LinuxCNC + Orange Pi (allwincnc)

More
22 Oct 2022 11:53 #254750 by Xthyjd
I did everything a week ago according to the instructions using OPI
PC, Armbian_21.02.1_Orangepipc_buster_current_5.10.12_desktop.img, 2 attempts were not successful, after a reboot there were no responses from the board, but for some reason everything worked for the third time, I made a copy of the SD (15.5GB vhd) and continued setting up. If you have a place - I can upload it and write the username and password for root and cnc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2022 06:28 #256320 by virencq
Hello,
I have a working installation but my O code not loading. I have changed O to "o". mine file name is also in lowercase. not working at all. 

File Attachment:

File Name: setup.ngc
File Size:0 KB

[RS274NGC]
#RS274NGC_STARTUP_CODE = G18 G21 S05 G40 G49 G54 G80 G90 G94 G07 M09 M05 G64 P0.005 Q0.005
RS274NGC_STARTUP_CODE = O<setup> CALL
PARAMETER_FILE = linuxcnc.var
USER_M_PATH = /home/pi/linuxcnc/configs/OTM/m_codes/
SUBROUTINE_PATH = /home/pi/linuxcnc/configs/OTM/macros/
Attachments:

More
10 Nov 2022 06:35 #256321 by virencq
Here below help needed, How to debounce encoder.A and Z.

addf arisc.encoder.read servo-thread
setp arisc.encoder.0.A-port 0 #PA
setp arisc.encoder.0.A-pin 13
setp arisc.encoder.0.Z-port 0 #PA
setp arisc.encoder.0.Z-pin 14
addf near.0 servo-thread
addf pwmgen.make-pulses base-thread
addf pwmgen.update servo-thread

More
10 Nov 2022 20:43 #256384 by Bari
What type of encoder is generating bounces?

More
11 Nov 2022 04:17 #256401 by virencq
Sir,
I am using 50 sloted disc with optical sensors for Index and phase-A.
In Raspberry Pi I have working debounce

setp debounce.1.delay 6
unlinkp encoder.0.phase-Z
unlinkp hal_pi_gpio.pin-10-in
net indexunfit <= hal_pi_gpio.pin-10-in
net indexunfit <= debounce.1.0.in
net indexfit <= debounce.1.0.out
net indexfit <= encoder.0.phase-Z

unlinkp encoder.0.phase-A
unlinkp hal_pi_gpio.pin-08-in
net spindleunfit <= hal_pi_gpio.pin-08-in
net spindleunfit <= debounce.1.1.in
net spindlefit <= debounce.1.1.out
net spindlefit <= encoder.0.phase-A

More
03 Dec 2022 21:42 #258456 by 109jb
So I have been using LinuxCNC on the Orange Pi One with my milling machine for a while now with no problems. I had documented the install of Armbian and of LinuxCNC carefully back when I originally did this and decided to get a new SD card and do a clean install to backup, which wasn't successful even though I had pretty well detailed steps. Now I did take my original working SD card and successfully created a backup image, but since the one I have coming is a bit different model board I'm not sure if I can use this image for the new board. Would like to get this figured out if I can.

Here is how I am doing it and what is happening afterward.
  1. Burn Armbian image to SD using Belana Etcher. (Initially tried the original Armbian image that I had saved to my main computer back when I did this originally. This image worked back then but not this time. I have also tried other distributions including ones older than Armbian_21.05.1 with Linux kernel v5.10.34 as noted in MX-Masters notes)
  2. SD inserted into O-Pi and booted to desktop. (Each distro I tried got through this fine.
  3. Install LinuxCNC using the following steps (basically how described on Allwincnc pages)
    1. from terminal - got clone github.com/allwincnc/installer
    2. from terminal - cd installer
    3. from terminal - ./install.sh
    4. follow prompts selecting H3 board, Y for all options, and English for language selections.
Depending on the Armbian distribution, this either fails or completes without errors. On those that complete the install without errors, they fail to boot. I have read that the SanDisk SD cards are best and that cheap cards can cause problems so I bought a new class 10 SanDisk card to see if I had a bad SD but got the same results. Since I only use Linux for my CNC machines, I am at a loss on how to correct this. Below is what is on the screen from the boot process when when it fails. I have tried adding the following lines to the /boot/ArmbianEnv.txt file but this does not seem to work. (extraargs=rootdelay=30 and extraargs=rootwait)

Thanks, and here is what the display shows on boot fail. Seems to be the same as user fery15sty

Loading, please wait...
Starting version 241
Begin: Loading essential drivers ... done.
Running /scripts/init-premount ... done.
Begin: Mounting root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-top ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-premount ... Scanning for Btrfs filesystems
done.
Begin: Waiting for root file system ... Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
done.
Gave up waiting for root file system device. Common problems:
 -Boot args (cat /proc/cmdline)
  -Check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?)
 -Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)
ALERT! UUID=66266533-272b-4f3b-8458-f43bad4db3e1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!
(initramfs)

More
03 Dec 2022 23:05 #258460 by Zefram
Greetings,

I have done a retrofit of an emco compact 5 cnc using Orange pi and this project. All is working well.I have the original tool changer working with linuxcnc, the spindle motor is also original and working with linuxcnc. 

I would like to ask if I can run two stepper motors wit 1/8 microstepping at the same time. will the orange pi handle that? Currently I have the Z motor on 1/8 and X on 1/2 but its resonating prety hard at low speeds so I want to microstep more but I worry about the performance.(Z 720mm/min and X is about 280mm/min (standard 200steps per rev stepper motors))

More
04 Dec 2022 00:16 #258466 by tommylight

ALERT! UUID=66266533-272b-4f3b-8458-f43bad4db3e1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

Something went wrong during installation, the above error means the /etc/fstab has another drive/partition listed as working drive.
You might try editing the /etc/fstab from Initramfs, not sure if that works, but it does need to find the ID of the existing drive with:
lsblk -O
Mind the last one, must be upper case o, not zero.

More
04 Dec 2022 05:05 #258478 by 109jb
Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that I did try editing both the /boot/armbianEnv.txt and /etc/fstab files to no avail. The UUID in both of those files matches the result of the 'blkid' or "lsblk -O" commands. There is only one UUID in each of those files and it is the same. I also tried generic on the attempted edits and replaced UUID=############### with /dev/sda1. still no boot. The message at failure changes to "ALERT! /dev/sda1 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!"

Still hoping for a solution.

More
04 Dec 2022 21:16 #258533 by 109jb
Did some more online research and on the Armbian forum there is talk about this problem occurring because of a switch from i2c to RSB. I'm not even sure if what they are talking about is related to my problem but it sounds like it could be. Frankly the discussion (link) and implementation of the patch (link) are above my head. It apparently rolls back from RSB to i2c. If anyone could point me in the right direction of implementing this patch, I would be more than willing to try to do it and report back.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds