Please Help - How to Configure a 5 Axis Head-Head

More
01 Aug 2023 10:08 #276687 by Aciera
My kinematic does not take a parameter 'coordinates=' and you need the hal connections for the kinematic.
Also since we are not working with the 'bridgemill' config anymore,  we need to set up the switchable kinematic feature and the remap codes to switch from one kinematic to another.

1. Replace your ini file with the modified version from the attached folder to your config:

2. Go to '~/linuxcnc/spindle-rotary_tilting/'  and copy the folder 'remap_subs'  with contents  into  the config folder of your machine.

3. Place the files 'pyvcp_postgui.hal', 'postgui_call_list.hal' and 'pyvcp_panel.xml'  from the attached folder into your machine config folder

Since there are likely going to be a bunch of bugs in all this I would recommend to start the config using the terminal (as described in a post furter up) because it sometimes provides more information.

I'm sure theres more to it then just switching the kins file name, but I am going to add a picture of the error code anyway

There sure is
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2023 10:39 #276688 by Aciera

The screen resolution is 1366 x 768.

Should work, try the attached sim config (no need to reinstall the kinematics). Or just replace the files 'xyzab-srt.xml' and 'xyzab-str_postgui.hal' in your existing 'spindle-rotary-tilting' sim config.

Yess I've heard of what you are talking about, there is an option for tilted workplane in most post processors.  So, it seems like this configuration that you are making right now can work purely as TCP or can work with the tilted workplane output (which I would assume TOOL is more your 3+2 kind of machining vs full 5 axis?).

Yes, TCP has been available for a while in LinuxCNC while the tool kinematic is new (at least as far as I'm aware). And yes, the tool kinematic is mostly interesting for 3+2 operations on machines with tool side rotations (ie head rotations) because on machines with work side rotation (eg table rotary tilt) tilted workplane functionality is trivial.

So in theory, this machine could work with either type of post processor.

'Tilted Work Plane' functionality is not implemented yet (ie the required set of Gcode is missing in LinuxCNC) but )the Tool kinematic is still useful for retracting a tool from a bore or even programming operations directly on the machine (ie if you can figure out the rotation angles of the head without a CAM).

I see the code.  So TCP and TOOL are using Machine code.  M428 and M430 respectively?

Yes the Switchable Kinematic feature uses Mcodes 428,429 and 430 to switch between kinematics

Nutating is where one of the axis is tilted at 45 degrees?

Yes. I gather that there are machines with different angles as well. 
Attachments:

More
01 Aug 2023 18:17 - 01 Aug 2023 18:18 #276718 by IronManDylan
Okay I tried replacing the the .xml and postgui files on your config.  The c axis rotary offset thing is gone and I can def see more of the axis gui it seems, but not all of it, which is weird, seems like I should just be able to drag a window up to be shorter or something...

I did everything you said to do with my config and have attached all the debug file that showed up when I tried to launch.  These are debug files from terminal as well as I tried to launch normally.  I noticed that in the .ini under [EMC] the machine is set to "test2".  I am not using test2 anymore, should I replace this with the name of my new machine (hackbot_srt)?

Nutating: yes I've been curious about those lately and have been studying how Mori makes their's since they provide a lot of data on that.  Their's are usually set to 50-55 degrees so that you can rotate under for undercuts. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Aug 2023 18:18 by IronManDylan.

More
01 Aug 2023 18:33 #276720 by IronManDylan
I switched test2 to hackbot_srt (there were two location) and now I am getting a different error. 
Attachments:

More
01 Aug 2023 18:43 - 01 Aug 2023 18:51 #276721 by IronManDylan
I tried copying and pasting xyzab-srt-gui.py into my config file and got the following error.  Also, vismach tried to start up during start up, which I don't think is what we want is it? I removed the file..

edit: I searched through all the files and do not see a "inihal" anywhere, perhaps this error is coming from the kins file? 
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Aug 2023 18:51 by IronManDylan.

More
01 Aug 2023 18:51 #276722 by Aciera
Can you please compress your current machine config folder and post it here?

Do you want the vismach simulation or not?
Because if you don't then there are hal connections we need to remove otherwise there are going to be a bunch of errors about missing pins.

More
01 Aug 2023 19:10 #276723 by IronManDylan
I don't much care either way.  I think vismach is kind of cool looking, but I tend to think I would probably just extend axis gui to take up the full screen. Also, vismach may increase jitter a little no?
Attachments:

More
01 Aug 2023 19:29 #276725 by Aciera
So, I removed the vismach simulation and fixed a bug in the ini. Please replace your current config with the one attached, give it a try and report  back.
Attachments:

More
01 Aug 2023 19:47 - 01 Aug 2023 19:53 #276729 by IronManDylan
Okay did that.  Here is the debug info from that run

edit: weird that it say that file pyvcp_panel.xml is not found because it is in there

edit2: oh wait, thats a typo, it says "pyvcvp_panel.html" not found
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Aug 2023 19:53 by IronManDylan.

More
01 Aug 2023 19:57 #276730 by IronManDylan
It looks like that typo is in /usi/lib/python3.11/xml/dom/expatbuilder.py .  I am not sure where that is. 

Time to create page: 0.667 seconds