Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
21 Aug 2023 08:50 - 21 Aug 2023 10:28 #278595 by Eugene64
Last edit: 21 Aug 2023 10:28 by Eugene64.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2023 14:05 #278616 by cakeslob
It looks like an improvement thought? It doesnt seem to be over shooting position by as much.

To be honest, I also do not know a lot about the parameters. I cant see the numbers on screen very well, perhaps start with lowering the deadband to something like .01. It looks as though you are getting closer though.

Pgain - Proportional gain. Results in a contribution to the output that is the error multiplied by Pgain.

FF1 - First order feed-forward term. Produces a contribution to the output that is FF1 multiplied by the derivative of the commanded value. For position loops, the contribution is proportional to speed, and can be used to compensate for friction or motor CEMF. For velocity loops, it is proportional to acceleration and can compensate for inertia. In both cases, it can result in better tuning if used properly.

deadband - Defines a range of "acceptable" error. If the absolute value of error is less than deadband, it will be treated as if the error is zero. When using feedback devices such as encoders that are inherently quantized, the deadband should be set slightly more than one-half count, to prevent the control loop from hunting back and forth if the command is between two adjacent encoder values. When the absolute value of the error is greater than the deadband, the deadband value is subtracted from the error before performing the loop calculations, to prevent a step in the transfer function at the edge of the deadband. (See BUGS.)

forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ng-pid-and-ffn#14487

More
22 Aug 2023 18:17 #278728 by MotoMishka
The raspberry pi debug probe arrived and i was able to flash the board using pyocd. I tested both remora and original firmware. 
Now the adventure continues with HAL configs. 

Many thanks Scott! 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotta

More
25 Aug 2023 12:48 #278930 by Ray_TL00
Hello, I am a total newbie to Linux and linuxcnc and I know little about electronics and programming, even so, and I tried to read practically all of this topic, see the queries and answers, but it is quite extensive and I have questions. I hope the language is not a limit for me. Is this project fully finished yet? Is the connection of the stlink v2 to the board only made once to introduce the firmware or do you have to do it every time you want to change the configuration? Where should I start studying to at least be able to do the most basic?

More
25 Aug 2023 21:05 #278955 by scotta

Hello, I am a total newbie to Linux and linuxcnc and I know little about electronics and programming, even so, and I tried to read practically all of this topic, see the queries and answers, but it is quite extensive and I have questions. I hope the language is not a limit for me. Is this project fully finished yet? Is the connection of the stlink v2 to the board only made once to introduce the firmware or do you have to do it every time you want to change the configuration? Where should I start studying to at least be able to do the most basic?

Hi, welcome to LinuxCNC. There is a learning curve, which I'm sure the community here will be happy to help you.

Remora is an active project, with support / development ongoing for many different controller boards including the latest RT1052 Ethernet boards. So can't really call it a fully finished project, they never are.... 

The use of a CMSIS-DAP probe is only need when changing / updating the boards firmware. Configuration is performed by uploading via Ethernet.

What would you like to study, LinuxCNC or Remora setup?

More
27 Aug 2023 02:57 - 27 Aug 2023 06:06 #279066 by frayja2002
HI there.

Could someone please have a look at my setup here.
I am getting the dreaded joint following errors (My weed dealer is lost again) when jogging the x axis but not when jogging the others.
As far as I can see the x & y should be setup the same (except for the table size)

Can any one see why it should happen on the X but not on the Y or Z.
I should also mention that I am using Remora-rt1052 on an EC500. 

Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Aug 2023 06:06 by frayja2002.

More
27 Aug 2023 17:48 #279099 by Ray_TL00
I would like to study linuxcnc, I am referring specifically to the NVEM V2 card that I have and I could not connect it to the PC, so I want to pass the ramora firmware to operate it with Linux, and I was wondering what was the most basic where I should start to to be able to do that, thanks in advance for your answer

More
27 Aug 2023 21:55 #279117 by scotta

I would like to study linuxcnc, I am referring specifically to the NVEM V2 card that I have and I could not connect it to the PC, so I want to pass the ramora firmware to operate it with Linux, and I was wondering what was the most basic where I should start to to be able to do that, thanks in advance for your answer

This video would be a good starting point. It was for the previous version of the hardware (STM32) so the firmware flashing is different, but the remainder of the video should be helpful. 

More
27 Aug 2023 21:56 #279118 by scotta

HI there.

Could someone please have a look at my setup here.
I am getting the dreaded joint following errors (My weed dealer is lost again) when jogging the x axis but not when jogging the others.
As far as I can see the x & y should be setup the same (except for the table size)

Can any one see why it should happen on the X but not on the Y or Z.
I should also mention that I am using Remora-rt1052 on an EC500. 

Thanks

Possible to post your full config directory? 

More
28 Aug 2023 18:33 #279192 by frayja2002
Hi Scott 

I have deleted the qtvcp folder otherwise its too big (2.5Mb limit. Really?!?)

I have found that turning up the pgain on join 0 (X axis) to 100 enbled it to work up to the full 4.5 m/min.
I'm still not sure why the X is different to the other axis.

With the scale =550 & the max speed set to 4500 mm/min it seems I'm getting to the limit of the max steps that this box can put out (with this firmware)
Does that seem right according to you calculations.

Thanks for any insight 
Alex

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.757 seconds