Time to setup my lathe with 7i76e

More
30 Dec 2017 21:35 #103876 by tecno
This is a way to use the lathe *manually*, have not tried this yet but others have so it is easy to change later if too many steps. Lathe is another beast as regards MPG.

In Mach there is a possibility to go from steps to continuous by increasing MPG rotation speed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2017 10:18 #103891 by tecno

Not good to draw when you are having kidney stone problems....... (now one big saw light one hour ago - YEYYY)

You are right = field power is correct. Wlll redraw schematics tomorrow.

Here a picture of the bastard that has been my tormentor for a couple of months.

Attachments:

More
31 Dec 2017 16:41 #103902 by tecno

Not good to draw when you are having kidney stone problems....... (now one big saw light one hour ago - YEYYY)

You are right = field power is correct. Wlll redraw schematics tomorrow.

Here the correct schematics

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
01 Jan 2018 15:18 #103924 by RotarySMP
You poor bastard. I had a kidney stone this time last year. Bloody aweful experience. Hope that is the last.

Too all of you. Drink heaps.
Mark

More
01 Jan 2018 16:46 #103930 by tecno

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Looks like I have a problem with cable I selected to use, need 9 wires and have only 8 = CAT6

Question: Is the MPG GND to be separated from Field Power GND or can it be shared?

/Bengt
Attachments:

More
01 Jan 2018 16:58 #103931 by rodw
I think I've got this right. Its been a while.

Field power ground and 5v ground are isolated if you have an external 5 volt power source connected to the board. But to use your encoders, its OK (and necessary) to tie the grounds together. This was required to get my MPG running and confirmed by PCW.

If you rely on the 7i76e on board regulator for 5v power, the grounds are tied together.

More
01 Jan 2018 17:14 #103933 by tecno
Thanks Rod, I do believe I have read this before so that is a relief as regards the cable I have managed to get installed.

Planning the mechanical of the MPG install, some sheet metal work and some turning as I want to enlarge the MPG wheels from Ø60 to Ø120mm. Will turn these from aluminium I have, push on type locked with setscrew.

More
21 Feb 2018 18:30 #106279 by tecno
Decided to go easier route and placing a box with encoder wheels and 5 pos switch.

Simplified to 5 way = 0.001 - 0.01 - 0.1 - 1 - 2

Hopefully I will have this ready tomorrow.
Attachments:

More
21 Feb 2018 19:00 #106280 by Mike_Eitel
One quick tought.

I dislike your switch in the supply. In the moment you switch on you might already generate a signal. Better you leave them in stable status and do a switch in the software. You could use tying your analog to 0 V as signal for that. So you have only a small cable changing and a additional scaling with 0

Mike

More
21 Feb 2018 19:20 #106282 by tecno
Hmmm I am not sure I follow what you mean Mike.

Are you suggesting replace my steps to 0x - 0.001 - 0.01 - 0.1 - 1 for analog insuring no movement when powering 5VDC to MPG's?

Bengt

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds