Mesa Suppliers

More
27 Jul 2018 13:53 - 28 Jul 2019 21:23 #114946 by andypugh
Last edit: 28 Jul 2019 21:23 by andypugh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Juckix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2019 19:22 #140680 by Dinuka_Shehan
Replied by Dinuka_Shehan on topic Mesa Suppliers
Have you got any Asia suppliers?

More
24 Dec 2019 23:50 #153181 by Sneaky
Replied by Sneaky on topic Mesa Suppliers
Can't really find anywhere to give a shout out to a supplier but I would like to do so and this seems an appropriate place.

BigJohnT at Mesaus.com has recently walked my dumb arse through the board selection process answering all of my noob questions with great patience and knowledge.

As I am in Australia he went to great lengths to ensure I had the right card (7i96) on the way to me in very short time.
It arrived much sooner than I expected (and much faster than the stepper drivers which have only just arrived) and was packaged well enough to withstand a small nuclear blast.

Thanks John, motors are spinning, now to figure out E-Stop and Limit switch configuration :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT

More
31 Dec 2019 06:43 #153590 by kayaba
Replied by kayaba on topic Mesa Suppliers
Hi sneaky,what mesa board are you using?iam indonesian...
Very interesting with this board..

More
31 Dec 2019 07:02 #153591 by Sneaky
Replied by Sneaky on topic Mesa Suppliers
7i96 on my current project and I have just ordered a 7i76 for another project.

There's a learning curve for sure, but there is plenty of good information on here, once you get over a couple of WTF moments it all seems to come together (at least it did for me).

As others have said, the video below is recommended viewing, it helped me enormously.

More
02 Jan 2020 13:05 #153789 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Mesa Suppliers
I might add that mesaus.com/ ships world wide.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sneaky

More
11 Jan 2020 10:12 #154602 by steveinjava
Replied by steveinjava on topic Mesa Suppliers
I am a NOOB and this question will surely confirm it but do I really need to spend north of 200 dollars/euros for a card from Mesa (7i76e is what I had recommended to me)? Is there not a chinese card (maybe a cheeky copy) for half that? I ask as I am short of the readies for a Mesa card although I am sure they are worth it once you are serious about CNC. I am just learning at the moment but I do need a router to operate direct from the pc via gcode. Any advice (including go away and do some research) gratefully received.

More
11 Jan 2020 10:25 #154603 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Mesa Suppliers
First you won't find a copy mesa card. You could look at a mesa 7i96 or even a 7i92 with a bob connected.

There must be thousands of machines using just a simple PPort card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steveinjava

More
11 Jan 2020 13:17 - 11 Jan 2020 13:23 #154605 by steveinjava
Replied by steveinjava on topic Mesa Suppliers
So if I go the 7i96 with breakout board route (I am guessing the Mach3 bob I have would do?) what is the downside versus the 7i76e?
When you say just a PPort- is that an option with no mesa card at all? What functionality does that miss out on?
Despite my shortage of cash, I want to be able to fully control a 3 axis router via the console. Ideally, I would like the ability to go to 6D one day- if I have to buy a Mesa card I would prefer to just buy one and not have to buy a second later on.
As always, all advice is gratefully received.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 13:23 by steveinjava. Reason: Spelling mistake- don't want to look any more stupid than I already do!

More
11 Jan 2020 14:13 #154609 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa Suppliers

So if I go the 7i96 with breakout board route (I am guessing the Mach3 bob I have would do?) what is the downside versus the 7i76e?
When you say just a PPort- is that an option with no mesa card at all? What functionality does that miss out on?
Despite my shortage of cash, I want to be able to fully control a 3 axis router

It is perfectly possible to control a 3-axis router with just your Mach3 BOB and the parallel port.

You might find that you can't read encoder fast enough for a high-count spindle encoder, and you might need to lower the microstep ratio to get the required axis speeds at the available pulse rate. (p-port can pulse at about 25kHz, typically. Mesa card at 10MHz)

You should probably configure the machine with what you have now. You will then have a better idea what you really need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steveinjava

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds