Light Machine Corp. Benchman XTr (retrofit)

More
17 Jan 2017 14:43 #85926 by TGTROPIC
Hello X...I could REALLY use your expertise and have attached a file containing all of my board discussion since joining on 12/10/16 to help save you the trouble of flipping through several pages. I am hopeful that you can offer some additional troubleshooting help.
THANKS in ADVANCE for your help.

File Attachment:

File Name: BenchmasLi...sion.doc
File Size:26 KB

TG
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2017 14:57 #85930 by x-Intelitek Engineer
TG,

Give me a little time. (a day or two at the most). I will look back through my stuff, but I seem to remember seeing this error in the factory. We should be able to get you up and running. I could work on it right now, but my current employer might not be so happy!

Don

More
17 Jan 2017 16:04 #85938 by TGTROPIC
Not a problem Don as I assumed you had a different employer now. Also, we have been down for several months and so have learned some patience. Fortunately, we have 2 other XTs that we have kept running. The guys at Intelitek have really tried as much as they can to help but think they have lost the resident knowledge base and they just don't have the time to work on things that no longer make them money. Shame they dropped the XT...there is a real market for this type product.
Thanks again for your assistance.
TG

More
17 Jan 2017 16:14 #85940 by TGTROPIC
Andy, let me know if you need for X-intelitek Engineer and I to take our trouble shooting of my machine off line from this retrofit forum. Some of the info may be useful for others but could get to be a bunch of noise also and do not want to clutter up the discussion for others.
TG

More
17 Jan 2017 17:26 #85964 by x-Intelitek Engineer
TG, can you please post a photo of the inside of the control box on the back of the machine? I need to see the version of the machine, control board configuration, speed control, etc.
Thanks
Don

More
17 Jan 2017 18:14 - 17 Jan 2017 19:12 #85972 by TGTROPIC
Don,
Hope all will come through since I do not know the file size limits of the forum.
S ince you are familiar with the machine, there will be no explanations, just let me know what needs to be clarified.
TG
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2017 19:12 by TGTROPIC.

More
17 Jan 2017 18:55 #85976 by MacGalempsy
Don,
I see you have already gotten bombed with questions, so here is another one. The Benchman XT was listed at 200ipm in the factory settings. On you tube, there is a guy on there who is running his at 300ipm. Did you guys ever do any testing to see the max ipm? If so, is it safe to try and bump it up to say 500ipm or 800ipm? What are the controlling factors?
Thanks,
Mac

More
17 Jan 2017 19:03 #85977 by x-Intelitek Engineer
Mac,
The controlling factor is the size of the move. The moves are trapezoidal in nature. In other words, a constant ramp up to speed, a time at speed, and then a ramp back down to 0 speed. There just isn't room/time to get the speed up that high. By the time you get the speed up that high, there isn't room to decelerate without running into the end stop. There are parameters in one if the .ini files that set the acceleration, but we found that setting these too high, produced an inordinate amount of heat on the ballscrews which will eventually lead to failure of the nut. If you want to get the maximum life, I wouldn't go above 200ipm. It'll run at 300, but it won't last as long, and replacing a ballscrew and/or nut is very difficult and would require a re-laser-ing for the compensation table.
Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacGalempsy

More
17 Jan 2017 19:07 #85978 by x-Intelitek Engineer
TG,
That is the speed control I was expecting to see. Can you also provide an overall view of your backpack layout? I remember that the speed control is in an external box above the backpack, but what I am concerned with is the PCB stackup/layout inside the electrical box. Specifically is it a single board system or are there two boards stacked one-on-top-of another? My thinking at this point is that we are getting an undesired spindle fault and that is causing all your problems. Once I see your configuration, we can begin.
Don

More
17 Jan 2017 19:18 #85980 by TGTROPIC
having trouble uploading the other JPGs for some reason

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds