Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
18 May 2023 23:06 #271633 by scotta
Looks like you are using an unmodified ST-Link that has not been reflashed as a CMSIS-DAP correct?

Also, I thought pyOCD needed python 3.7 or greater?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2023 21:32 - 31 May 2023 22:23 #272609 by rbobey1989
hello everyone here, first of all congratulate Scott again for his great work, I've been looking at some cheap boards on aliexpress for a few days, some time ago I had ordered some bluepill cards on aliexpress and to my surprise they arrived with a somewhat unknown chip CH32F103C8T6 (STM32 copy), after some research, not bad, the Chinese company that produces them WCH also produces other chips, one in particular that has caught my attention is the CH32V307, Device Features , especially built-in ethernet and they are 100 pin packaged, going back to aliexpress, we have some boards with this chip (ethernet, 80 pin gpio, 10 timers 4 general purpose can be used to interface encoders, 144 Mhz frequency, ) for 10 euros (version without built-in debugger with debugger 18 euros), I found them very interesting, especially for the cost!!!  I have read before that they are working to port remora to other architectures, I would like to try to port the remora project to these boards, we will see what happens, I leave the links for you to take a look.
Aliexpress Board

Last edit: 31 May 2023 22:23 by rbobey1989.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari

More
02 Jun 2023 02:38 #272669 by scotta

hello everyone here, first of all congratulate Scott again for his great work, I've been looking at some cheap boards on aliexpress for a few days, some time ago I had ordered some bluepill cards on aliexpress and to my surprise they arrived with a somewhat unknown chip CH32F103C8T6 (STM32 copy), after some research, not bad, the Chinese company that produces them WCH also produces other chips, one in particular that has caught my attention is the CH32V307, Device Features , especially built-in ethernet and they are 100 pin packaged, going back to aliexpress, we have some boards with this chip (ethernet, 80 pin gpio, 10 timers 4 general purpose can be used to interface encoders, 144 Mhz frequency, ) for 10 euros (version without built-in debugger with debugger 18 euros), I found them very interesting, especially for the cost!!! I have read before that they are working to port remora to other architectures, I would like to try to port the remora project to these boards, we will see what happens, I leave the links for you to take a look.
Aliexpress Board

Yes, a really interesting chip with integrated PHY, SDK and very good prices. I just ordered one of these kits (thanks to everyone who contribute to the GoFundMe).

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005021450761...eLogUid=uaetAnuca0fD

The examples look to have everything we need to port Remora to these boards including In Application Programming (IAP) over Ethernet. First RISC-V board to play with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari, tommylight

More
08 Jun 2023 13:56 #273174 by tuxcnc
I found several EC500 drivers on Aliexpress, from 3 to 6 axes, at various prices ...
Are there any differences in the hardware, or are they just uploading another firmware to demand less or more money?

The second question is, will this controller with Remora firmware serve the lathe encoder?

More
09 Jun 2023 23:39 #273253 by scotta
Hi, what we've learnt is that there seems to be no difference in hardware between the boards. They are limiting the number of axes in software. Great news is that Remora allows a "3 axis" board to have all 6 axes available.

Currently the firmware has the IO and analogue out working. I'm trying to get the C++ version of the firmware running on the board which would then allow the inputs to be configured for other functions like encoders (software counting). There is an existing Remora encoder module for the 3D printer boards which should just drop into the code once I figure out the Ethernet issues in the C++ version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Jun 2023 15:23 #273270 by rbobey1989
Hi guys, I just wanted to tell you that I have received my CH32V307-EVT board, these past few days I have been looking at some openWCH examples in their official github repository and I have seen that they use a non-opensource library for network control (WCHNET) , from Scott's previous developments I have seen that he uses (LWIP), I have also searched for information on how to port LWIP to WCH MCUs specifically to CH32V307 and mmmmmmm, I have not found much, although it would not be very difficult to do it through WCHNET since there are examples even for IAP, Scott if you have any thoughts on this on the way forward you would be welcome.

More
11 Jun 2023 00:13 #273306 by scotta
My CH32V307-EVT board also arrived on Friday. I haven't started to play with it yet.

Hmm, what are the rules about using closed source code in an open source project...?

Looks like someone has started a LWIP implementation.

github-com.translate.goog/smartmx/lwip-s...r_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

More
11 Jun 2023 00:39 #273307 by scotta
WCH looks to be sharing a LWIP example to members in their online forum. I've had no luck registering (with the help of Google Translate).

Any native Chinese LinuxCNC forum members willing to see if you could obtain a copy??

www.wch.cn/bbs/thread-91497-1.html

More
11 Jun 2023 11:48 #273327 by rbobey1989
I have managed to register in the forum www.wch.cn/bbs with the help of google translate and I have asked for a portability of LWIP without an operating system, from what I have read they usually respond by email, so let's wait for an answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scotta

More
12 Jun 2023 11:09 #273385 by xu
Replied by xu on topic Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board
你好 是要下载这个文件吗?
CH32V307 EVT:https://www.wch.cn/downloads/CH32V307EVT_ZIP.html

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds