If so, I may do this in the morning.

Many thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2022 19:40 #250033 by Todd Zuercher
Yes you'd need to change the probe postions.

If it is currently connected to the X-axis, which is connected to hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout0. You would change this line in the hal file from:
net x-output <= siggen.0.square => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout0
to:
net y-output <= siggen.0.square => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout1
(assuming your Y-axis is connected to the 2nd analog out on your 7i77.) If not use what ever pin name is used in your regular Linuxcnc hal file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: new2linux

More
19 Aug 2022 15:13 #250077 by new2linux
Todd, Many thanks for all the help. I have renamed the files from the o-scope and compressed them in a folder from this most recent set of traces. The start of file name is the SW3 setting, ie. starts at 10 (1 below the factory default settings) and goes to the 130 settings and are in order, so as you view them they organized. The .zip file when open, shows traces in order as per the SW3 chart. I can see that some of the traces have a small spike at the beginning, some at the end. Before I remove the "temp wires" and start the other axes, just need to be shore.
Many thanks!

Attachments:

More
19 Aug 2022 17:01 #250081 by Todd Zuercher
Yes, I've noticed that too. There appears to be some noise pulse in your analog output signal that appears to be near but not exactly the same 100hz frequency as the Stepgen. This is why it seems to move around, sometimes, it is at the beginning sometimes the end or middle, but seems to stay consistent within a single trace image.

You could try changing up the frequency a little to see what affect that has on the stray blip. But I think it is a real blip that the servo drive is also seeing. Try 80, 90, 110 or 120 hz. to see if the blip stays near 100hz or if it follows the commanded frequency. I have no explanation for what could be the source of it.

More
19 Aug 2022 17:26 - 19 Aug 2022 19:04 #250083 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks!! The .zip file has almost the first half of the SW3-5 settings, this "hz" is the same as the units in SW3-5 settings (the setting chart uses "k" & (symbol for omega) as the units) this is what you are referring to:
" Try 80, 90, 110 or 120 hz. to see if the blip stays near 100hz or if it follows the commanded frequency."
You should have all of those traces, starting at 10 kz to 130 kz, in all the same units as to be identical. I believe there are 14 files compressed in the .zip file, 1 of them starts name as 20redo does not open for me, so only really 12 different files (file60 has a redo that worked) because 2 of the 60 hz are only 12 different traces in the .zip file. After I reviewed the traces again this morning I want someone else to have all the info I had to look at to make a decision upon. I am interested in doing what is necessary to have confidence all will work-out and all is good.
Many thanks!
Edit: I plan to try the "y" axes over the weekend and see how it goes.
Many thanks!
Last edit: 19 Aug 2022 19:04 by new2linux.

More
20 Aug 2022 16:00 #250109 by new2linux
I am enormously grateful to the forum's organizers, the forum's members and the moderators for the continued support and knowledge that I have gained.

I am equally grateful for Todd's guidance and help.

After editing the .hal file as per Todd's suggestion (as per this post: 18 Aug 2022 19:40 #250033) to edit to look like this line:
"net y-output <= siggen.0.square => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout1"
After this edit and saving (including reboot, I know it's saved) a "configuration for the "y" axes" I am without the ability to get the "y" axes motor to receive "test" signal, I saw in the screen (HAL Oscilloscope) no option to get (channel 1 in the hal-scope screen) the option to pick "siggen.1.square" as an option. I have in this (hal-scope screen) the ability to pick the "hm2_5i25.0.1.analogout1" this is the option Todd suggest editing at the beginning. I am not able to get the "y" axes motor to vibrate, as to show, receiving the command from the Linuxcnc test demo.

Many thanks!

More
22 Aug 2022 12:28 #250199 by Todd Zuercher
After you edited the line in the hal file, did you save it as the original file name (over write the old file), or did you give it a new hal file name?

If you gave it a new file name, then you must also change the line in the test.demo file that calls the hal file to match the new name, other wise you will still be opening it using the old hal file.

More
22 Aug 2022 15:21 #250212 by new2linux
Todd, Thank you! Yes you are correct I saved as new name. This morning I have deleted the new name, reviewed the edit: "net y-output <= siggen.0.square => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout1", this looks correct. But when I am at "terminal" screen, key in "~/linuxcnc/configs/test/test.demo" and get the "HAL Oscilloscope" screen look at channel 2 = "hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1analogout1" looks good, but channel 1 has only this option with siggen in it: siggen.0.square.

Many thanks!

More
22 Aug 2022 16:17 #250214 by Todd Zuercher
I'm not sure I follow what the problem is. Halscope isn't really all that useful for the test anyway, It's just to visually confirm what the signals are inside Linuxcnc that way you know you have them set they way you think you do.

In Halscope only pins or signals that exist will be available to choose for channels. So last time you opened it, I think you had the Signal name selected for the X analog out. That signal no longer exists so Halscope turned off that channel when it opened with the Y config. Just click the channel 2 button and select a new hal pin or signal of your choice.

More
22 Aug 2022 16:32 #250215 by new2linux
Todd, Thanks! The motor does not vibrate when turned on. As before on ch 1, I would use the "enable servo drive" in the "test" screen and the motor would vibrate. My thinking was that the reason that the "enable servo drive" does not work was that the siggen needed to see pin 1 not 0 to start proper.

After the motor vibrates, I would press the "auto" on the Rigol o-scope, then adj for best to fit screen on the o-scope, then press the "print" button on o-scope to save file to USB drive.

Many thanks!!

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds