Light Machine Corp. Benchman XTr (retrofit)

More
15 Feb 2017 19:33 #88012 by x-Intelitek Engineer
Steve,
Your logic is sound. Do you know what the gear ratios are in your spindle head?
Is it appropriate to get to 5K rpm?
I will see if I can dig up more info on the LD motor.
Don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2017 18:24 #90224 by x-Intelitek Engineer
Sorry, I've been the rounds with Electrocraft and Allen-Bradley/Rockwell to no avail. Electrocraft says they sold the line to Rockwell. Rockwell has no knowledge of this part. I guess I can't help on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: genixia

More
31 May 2017 21:44 #93907 by genixia
I just picked up one of these machines with the 45k ISO10 ATC spindle. I'm watching this thread with a view to eventual conversion - I managed to get one with its PC and controller card so I'm going to start there.

I can't find much information on the spindle, it would be useful to know what I can expect to get out of it at slower speeds. It was rebuilt a couple of years ago, and the rebuilder noted that it was 43800rpm @730Hz. The VFD (EMS/Saftronics/Yaskawa VG5 model CIMR-G5U22P2-1F) installation and quick start guide suggest its max frequency is 400Hz, so that's a little confusing.

I don't have it under power yet, so I can't go and look at the VFD parameters until I run a 220V 20A circuit..

Don, what can you remember about that spindle? What rpm does it start developing max HP?

More
01 Jun 2017 12:32 #93923 by x-Intelitek Engineer
The spindle has 0 (zero) torque below 15K RPM. It might spin, but not be useful.
We warm the spindle up at 15K. The exact power curve, I do not recall or have data for.
If I recall correctly, I think we had the 45K spindles made by GTI in Manchester, NH.

The VFD we used has upgraded firmware which allowed it to go to 750Hz.
That PC and controller card are valuable, so don't let them disappear.
I have all the technical details for the VFD (Technical manual, Users Manual, and setup parameters), but I do not know how to attach .PDFs to this forum.

More
01 Jun 2017 12:40 #93925 by x-Intelitek Engineer
OOPS

The 45K spindles were manufactured by Centerline, we had GTI as our local repair shop.

More
01 Jun 2017 12:52 #93926 by Todd Zuercher

I have all the technical details for the VFD (Technical manual, Users Manual, and setup parameters), but I do not know how to attach .PDFs to this forum.

If instead of clicking on "Quick Reply", you click Actions/Reply (or Quote). There is then an attachements button under the text entry box where files can be attached.
The following user(s) said Thank You: x-Intelitek Engineer

More
01 Jun 2017 14:38 #93941 by x-Intelitek Engineer
The files exceed the maximum size allowed by several multiples. (>6MB)
Are there other options?

More
01 Jun 2017 14:47 #93942 by tommylight
Compressing them might help, and they can be split in parts when compressing .

More
01 Jun 2017 14:59 - 01 Jun 2017 15:04 #93945 by Todd Zuercher
If the files are too large, you will have to find another site to host it and then post a link. Such as perhaps dropbox.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2017 15:04 by Todd Zuercher.

More
01 Jun 2017 15:24 #93950 by x-Intelitek Engineer
Let's try this
Users Manual and Technical Manual are attached

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, genixia

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds