hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI

More
06 Aug 2017 03:34 #97058 by KCJ
Replied by KCJ on topic hazzy - Another touchscreen GUI
Thank you Roguish, I had a great vacation and am starting to recover a little bit from many nights of little sleep!
I am glad you found the source files, here is a link in case others don't read my first post:
github.com/KurtJacobson/hazzy

I managed to do some work on Hazzy here and there while I was gone. Here is the synopsis:

BUG FIXES
  • Fix longstanding bug were LinuxCNC would stay in auto mode after running a program, making it imposibe to jog etc. Now LinuxCNC is set to Manual Mode whenever a program is not being executed.
  • Fix segmentation errors caused by improper threading in Gremlin by temperately removing all threading. I hope to add the threading back in when I learn how to do it properly.

• ENHANCEMENTS
  • Lots of general code clean up in hazzy.py
  • Improve Gremlin controls by highlighting the current view
  • Add basic keyboard jogging for X, Y and Z axes for use while setting up and testing a machine.
  • Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    06 Aug 2017 19:22 #97075 by Roguish
    got it installed via git. nice.
    I have a 1024x768 touchscreen (elo knockoff from monoprice). hazzy does not seem to fit.
    change to a 1280x1024 non-touch and hazzy fits fine, but no touch. doh.
    some one earlier mentioned making the display should be stretchable, and Norbert mentioned a method to do that.

also, what does the 'tool' symbol do in the gremlin display? stays greyed out on my screen.
    also, how does one change the feed, feed, and rapid overrides?

just asking.
    anyway. it's a nice GUI. keep working it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    06 Aug 2017 19:55 - 06 Aug 2017 19:56 #97076 by KCJ
    I designed Hazzy to fill an entire 1024x768 screen, so if you have launcher panels or anything else that takes up screen real estate it will not fit. I am currently working on making the UI salable to fit different screens sizes and resolutions, so I should have the resolved eventually.

The 'tools' symbol in the gremlin controls is suposed to bring up the same menu as when you right click gremlin, but I had some trouble making that work so it does nothing at the moment. Hopefully those controls (and others) will be in a popover menu some time soon.

I have physical potentiomenter based Feed, Speed and Rapid ORs on my machine, but I am planning to add on screen overrides to Hazzy as soon as I figure out were to put them!

I am currently trying to migrate the from GTK2 to GTK3 for the UI, which will give me a lot more flexibility in how the on screen controls can be done. I am also thinking about maybe completely changing the UI design to make it more touch friendly and easier to customize. I hope to post some mock ups in the near future for you all the criticize. Thinking maybe more like a CELOS control, but without all that flashy appy junk...
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 06 Aug 2017 19:56 by KCJ.

More
    06 Aug 2017 20:49 #97077 by massimodamassa
    Welcome back, I remember the lathe

It would be for this
    The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
    06 Aug 2017 20:57 #97078 by KCJ
    I have not forgotten about your lathe! I can't wait for Hazzy to be able to run such a nice machine, I am very jealous :)

More
    07 Aug 2017 12:08 #97102 by massimodamassa
    It all depends on you:) :silly: ;)

More
    08 Aug 2017 01:17 #97152 by sqmathlete
    Hi Massimodamassa,

Totaly inspiring to see your machine work. I have a Mazak Slanturn that I am working on with Delta ASDA-Servo amps as well. Would you be willing to share you configuration? I am currently still trying to get .xml file sorted... Any help would greatly be appreciated.

By the way, Kcj Fantastic Gui!
    Mazak watch out!

Dan

More
    08 Aug 2017 04:24 #97159 by massimodamassa
    Here is the .xml file for alerts alongside.
    I claim that I used a mesa 5i22-1 and command the stepper / dir engines, the closed loop make the delta.
    Attachments:

More
    08 Aug 2017 04:44 #97160 by sqmathlete
    Thanks for your quick reply. I was thinking that you were using the ASDA-A2E (ethercat amps) and kind of hoping to be able to look at the .hal, and ini files as well. These amps are similar but different to yours. However, I see that you have solved the tool changer and I believe that mine is probably similar to yours. Was this through classic ladder? Again, file? or perhaps basic description.

Kind Regards
    Dan

More
    08 Aug 2017 05:43 - 08 Aug 2017 05:44 #97162 by massimodamassa
    The etherchat servo drives what do they have good? The easiest connection with cnc? Use the mesa?
    For tool change I used a dedicated duplomatic plc (UNC) at least I avoided complicating things.
    The ini and hal file can also give you but will not use anything for your machine.

Best regards
    Last edit: 08 Aug 2017 05:44 by massimodamassa.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds