Roland mdx-650a question

More
06 Nov 2014 08:50 #52843 by ducatidragon916
yes i have the factory wiring schematics...I tried that solenoid thingy and it appears to be in tolerance from the instructional information on setting up the 1mm tolerance etc. yesi can turn the z axis either way etc...here is some photos of the spindle motor....

Thanks,

George
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2014 08:56 #52844 by ducatidragon916
Also want to add that when I push the RCML or NC code button when the fault occurs a very slight motor clunk sounds appears on the z axis or x axis etc.. Knowing this is why I swapped the servos from the X and Y axis to eliminate those servos in trouble shooting...

More
06 Nov 2014 09:05 #52846 by nick gill
Replied by nick gill on topic Roland mdx-650a question
And selecting RML mode still causes the issue?

What about the axis limit micro switches on the chassis. Have you tested them independently?

That spindle motor is still available from Roland. It is still used on the 540 series.

More
06 Nov 2014 09:10 #52847 by ducatidragon916
Yes either selection yields same response... I already checked all the limit sensors(switches) and they are all functioning properly. I want to possibly beef the spindle motor up. When you mentioned to disconnect the spindle motor which plugs were you referring to?

More
06 Nov 2014 09:23 #52848 by nick gill
When does the spindle enclosure cooling fan run on the 500? All the time or just when the spindle is running? On my 650 the fan runs from the time the machine is turned on.

Choosing the command mode, RML or NC first releases the Z axis brake with a 'tick' sound. Z will home first.
Then the other axes begin to home. Each of the three axis will home until it triggers its limit stop, resetting the machine's internal co-ordinate zeroes (and introducing slight errors!), before advancing the axes a little so they are no longer on the limits any more. The machine is then ready. The co-ordinate system on the screen are just the user co-ordinates. The real datums are taken from the limit micro-switches. X + Y axis will home at their own speed. The closest X + Y axis to a home switch will home first.

If your microswitch is not functioning, the axis will home until it collides with the chassis, giving you a Motor Lock error, which just means the Z-brake is on and spindle is stopped.

Maybe remove the solenoid brake from the Z axis but you can leave it wired in. With the machine off manually push the XYZ axes to somewhere away from the limits toward the middle. You may have to hold the Z by hand to stop it from dropping all the way down. Attempt to start the machine and see how it finds the home position.

More
06 Nov 2014 09:24 #52849 by nick gill
the rainbow coloured ribbon coming out of the spindle motor. Try disconnceting it

More
06 Nov 2014 09:36 #52850 by ducatidragon916
okay I disconnected the ribbon color cable and nothing changed so i reconnected it back to the spindle motor. I then removed the solenoid brake and stared the unit but same motor lock error occured. all of the positions are pretty much in neutral position so it has not triggered any switches nor is bumping into anything to give the motor stop error to occur.... yes the cooling fan does run on the spindle when the spindle is operating.

More
06 Nov 2014 10:00 #52851 by nick gill

yes the cooling fan does run on the spindle when the spindle is operating.

Only when spindle is running, or all the time machine is on?

Your firmware can be upgraded with the machine not functioning?

Have you got the correct spindle type selected? ZS500SH ?
You would be able to upgrade to the high torque spindle block. If you do the firmware upgrade too that has the spindles listed.

So LED5 is Spindle motor on my info too..
Attachments:

More
06 Nov 2014 10:06 #52852 by ducatidragon916
is your information on a 650... blinking does this mean an error or the board is waiting for the next step on the z axis pulling up etc.? the lock up is the main problem and the fact that the indiction on the lcd screen says the XY but the z does not move....i know that the z axis needs to move before anything else starts moving and maybe this unit errors on the XY even though the Z axis might have a problem? I am wondering if I should take the z axis servo and swap with the Y servo to check and see if this might be happening....Your thoughts.....

More
06 Nov 2014 10:15 #52853 by ducatidragon916
the spindle is correct and has been since he time I owned the machine etc. only when The spindle is running does the fan turn on etc... the other fans for the cooling of motherboard of course runs when turned on etc. the firmware was upgraded when I purchased the machine back in 2006....

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds