Gcode sharing folder ( Debian / Windows 7)

More
27 May 2018 16:53 #111192 by allenwg2005
Ozz,

I'll set that up now, thanks for all your help.

Andy,

Thanks for your response.
Something just occurred to me and you might be a good person to ask.

My original intension was to save all my .ngc files from Fusion 360 to a folder on Dropbox, I could then access them from LinuxCNC and run those files there. They would be saved, safe, and accessible at Dropbox.
With this Debian/Dropbox issue where they don't play well in the sandbox together that is not going to work.

However:
If I save my post files (.ngc) to the cloud at Fusion 360, can I get to them from LinuxCNC file picker somehow?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2018 21:24 #111198 by rodw
Consider adding a NAS to your network. My Synology NAS supports syncing with DropBox and Google Drive so I let it do the heavy lifting for me and has not missed a beat since I installed it 8 years ago. Then you just need to connect to the NAS via the network.

More
27 May 2018 23:42 - 27 May 2018 23:43 #111204 by andypugh

If I save my post files (.ngc) to the cloud at Fusion 360, can I get to them from LinuxCNC file picker somehow?

I just save from Fusion directly into the NC-files folder of the machine that is going to make the part. The .ngc files do not need to go via the Cloud.

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 May 2018 23:43 by andypugh.

More
28 May 2018 01:28 - 28 May 2018 11:31 #111206 by InMyDarkestHour
Ok I got dropbox to install.

First I started with a clean install of linuxcnc from the official iso.

Open a terminal

1: Update apt:
sudo apt-get update

2: Update wheezy packages:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

3: Add dropbox to sources.
a: run mousepad as root with following command:
gksudo mouspad
b: add the line as follows (with carriage return at end ie press return): deb linux.dropbox.com/debian wheezy main
c: save as /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dropbox.list

4: Import key
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1C61A2656FB57B7E4DE0F4C1FC918B335044912E

5: Update apt:
sudo apt-get update

6: Install python-gpgme & dropbox installer
sudo apt-get install python-gpgme dropbox

7: Start the dropbox installer from Application-Menu > Internet -Dropbox

8: Just follow the prompts and off you go. Pressing OK will download and install the dropbox daemon.

I don't have a dropbox account (it's deactivated) so haven't done any full testing but hopefully this should get you to point where you can at least install drop box and start cooking with gas.
Account is going again, two files synced to my computer from dropbox.

Uploaded file via web interface, was synced and placed in dropbox folder when starting up......So I guess it works. Haven't really put drop box to use all that much.
Last edit: 28 May 2018 11:31 by InMyDarkestHour.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds