Work with probe

More
22 Mar 2016 04:14 #72004 by verser
Replied by verser on topic Installing Work with probe

Here is a screen capture showing the location of the down.ngc

so you need to fix .ini
SUBROUTINE_PATH = subroutines
The following user(s) said Thank You: gizmo6023

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2016 08:31 #72006 by cncbasher
as Verser suggests , most of the errors are because the file paths are incorrect

More
22 Mar 2016 11:56 #72012 by gizmo6023
Thank You Verser,
Probe is now working as expected.
Can I adjust the rapid value to something slower without causing more problems?

More
22 Mar 2016 12:35 #72014 by verser
Replied by verser on topic Installing Work with probe

Can I adjust the rapid value to something slower without causing more problems?

Of course, you can set to any value by changing the setting RAPID_SPEED in .ini

More
26 Mar 2016 00:24 #72165 by csbrady
Replied by csbrady on topic Work with probe
My changes to the probe screen code are mostly wrapped up, but I still have an issue that I can't seem to sort out and I am confused by some of the problems I am seeing.

Here is what I changed:
- Added support for gscreen in error poll.
- Reworked the ocore and gcode functions to wait for the interpreter idle rather than using linuxcnc.wait_complete(). I found that wait_complete() frequently returns before an action is complete. This causes erratic problems and frequently would end up picking up the result for the search probe rather than the final one.
- Changed the way MDI mode is entered by putting a call to mdi_start() at the beginning and mdi_end() at the end of every button press function. These functions save the current mode, set MDI mode and then at the end set the mode to the saved mode.
- Set the spin button defaults, resolution and increments to work with Imperial units.

The problem that I can't seen to figure out is errors about not being in MDI mode. I found that Gscreen sets the mode to manual when the interpreter goes idle if the GUI is set to manual. I fixed this and verified that the mode is set to MDI but I still get random errors unless I set the mode to MDI in the GUI. I am out of ideas for now.

I could use some feedback.
Is anyone else seeing these problems? Erratic behavior, probe functions returning before the final probe is finished, errors if not in MDI mode?
It would be helpful to know the problems I am seeing are Gscreen related. Is anyone using probe_screen with Gscreen?
Anyone have clues about why I am getting MDI mode errors?

Here is a patch file for probe_screen.py is anyone is interested in the code.

File Attachment:

File Name: probe_screen.patch
File Size:17 KB
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: verser

More
26 Mar 2016 11:32 #72178 by balestrino
Replied by balestrino on topic Work with probe
thank you for sharing your work
but patch link is broken

More
26 Mar 2016 11:38 #72179 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Work with probe
patch download is ok

More
04 Apr 2016 17:26 #72729 by mecatron_cj
Replied by mecatron_cj on topic Work with probe
Hello,

I saw you have created this feature for linuxcnc This is a great feature and I would like to thank you all who developed it and for making it available to us.
I don't have a probe yet and I want to see it in action as a simulation but I faced some problems: the first one was to place the files from the archive in the correct path to be read and displayed by axis. After reading a few times the posts where you detailed where to put the files, I could see the Axis showing the probe_screen tab.
I turned on the mill and started to push buttons and I saw some movements and errors saying the ngc files (all x+, x-, y+, y- and down) could not be found, I cannot figure out how to solve this. I'm attaching my ini file and I am asking you for a little help.
Another problem is that when pushing the button X+ the spindle is moved down and in opposite direction (with my settings in ini file the X axis moves in right direction)
I'm a beginner using linuxcnc and the cnc mill but I've one remark. I think an operator first determines where Z zero is and then he starts probing. I think the probing operations should be disabled until the Z0 is determined by touching-off or probing or by manually setting Z0. I saw that when pressing any button Z carriage moves down then it moves in horizontal direction (X or Y) but NO retraction to a safe Z after probing
Regards,
Adrian
PS. Sorry for my English
I'
Attachments:

More
05 Apr 2016 20:12 #72805 by gizmo6023
Replied by gizmo6023 on topic Work with probe

Hello,

I turned on the mill and started to push buttons and I saw some movements and errors saying the ngc files (all x+, x-, y+, y- and down) could not be found, I cannot figure out how to solve this. I'm attaching my ini file and I am asking you for a little help.

Regards,
Adrian
PS. Sorry for my English
I'

See attachments post in this post forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/49-basic-config...robe?start=100#72001
If your file structure looks the same try changing
SUBROUTINE_PATH = /root/linuxcnc/nc_files/ngcgui_lib:/root/linuxcnc/nc_files/ngcgui_lib/utilitysubs
to SUBROUTINE_PATH = subroutine
The following user(s) said Thank You: mecatron_cj

More
05 Apr 2016 21:19 #72812 by csbrady
Replied by csbrady on topic Work with probe
Adrian,
To find the ngc files you need add the path to them in the [RS274NGC] section in your .ini file.
Here is what I am using:
SUBROUTINE_PATH = /home/cbrady/linuxcnc/nc_files/ngcgui_lib:/home/cbrady/linuxcnc/nc_files/ngcgui_lib/utilitysubs:./probe/macros
It's the last entry on the line that points to the probe ngc files. I placed the probe files in a subdirectory in the directory for where my configuration lives. That's why I use "./" as the prefix. You can use the full path if it's more clear.

If you are experimenting without a probe the movement may look confusing. Probing for an edge first moves away from the measured surface and then toward it. If you are using the buttons to measure inside surfaces then the probe moves down first, but ti does not for outside surfaces. Not sure if this is the issue or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mecatron_cj

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds