BOXFORD 125 TLC Tool Changer Setup

More
16 Apr 2019 14:49 #130982 by pl7i92
with the carusell component y0u woudt be better up
as it has all inside what you need as the image post 1 shows

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2019 16:52 #130986 by garulus
Hi mate! No I haven’t! If you help me to make it work, I’ll give you my first born child!
Hope the process is simple, coz I’m.... :D

More
16 Apr 2019 20:49 #131003 by andypugh
I added features to Carousel last summer for the changer on a Denford Orac. It should work for most of that style now.

More
16 Apr 2019 21:56 #131009 by fieldofcows
Just reviewed those changes to the carousel and this would definitely be the way forward for @garulus to get this working. I'm tempted to update my configuration but it's working at the moment and I am just about to put the lathe up for sale so I might just leave it alone.

@garulus - I can't remember exactly how I solved it myself but I do have the configuration saved so can take a look to remind myself and either help you set it up the same way as me or using the changes to the carousel code that andypugh made.

More
17 Apr 2019 17:39 #131063 by garulus
Unfortunately I’m not programmer, so it will not help me. But if I may ask...would you be so kind and post your config files(folder)?

More
20 Apr 2019 22:30 #131333 by andypugh
You don't need to be a programmer. You can download the new version of carousel.comp at this link

Save that file somewhere on your PC, then run
sudo halcompile --install carousel.comp
from the folder where you saved the file, and your carousel.comp will be the new version.

More
21 Aug 2020 22:40 #178963 by deanforbes
The BOXFORD 125 TLC Tool Changer

1) Does not have any feed back what so ever as to the tool selected or an index position
2) Is driven by a stepper motor
3) Is mechanically similar to the orac as in it moves in one direction and then the other to lock against a pawl

- Has anyone set one of these up with the current version of carousel.comp - is this the correct component to be using?

- As it does not know which tool is selected I assume you would change the tool till you were at a predefined tool and then "home" it at this point - how have others addressed this problem ?

More
21 Aug 2020 22:55 #178966 by andypugh

1) Does not have any feed back what so ever as to the tool selected or an index position

Are you sure that there is no feedback? Could some be added?

carousel might be the correct component. I am committed to making it work with (nearly) all common toolchangers.

But if the TLC really does just pulse a fixed number of steps forwards then reverses to stall then maybe carousel is too capable (it mainly aims to cover all the feedback types)

A custom component to drive this feels like an easy job. But adding two sensors seems like a better plan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deanforbes

More
22 Aug 2020 06:42 - 22 Aug 2020 06:43 #178979 by deanforbes
I am sure that it does not have any feed back - which is I agree not the ideal way to go

The 125 and 160 have the same turret (I believe) :-)

www.boxford-software.com/spares/160Turret3.html
www.boxford-software.com/spares/160menu.html
Last edit: 22 Aug 2020 06:43 by deanforbes.

More
22 Aug 2020 08:29 #178983 by Clive S
I am about to do one of these, so will be watching with interest. :)

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds