Gmocappy question and idea about custom screen

More
04 Apr 2018 08:52 #108363 by Grotius
Hi Norbert,

The issue is that the modbus only works with startin linuxcnc with sudo.

I read somewhere on the internet is can be that portadresses below 4000 need sudo account. But i am not sure about this.

It would be great if modbus is working without sudo. The modbus rtu mode is very nice to use.

Norbert, thanks for your advice.
Take your time if you want to write some code. For now its working good on my test system. Later this week i will buy a festo modbuss air regulator and a modbuss device for reading actual torch voltage in combination with voltage divider 1:50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2018 18:50 #108394 by Grotius
I mentioned a nice thing in superuser mode.

You don't have to home linuxcnc any more after startup to begin jogging.

More
04 Apr 2018 18:56 #108395 by newbynobi
Are your user menber of the groups "dialout" and "plufgdev"?

Norbert

More
04 Apr 2018 19:03 - 04 Apr 2018 19:33 #108396 by Grotius
Hi Norbert,

I had to google your questions :
dialout: Full and direct access to serial ports. Members of this group can reconfigure the modem, dial anywhere, etc.
plugdev: Allows members to mount (only with the options nodev and nosuid, for security reasons) and umount removable devices through pmount.

No not that i know.
I have standard installation's running with only one account or login.
When i want to change, i plug in other hard disk cable, and run the pc. So simple as can be.

- linuxcnc install cd
- ubuntu install cd

I know you have a server option for Gmocappy to see who is using the Gmocappy program i think.
Maybe you can see something in my pc related to Gmocappy?
What i know is that my internet connection can be monitored by military for security reason's.

The ubuntu install is the best. Here the touch screen is working and also the modbus is working.
On the linuxcnc install cd things get difficult if you want to go to higher level. Updating dependecies is very difficult.
Some libraries are unfindable.
Last edit: 04 Apr 2018 19:33 by Grotius.

More
04 Apr 2018 20:53 #108406 by newbynobi
You need to be member of both groups to be able to run pymodbus as rtu!

I do not have a server build in gmoccapy, if i need to check out stuff on others users pc, i use teamviewer.

Norbert

More
06 Apr 2018 00:06 - 06 Apr 2018 01:24 #108473 by Grotius
@Project update :

Tonight i have made most button's working.
I have to implement some code for the separation of manual, mdi and auto mode button's to avoid overloading and protect
the system for error's coming out of clicking on every button multiple times. I know customer's will do this.

Linuxcnc is only working fail safe if you seperate this function's. Gmocappy has solved this to use switch screen's in combination
with some smart code. B)

I will give it a try !
There are plenty examples how to do that, but if you start with linux one year ago. Now is the time to expand some features.

I know the led's are very ugly. But the speedcontrol widget color changing give's error's while executing linuxcnc.
The error is : bad drawable pixmap.... or something like that.
For this moment the led's are the fastest solution.

Looking for nice text editor's.... I just want you let this know.
It would also be nice if the professional editor's are usable within this forum.
Maybe update the forum format.
Stani's text editor, nice to use and also you can test the code.

Gedit text editor, also nice to use. I learned this from John Thornton's examples.

I saw this one :
a perdect Modbus device for plasma macines !
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2018 01:24 by Grotius.

More
06 Apr 2018 09:33 #108486 by rodw
I am getting confused with all of the changing hats in this thread!

Try Geany text editor. Much nicer than gedit.

More
20 Apr 2018 00:07 - 20 Apr 2018 00:15 #109320 by Grotius
Hi Rodw,

I like gedit.

I have a project update. I have made several install's off ubuntu, linux mint and debian just too see the difference in distribution's.

Last week i was fighting to learn how to make a install file of the kernel's and linuxcnc in .deb format. Also the glade program was not complete working, now i solved this issue's, i think.

I think i go for ubuntu 16.04.04.

The plan now is to make a full ubuntu install with all the benefit's and then try to clone the disk.
I have seen a linux distribution specially for cloning. So i can try this out.

Last edit: 20 Apr 2018 00:15 by Grotius.

More
20 Apr 2018 00:22 #109321 by rodw
Sounds great. You should be aware that there are some licensing issues within the open source movement to consider before you make a an .ISO publically available. I know that has been a problem for LinuxCNC and I think why they can't use Mint.

You would also need to be able to provide all of your source code in line with the open source movement.

But if you were sharing with your customers, I don't think it would be a problem.

Google says there are quite a few sites that tell you how to build a distribution ISO.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds