× Forum Header

Please help, I need some addvise

More
16 May 2013 00:25 #34141 by allenwg2005
Hi,

I should mention before I forget, all the terminals are clean, the axes are functioning as thry should.

I have played with the “search” and “latch” signs and values a bit, there must be some little thing I'm not seeing that is crossing me up. There really are lots of layers to keep in mind here. (Making it flexible).
The odd thing is when X homed to the right it worked, all I changed was the sign of “search” and it changed direction, but no longer functioned the way it did with a positive sign.

You may notice the Z axis has no homing commands in the ini, most likely why it won't home at all.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 01:35 #34143 by pws
Just curious - when you 'change the sign of "search"' - do you also have to flip the values of MIN_LIMIT and MAX_LIMIT ?

More
16 May 2013 02:11 #34145 by Todd Zuercher
When you jog the machine in the negitive direction does it move toward the min-limit?
Is the switch that you think is the min-limit the one that LinuxCNC thinks is tripped when the machine is against it?
Is the min-limit and not the max-limit, connected to the axis.0.home-sw-in pin?
The following user(s) said Thank You: allenwg2005

More
16 May 2013 02:59 #34147 by allenwg2005
Todd,
I've been staring at the hal file thinking “I know I'm missing something here”, (Ya think???)
If you switch ends for homing, the for-more limit is listening for the trigger on a port/pin that isn't hearing anything!

PWS, it's not the values, it's (as Todd points out) the pin assignments.
Switched them and it's working.
I will follow thru and adjust the other axes and test.

Thanks

More
16 May 2013 03:55 #34151 by pws
I see. So, if I have BOTH of the X axis limits on the same pin, I am guessing it will be a little different.

Bear with me - I am still absorbing all of this!

Thanks for the input.

Paul

More
16 May 2013 04:22 #34152 by allenwg2005
Paul, I think the type of switch you're using makes a lot of difference (N/O, N/C, prox, toggle, ect.).
There is a fair amount of info. in this thread you can referance.
Let these folks know if you need help.
You're at the right place.

All axes are homing, any other "tuning" I should do?

More
16 May 2013 04:52 #34154 by pws
Absolutely true, however, the fact that I have BOTH limits on one pin excludes a "N/O" configuration. Given that, I am still a little unclear whether changing the "sign" of the parameter would require swapping the MIN_LIMIT and MAX_LIMIT values. In a N/C (series wired) configuration, I can see where that would make sense.

I am not at a point where "HOME" would mean anything to my setup! The X and Y haven't even met the "Z"...

Thanks again!

Paul

More
16 May 2013 04:52 #34155 by Todd Zuercher
Just to make sure that you are not loosing steps anywhere,

And if you have not, set your soft limits appropriate.

Time to make some chips fly.

More
16 May 2013 05:22 #34157 by andypugh

Absolutely true, however, the fact that I have BOTH limits on one pin excludes a "N/O" configuration. Given that, I am still a little unclear whether changing the "sign" of the parameter would require swapping the MIN_LIMIT and MAX_LIMIT values. In a N/C (series wired) configuration, I can see where that would make sense.

I set up the home switches on my new machine today. I got confused too ;-)

My Z has home at 0, home offset of 1, axis max of 1, and axis min of -250.
This is because it homes to the higher-numbered end of the axis. (maximum Z)

More
16 May 2013 06:35 #34159 by allenwg2005
I forgot one thing. (So much for "the axes are working as they should"). :whistle:
The direction is backward on Z, always has been.
The up page key sends it down, and so on.
I'm reluctant to start thrashing around to fix this so I thought I would just ask.
How do I reverse directions?

I will most likely have to make changes to the homing settings when this is fixed.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds