hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI

More
03 Jul 2017 14:14 #95309 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI
massimo: You have already been waiting very patiently! You first asked if I could add a lathe mode to hazzy in April. Time files...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2017 14:41 #95310 by tecno
Waving my hand over here too ;)

Cheers
Bengt

More
03 Jul 2017 14:54 #95311 by KCJ
Yes, I certainly plan on adding support for embedding custom tabs. At the moment Hazzy is essentially made up of a bunch of embedded tabs. Each of the main elements (File-chooser, G-code views, virtual Keyboard, Gremlin, Tooltable, etc) are written as standalone "module", which are then embedded in the main UI at startup. At the moment there is not a way to embed a tab with out editing code, but I plan on having a file similar to an INI file that will allow specifying the location of embedded tabs and even allow rearranging the layout of the standard UI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, eFalegname

More
03 Jul 2017 18:58 #95325 by newbynobi
Will you also add a feature to resize the GUI?
IMHO for "industrial" use, it should be able to run also in fullscreen on modern displays, i.e. full HD panels.

Norbert

More
03 Jul 2017 21:42 #95333 by KCJ
Hello Norbert!
I would like to make it possible to resize the GUI, but I have not figured out how to do it yet. Since I am using images for the background, I think I would have to rescale each one to match the size of the window. I have not found a way to do this simply. I think PathPilot uses images and the GUI is resizeable. I wonder how they made that work ...

Last night I was looking into alternatives to using images, like maybe using Cairo to draw the GUI elements directly. I don't think that would be hard to do, but there are so many other things that need to be done first, and so little time!

Kurt

More
05 Jul 2017 12:02 #95389 by andypugh

I plan on having a file similar to an INI file that will allow specifying the location of embedded tabs and even allow rearranging the layout of the standard UI.

It would be better if it responded to the EMBED_TAB commands from the standard INI in the standard way.

Also please consider implementing something like:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/1bcd...b3ae236486cb45cd0e9e
So that embedded tabs can tell when they are front-most.

More
05 Jul 2017 12:06 #95390 by andypugh

Hello Norbert!
I would like to make it possible to resize the GUI, but I have not figured out how to do it yet. Since I am using images for the background, I think I would have to rescale each one to match the size of the window. I have not found a way to do this simply. I think PathPilot uses images and the GUI is resizeable. I wonder how they made that work ...

I managed to make it happen here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/26550-lathe-macros?start=150#82743
(it's not very elegant, the buttons are all in an in invisble table)

One way that worked was to actively re-position all the elements based on scale factors on resize..

More
06 Jul 2017 07:14 #95424 by auto-mation-assist
Here are some observations I have mode while initially trying the Hazzy gui. Perhaps someone can verify if my observations are correct or not.

I was doing some testing with Hazzy with my configuration files for gmoccapy which uses a spindle quadrature decoder and index pulses for spindle position and speed control. I found it problematic that indicators were missing on Hazzy for the near spindle speed led and actual spindle decoded RPM with my configuration files.

My test also showed that axis movement was allowed when the spindle was actually not rotating during program execution. With my gmoccapy configuration files axis movement during program execution is not allowed unless the actual spindle RPM is within the programmed tolerance for RPM. The near LED is a good trouble shooting aid when such a condition occurs.

My controller/servo system is programmed for five axis but due to ongoing work many configuration parameters have been commented out for axis A and U to effectively disable those axis. Even though these axes are not being configured homing on these still appears to be expected and I had to push each homing button for these two axis before program execution was allowed after X, Y and Z were already automatically homed. This makes me suspect that the actual number of axis and joints being configured is not being used to determine the number of actual active axis.

I miss not have having jogging buttons and a tab for probing since I use those a lot and will likely add tabs for both of these as soon as time allows and I figure out how to do it.

I will continue to further test Hazzy since I like its layout a lot. Great job kcj.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
06 Jul 2017 14:16 #95431 by KCJ
fairngs, thank you for the detail report, it is very much appreciated! Will look into when I get a chance.

I am currently on my way to catch an international flight to Canada as the first leg of a 8000 mile + camping/road trip with 8 of my nephews. I will likely be out of touch for the next month.

More
05 Aug 2017 20:09 - 05 Aug 2017 21:34 #97045 by Roguish
kcj: hope you have a nice holiday. when you're back and back into it, could you post a simple status of your gui, and some simple instructions on how to acquire and install it. Hazzy is a very good looking gui and I'd really like to try it out. Strictly milling. Thanks.

Ok, looked closer and found the install. and installed it via git. very nice.
Last edit: 05 Aug 2017 21:34 by Roguish.

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds