Joining two motors

More
15 Aug 2020 14:38 #178286 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic 2 motors on one axis

So please forgive my difficulty. I’m not trying to make this frustrating to you.

Just make sure that the home all the figures are very low when you first try it then when you are happy you can increase them.
With the gantry it would be good if you could uncouple the motosr from the screw to make sure that they are both going to move the gantry in the same direction for the first test. Also keep your finger over the escape key as that should instantly stop motion when testing
Ok here is an extract from one of my machines ini file

# final home position machine-unit/sec
HOME = -20
# (this is homing sequence ie. 0 is first then 1 etc
# if any are the same number they will home at the same time)
# ( For gantry squaring they NEED to be both the SAME number and -ve )
HOME_SEQUENCE = -2

# use this to square the gantry
HOME_OFFSET = 0

# machine-units per sec (change the signs for the search dir)
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 40
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -2
HOME_FINAL_VEL = 50

HOME_SEQUENCE = -2
HOME_USE_INDEX = False
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = True

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2020 15:04 - 15 Aug 2020 15:05 #178294 by Aldenflorio
Replied by Aldenflorio on topic 2 motors on one axis
My response to Todd Z.
I think this is a great idea. Im just trying to accurately set up my homing now. so here is what i have to ensure we are all on the same page. I have plasma table, therefor i have an x axis, a y axis, and a z axis. The x axis has two limit switches

( www.amazon.com/URBESTAC-Momentary-Hinge-...id=1597499809&sr=8-3 not the exact but similar),

then the y has four limit switches on each corner

( usa.banggood.com/5pcs-AC-250V-5A-Adjusta...rch&cur_warehouse=CN )

then there is the z axis, the z axis uses the same switches as the x axis. But for the z axis it has one limit switch that is used on the floating head. so from my understanding the z axis will only use soft limits.

I want to use these limit switches to home the machine.I dont really care where final home is but ill probably put it right near the max on both sides. I want Z homed, then X homes, then Y homes. so from what i read Z=0, X=1, Y=-2, Yt=-2. I dont have any hard limits. i want to be able to jog the axis after homing.

Here is what i understand.
Home Search Velocity: how fast it goes to the limit switches when they are being uses for homing (determined by a negative sign).
Home Latch Velocity: How fast and what direction it goes to the offset (determined by a negative sign)
Home Final Velocity: The speed at which it moves when after it hit the limit switches to home (determined by a negative sign)
Home Ignore Limits: I believe this allows me to use my limit switches as homing switches (or whatever its called) to home the machine. This specifies if want the limit switches to become limit switches after they fulfill their role as homing switches.
Home Offset: The length it moves after hitting the limit switches im using for homing. used for squaring gantry
Home: Amount that is moves to reach the final resting place of the gantry (direction determined by a negative sign)
Home Is Shared: I think this makes the distinction as to if im using the limit switches as also homes
Home Sequence: Z=0, X=1, Y=-2, Yt=-2 (whats the difference if its Y=2, Y=2?)

These are what pertain to me I believe. some are number values and i can figure them out by doing as Clive S suggested and using small numbers until im happy. I need to know which of the listed need to be YES, and which need to be NO (or TRUE/FALSE)

Alone with these I suppose i need more information on how to set up and determinate where my soft limits are.

Thank you all for your willingness and patience.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 15:05 by Aldenflorio.

More
15 Aug 2020 15:08 - 15 Aug 2020 15:10 #178295 by Aldenflorio

So please forgive my difficulty. I’m not trying to make this frustrating to you.

Just make sure that the home all the figures are very low when you first try it then when you are happy you can increase them.
With the gantry it would be good if you could uncouple the motosr from the screw to make sure that they are both going to move the gantry in the same direction for the first test. Also keep your finger over the escape key as that should instantly stop motion when testing
Ok here is an extract from one of my machines ini file

# final home position machine-unit/sec
HOME = -20
# (this is homing sequence ie. 0 is first then 1 etc
# if any are the same number they will home at the same time)
# ( For gantry squaring they NEED to be both the SAME number and -ve )
HOME_SEQUENCE = -2

# use this to square the gantry
HOME_OFFSET = 0

# machine-units per sec (change the signs for the search dir)
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 40
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -2
HOME_FINAL_VEL = 50

HOME_SEQUENCE = -2
HOME_USE_INDEX = False
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = True

Figured out how to quote. Thank you. My only question for this is the following, Im using inches for my machine so im wondering if small is 0.2" or 0.02"?
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 15:10 by Aldenflorio.

More
15 Aug 2020 15:29 - 15 Aug 2020 15:32 #178297 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic 2 motors on one axis
When using inches as the machine unit, the number used in the ini file are in inches/second. So using 1 would cause the machine to search at 60ipm. How fast or slow do you want it to go.?
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 15:32 by Todd Zuercher.

More
15 Aug 2020 15:31 - 15 Aug 2020 15:36 #178298 by Aldenflorio
well to start off i want to move rather slow. ill start with 0.2 inch a sec just to get a feel for the speed
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 15:36 by Aldenflorio.

More
15 Aug 2020 16:18 #178300 by Clive S

well to start off i want to move rather slow. ill start with 0.2 inch a sec just to get a feel for the speed

All the settings in the ini file for the gantry in your case Y1 and Y2 have to be exactly the same apart from the possibly the scale sign if you have to reverse one of the motors.

More
15 Aug 2020 17:27 - 15 Aug 2020 17:29 #178304 by Aldenflorio
ok. Thank you, few more questions. i cant find where "Home Shared" is in the INI files, nor can i find immediate home (which i think i need for the z axis since it doesnt have a switch for min, just a floating head switch) another question. my ini files say that the measurements are in nanoseconds should i change that to second? if i can i would like to.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 17:29 by Aldenflorio.

More
15 Aug 2020 17:31 - 15 Aug 2020 17:32 #178305 by Clive S

ok. Thank you, few more questions. i cant find where "Home Shared" in the INI files, nor can i find immediate home (which i think i need for the z axis since it doesnt have a switch for min, just a floating head switch) another question. my ini files say that the measurements are in nanoseconds should i change that to second? if i can i would like to.

Is this for a plasma machine? The Z usually has a switch at the top

Have set this up with pncconf

Might be a good idea to post your hal and ini files
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 17:32 by Clive S.

More
15 Aug 2020 17:36 - 15 Aug 2020 17:36 #178306 by Aldenflorio
Yeah plasma machine. Ok I’ll look to adding one. I’ll post the files when I get home much later. Thank you
Last edit: 15 Aug 2020 17:36 by Aldenflorio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: medicusdkfz

More
15 Aug 2020 17:38 #178307 by Clive S

Yeah plasma machine. Ok I’ll look to adding one. I’ll post the files when I get home much later. Thank you

Are you using PlasmaC. You will need a home switch at the top. The float switch will be connected later on nothing to do with homing.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds