Light Machine Corp. Benchman XTr (retrofit)

More
01 Feb 2017 01:37 #87110 by MacGalempsy
Anyone with the ATC know how to adjust the actuators on the turret? When I open the solenoid the turret comes crashing down. It is empty, so I don't even want to try dropping it with tools in there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2017 10:58 #87118 by andypugh
Is it all-air, or air-over-oil? If the latter, is there oil?

More
01 Feb 2017 13:05 #87122 by x-Intelitek Engineer
It is all air.
There should be a small thumbscrew where the air line attaches to the cylinder that can be used to adjust the rate. You should be able to slow it down with these.
Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacGalempsy

More
01 Feb 2017 15:41 #87125 by MacGalempsy
I can limit the lifting with the top thumbscrew, with in being air off. However, turning the lower thumbscrew in does not retard the rate at which the turret drops. My conclusions are that 1) the lower port needs to be replaced or 2) the hydraulic strut is bad. Don, what do you think?

More
01 Feb 2017 16:08 #87127 by x-Intelitek Engineer
Because of the effects of gravity and the weight of the platter assembly, we needed a large spring assist to the ATC assembly. It looks like what is on your car hatchback and serves the same purpose. Is yours connected on both ends?
I'm sorry I don't have any photos to help clarify.
Don

More
01 Feb 2017 16:24 #87128 by TGTROPIC
Mac and Don we have replaced these a time or 2 on our machines as well. can possibly find a replacement at the auto parts store or truck bed cap installer. the exact replacement for ours came from a boat supply. I had a fun time convincing accounting it was for a milling machine and not my boat.

More
01 Feb 2017 16:43 #87129 by MacGalempsy
any ideas on a make and part number?

More
01 Feb 2017 17:09 #87130 by x-Intelitek Engineer
If I recall correctly, we went through several manufacturers/suppliers while I was there.
You could call tech support and see if they have any or if they can give you the length, diameter, and strength with which to look elsewhere.
Don

More
01 Feb 2017 17:11 #87131 by TGTROPIC
It has been a few years since we purchased and I do not have the contact.
I have an old one here that says SpringLift gas springs Attwood Corp Lowell Mi 49331
the numbers on the side are
0206CC 0267N 176/04 A 5
SL36-60-1

More
01 Feb 2017 22:31 #87137 by MacGalempsy
Thanks a bunch TGTROPIC. After a quick review of the Attwood online catalog, the only gas strut they had with a similar number was SL36-60-5. A call to the help line revealed that it is the same strut as you listed above, and the -5 indicates the item is individually packaged for retail. As of today, the price with shipping was $23.18.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds