hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI

More
26 Apr 2017 06:22 #92120 by newbynobi
Hallo Phill,

I have taken care of users like you ;)
if you add <kinstype=both> to the KINS section, you get all joints prior to homing and you can switch modes with a GUI button or F12.

Norbert
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2017 06:25 #92121 by newbynobi
@rodw,

Norbert, going off topic for a moment, I'm not totally convinced Gmoccapy has solved everything in relation to the changes in Master. I've had a number of errors in relation to limit switch and following errors (now fixed) that are reported on the command line but do not raise an error dialog window. I think errors like this were previously reported by Axis within the GUI. I'm not sure if its a GUI issue or a LCNC issue. One error I traced back to deep within the LCNC code and it appeared to be making an incorrect assumption as to what was causing the error due to JA changes. "Axis is misconfigured" when it wasn't.

I need more information about that, because I have not realized such a behavior. The GUI passes all errors and messages from linuxcnc to the pop up GUI messages. If the code do only a print message, than it will only appear in the terminal. I use that way to show informations on start up.

Norbert

More
26 Apr 2017 11:52 #92134 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic hazzy - Joint Position DROs

I need more information about that, because I have not realized such a behavior. The GUI passes all errors and messages from linuxcnc to the pop up GUI messages. If the code do only a print message, than it will only appear in the terminal. I use that way to show informations on start up.

Norbert

Norbert, I've reported this in my bug report thread in the Gmoccapy section to avoid derailing this thread.

More
26 Apr 2017 12:56 #92140 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic hazzy - Joint Position DROs
Rod, Thanks you for mentioning that Gmoccapy issue here, as I think it relegates to (or is the same as) an issue I am having. Since switching to master I have noticed that my hazzy interface displays maybe 50% of LinuxCNC errors, before it reliably displayed all of them. I can't figure out what is causing this, but I am fairly certain it is not a problem with Gmoccapy, (or hazzy in my case). I am pretty sure the problem is in the LinuxCNC error channel as my own messages are always displayed, and I have not changed any of that code since switching to master. As far as I can tell the the error channel misses errors of all types randomly, and since it is not consistent I am having trouble taking down were the problem originates.

I am waiting to see what Norbert says, if he agrees that the problem is likely not in the UI, I'll do some deeper digging and see if there is a way to solve this problem.

Cheers,
Kurt

More
26 Apr 2017 14:03 #92145 by KCJ
Rod, after rereading you posts here and on the Gmoccapy thread I think your problem may not be related to my problem above. I thought you were saying the errors were printed to the terminal, but were not displayed by Gmoccapy, but based on your screenshot on the other thread I see what you are calling the terminal is the Gmoccapy exception dialog. This displays exceptions in the code, which is not necessarily related to configuration or "machine" type error.

More
27 Apr 2017 08:18 #92185 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic hazzy - Joint Position DROs
Kurt, I believe this is a LCNC error not a GUI error. I have updated my Gmoccapy thread now my network is back to normal after a UPS died at 4:00am on a public holiday. This is the error in the terminal window.
joint 3 on limit switch error
emc/task/taskintf.cc 945: Error on joint 3, command number 129
task: main loop took 0.141217 seconds

I believe limit switch errors previously appeared in a GUI message window. You'd need to test in Axis GUI but I'm too far into a build to experiment right now as my config is so tightly bound to Gmoccapy. Once your GUI becomes stable and I've got my Plasma machine working, I may try building a plasma addon for your GUI.

Anyway, I'll confine the discussion to the Gmoccapy thread as Norbert has involved others in the past.

More
30 Apr 2017 18:53 #92366 by TurBoss
Replied by TurBoss on topic hazzy - Joint Position DROs
I had to get a touch screen + pemndant

thanks great work

More
30 Apr 2017 19:10 #92367 by KCJ
Which touchscreen did you get? I am using a 15" elo IntelliTouch and love it.
I will post some pictures of my control panel so others can see how I use the GUI.

Progress Update:
I almost have a touchscreen file browser finished. It has been a lot of work but I think it will have been worth it. I will add it to the main UI in the next few days. It would be great if you could look it over and make sure I have not made too many mistakes :)
I am also working on making the UI modular so it is easy to add custom panels, I think I have some ideas for how to do that.

Thanks for all your help TurBoss!

Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
30 Apr 2017 19:25 #92368 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic hazzy - Control Panel
Here is a picture of a the mock-up control panel currently on my mill. I have all the metal cut for making the real one, just need to get around to putting it together.
Attachments:

More
01 May 2017 00:06 #92398 by TurBoss
Replied by TurBoss on topic hazzy - Control Panel
I want to buy one of this
www.chalk-elec.com/?page_id=1280#!/10-un...413/category=3094861

but for the next control, now i'm using a p4 with AGP graphics so no hdmi

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds