Joining two motors

More
31 Aug 2020 23:19 - 31 Aug 2020 23:19 #180244 by Aldenflorio
Replied by Aldenflorio on topic Joining two motors
here it is i think
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Aug 2020 23:19 by Aldenflorio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2020 06:50 - 01 Sep 2020 07:02 #180261 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Joining two motors

here it is i think

How have you wired the estop. Can you check with halshow to see if it toggles?

Can you jog the machine? You won't be able to jog it until it is homed. if not change for each axis

STEPLEN = 2500 to 5000
STEPSPACE = 2500 to 5000
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 07:02 by Clive S.

More
01 Sep 2020 13:15 - 01 Sep 2020 13:15 #180328 by Aldenflorio
I have the e-stop wired from the v+ to the e stop, then e-stop to Mesa board. It toggles. I’ll change what you said, though I don’t mind whether I can jog the axis before homing my trouble more is getting the machine to home
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 13:15 by Aldenflorio.

More
11 Sep 2020 05:22 - 11 Sep 2020 05:22 #181721 by Aldenflorio
I figured some things out. Since my last post till now I’ve been too busy to devote much time to this, plus I was building a new electrical enclosure because all my electrical were too tight together. Nonetheless I have made some progress. There are some new questions now, but I’m close to being finished. Let me first explain what I did.

I was fooling around with things and realized I’m a idiot and as an idiot I had the e-stop wired wrong. That is why I wasn’t able to click anything. So once I fixed that then I was able to click “home all”. The motors moved I had some issues that I fixed then I had to change the direction of one of the motors and fixs some configurations etc. ultimately it “homes” now.

Here are my current issues.

1: it seems to have its positive and negative values wrong. When it goes to home it backs up from home and considers everything between it and the home it just hit as positive, everything behind it it considers negative. When really there’s like two inches between it and home, and the rest of the table is behind it.

2: the scale is odd. It will travel to the other end of the x axis which is about 5ft. But it only considers it to be a few inches on the display. I know this is probably an issue with the specifics for the gear but I’m not sure.

3: it will hit x min limit switch (which is also home) then stop moving and still allow me to jog the motor. but when i jog it to the other end where the x max limit switch is and it hits it then the whole machine stops. Not sure why

4: I do not currently have 2 limit switches for the z axis. I have one for the floating head but that’s it. How do I make it so it homes all the axis except for the z axis?
Last edit: 11 Sep 2020 05:22 by Aldenflorio.

More
11 Sep 2020 08:01 #181733 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Joining two motors
If the direction is wrong, add a - to scale, and if homing is in the wrong direction add a - to home_search_velocity.
For Z axis set it to imediate homing by omiting the home_ entries in the ini file except Home=0.
And tune the scale by using the "calibration" from the "machine" menu.

More
11 Sep 2020 14:27 - 11 Sep 2020 14:28 #181765 by Aldenflorio
It’s homing in the right direction physically It just miss understands it on the display.

I’ll do that for the z axis thank you

When I edit the calibration menu nothing seems to save. I click save but when I reopen it or click refresh nothing has saved
Last edit: 11 Sep 2020 14:28 by Aldenflorio.

More
11 Sep 2020 14:34 #181766 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Joining two motors

It’s homing in the right direction physically It just miss understands it on the display.

It has to be the same on display and physically, so you do need to add the - in front of the scale, also can be done in the calibration menu.

When I edit the calibration menu nothing seems to save. I click save but when I reopen it or click refresh nothing has saved

Press "test" then "ok" then "save to file".

More
11 Sep 2020 14:36 - 11 Sep 2020 14:37 #181767 by Aldenflorio
Ok, thank you. I’ll change those things in a bit and let you know how it is
Last edit: 11 Sep 2020 14:37 by Aldenflorio.

More
11 Sep 2020 18:42 - 12 Sep 2020 02:56 #181782 by Aldenflorio
Ok so I did as you said and things are fixed. The z axis does what I want now, the machine homes properly, and it understands which direction it’s going, and it has proper scale.

Now I need to incorporate the floating head. How do I do that? When the limit switch is triggered on the floating head it says “Joint 3 on limit switch error” then it stops moving and doesn’t allow me to jog the motors
Last edit: 12 Sep 2020 02:56 by Aldenflorio.

More
12 Sep 2020 15:11 - 12 Sep 2020 15:12 #181892 by Aldenflorio
It give the same error message when it triggers the other limit switches that aren’t part of homing
Last edit: 12 Sep 2020 15:12 by Aldenflorio. Reason: Had to subscribe

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds