Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
30 Jul 2023 21:40 #276583 by scotta

Hi Scott.

I have managed to upload the config file to the newly flashed EC500 board & am starting to play with it.
Looking at the hal show all (most) of the inputs seem to be inverted. Assuming this may just be a quirk I have gone into th econfig file & tried to invert some of the pins & this seem to have no effect. 

{
    "Thread": "Servo",
    "Type": "Digital Pin",
        "Comment":            "IN01",
        "Pin":                "P3_25",
        "Mode":                "Input",
        "Data Bit":            4,
        "Invert":            "true"
    },

I believe the upload is working as I get no errors....

(2:01:52pm)> python3 upload_config.py ec500-rt1052.txt 
Valid JSON config file, uploading to board
Config file length (words) = 1716
Config file length (bytes) = 6861
Remainder = 1
Padding added =  [0, 0, 0]
Config file length with padding (bytes) = 6864
CRC-32 = 0xbf67a0b8

And if I go through & toggle the inputs the red light on the board comes on & the yellow light in hal show turns red (deactivates)

Two questions
Should they be high by default.
Why does changing false to true in the config file have no effect.

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for reporting the error in the EC500 configuration file. I had the NVEM and EC300 correct. The JSON key words need to be as expected by the code. Capitalisation.
"Invert":            "True"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2023 21:45 #276584 by scotta

I would like to know the following, using the firmware for the "nvem" everything works perfectly, but I changed the processor, f207 to f407, I also changed the numbers of the timers " baseThread = new pruThread(TIM9, TIM1_BRK_TIM9_IRQn, base_freq);
//NVIC_SetVector(TIM1_BRK_TIM9_IRQn, (uint32_t)TIM9_IRQHandler);
NVIC_SetPriority(TIM1_BRK_TIM9_IRQn, 2);

servoThread = new pruThread(TIM10, TIM1_UP_TIM10_IRQn, servo_freq);
//NVIC_SetVector(TIM1_UP_TIM10_IRQn, (uint32_t)TIM10_IRQHandler);
NVIC_SetPriority(TIM1_UP_TIM10_IRQn, 3);

I did all the reconfiguration in the "timer.cpp" folder and also the clock reconfiguration, however the following is happening, when I use the firmware of the "nvem" itself with the reconfiguration, everything works perfectly, however when trying to do everything from scratch, that is create a new configuration, nothing works, do you need some version of " "Stm Cube IDE" to do that? I want to make a new configuration, that is to start so as not to use the firmware of the "nvem" itself, at the moment I am using this version "STM32CubeIDE

Version: 1.12.0.

For the STM32 version of the EC500, please refer to this repo.

github.com/scottalford75/Remora-EC500

More
31 Jul 2023 16:58 #276647 by raf1110
At this point bloody tftpy is the issue as seen before. Having to try all solution I am still unable to run upload_configuratiuon.py
I have new linuxcnc installation and clearly there is communication from pc to card to driver
Connections made as in
linuxcnc GUI error after move indicate "joint 0 error not followed...."
Don't know how to verify signals are correct on dir and pulse pins on each axis although led is changing on driver until error in gui.
Does this mean I have no config uploaded trying to run machine under pins not correctly conigured?

More
04 Aug 2023 05:23 #276854 by Dogmaphobic

I really think I should take down the stuff relating to the DAPlink. It's causing more issues then it solved.

CMSIS-DAP has been the most successful but converting an ST-Link is a pain.

There is a solution, a PicoProbe! Just tested and works out of the box with pyOCD.

pyocd remora-rt1052-1.0.0.bin --target mimxrt1050_quadspi

Brand new to LinuxCNC. Couldn't find any Mesa controller in stock and bumped into Scott's YouTube videos. Ordered an EC300, which arrived today. I didn't have any ST-Link but had a few RPI Pico boards so I gave it a try. Worked first time. Now I have a long and steep learning curve ahead on how to configure it all :P
~/Downloads ❯ pyocd flash ./remora-rt1052-1.1.0.bin --target mimxrt1050_quadspi 0000751 I Loading /xxx/xxx/Downloads/remora-rt1052-1.1.0.bin [load_cmd] 100% 0008795 I Erased 0 bytes (0 sectors), programmed 0 bytes (0 pages), skipped 321536 bytes (1256 pages) at 39.07 kB/s [loader]

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotta

More
04 Aug 2023 14:04 #276889 by Murphy
To invert a Pin. Do you change it in the config.txt and reload the board or is there a quicker way ?

More
04 Aug 2023 15:56 #276894 by raf1110
Have you managed to flash firmware with Pi?
Most peeps were on STlink.

More
04 Aug 2023 16:02 #276897 by Dogmaphobic

Have you managed to flash firmware with Pi?
Most peeps were on STlink.

Are you asking me? If so, yes. I did use a Raspberry PI Pico. I found this thread last week and I've been following it. I didn't have any ST-Link but I had a few RPI Pico boards. I found this Instructable  showing how to set it up as a DAPLink and then using pyocd to flash it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oficinerobotica

More
04 Aug 2023 16:03 - 04 Aug 2023 19:59 #276899 by raf1110
Can someone share working config.ini and friends for Linuxcnc (on PC)3axis+ 10V spindle + 3 *2 limits?
I am getting stuck somewhere between working 3axis steppers Nema23, Estop and missing spindle control in GUI but it seem to be enabling signal spindle, latency value update
This way I could work out my values and update them.
Last edit: 04 Aug 2023 19:59 by raf1110. Reason: request details

More
04 Aug 2023 19:50 #276930 by raf1110
Sorry missed that in msg above..my bad

More
05 Aug 2023 21:55 #277061 by scotta

To invert a Pin. Do you change it in the config.txt and reload the board or is there a quicker way ?

A quicker way is to use the inverted HAL pin. eg
remora.input.01.not
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murphy

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds