Work with probe

More
22 Oct 2016 19:31 - 22 Oct 2016 19:33 #81938 by auto-mation-assist
Replied by auto-mation-assist on topic Work with probe
I was having trouble with accessing the subroutines in the single probe file. I have not had time to try it further but I think that problem was due to not putting .ngc on the end of the symlink names.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2016 19:33 by auto-mation-assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2016 13:23 #81962 by verser
Replied by verser on topic Work with probe

I was having trouble with accessing the subroutines in the single probe file. I have not had time to try it further but I think that problem was due to not putting .ngc on the end of the symlink names.

Сheck just in case that all files from the archive from folder "macros" are placed in folder specified in your ini file as SUBROUTINE_PATH.

More
23 Oct 2016 13:55 #81963 by lerman
Replied by lerman on topic Work with probe
Yes -- the symlinks must end with .ngc.

Ken

More
09 Feb 2017 22:40 - 09 Feb 2017 23:14 #87719 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Work with probe
Just to clarify: Are the files right at the beginning the latest version, or are there updated versions scattered through the thread?

I now see that there is a link to the files.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2017 23:14 by andypugh.

More
19 Jun 2017 19:59 #94709 by schorsch
Replied by schorsch on topic Work with probe
Hi,

very nice tool!! Looks really great.
I have been using Z-probing for tool length compensation for a while. Using the probe for edge finding is very interesting to me, too, I will try it out.

I've seen in the screenshots that you are able to detect the angle of the workpiece, too? (I mean the angle along Z). Are you able to correct the angle, too? I guess no, right?

We all know, that it can be hard to properly align a workpiece on the machine (e.g. when working of the backside, or for many other purposes). Is there any possible way for semi-automated alignment of x and y AND PHI by doing a probe.

As far as I know linuxcnc uses the concept of joints and axis. So a trivial machine (with joints equal to axis) could use a rotation matrix with angle phi. Phi is 0 by default, but can be set by a probe.

Does anyone tried something like this already?

Could be even more interesting for engraving operations to probe the z-plane in a couple of points, fitting a surface and auto-correcting the plane in all three axis. And could be really really usefull when working with 4 or 5 axis.

Has someone experience with such things?

Thanks
Georg

More
20 Jun 2017 22:43 #94744 by andypugh

I've seen in the screenshots that you are able to detect the angle of the workpiece, too? (I mean the angle along Z). Are you able to correct the angle, too? I guess no, right?

It should be trivial. G10 L2 allows you to rotate the coordinate system around the Z axis.

More
21 Jun 2017 18:21 #94774 by schorsch
Replied by schorsch on topic Work with probe
Ok,
I didn't know, It seems the documentation of G10 L2 is a bit "poor", only for my understanding:

G10 L2 R90

rotates the xy plane 90deg? I'm asking, because there is no unit mentioned in the doc. that means x becomes y and y becomes -x, right? And it works for any angle?

Lets assume a more complex example:
A 5axis machine, xy table, ontop is an a-axis ontop of the a-axis is a c-axis, spindle has fixed angle, but moves in z

I'm placing a workpiece in the stack, its surface is 10 deg rotated around Y-Axis (in mcs). Now I'm starting to probe the surface to align it properly (three points). From the gradient I'm detecting my highest slope (should be in the direction of the x-axis, because its tilted around y).

That means the corresponding alignment proceduce needs to turn the C-axis by 90 deg and the A-axis by 10 deg. that means that the x-axis in tcs is now the y-axis in wcs and vice versa. Please understand, this is a simple example, it needs to run for all kinds of surfaces

How can I do this with G10 L2??

Thanks
Georg

More
21 Jun 2017 23:10 #94778 by andypugh

How can I do this with G10 L2??

I am pretty sure that G10 L2 Rnn only knows about X and Y.

On a non-trivial machine I think that the behaviour would need to be experimentally determined.

I think the units are degrees, as is usual in G-code. But again, testing will make it clear pretty quickly.

More
02 Aug 2017 13:46 #96907 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Work with probe
I have been using the probe functions for a long time now and I am very happy with it. It just occurred to me that there is one very nice feature missing. We can probe the inside and outside of a round item but one thing we cannot do is get the center of a rectangular piece of stock. At least not as far as I am aware. I saw the Path Pilot does it in one operation. Just wondering why it was never mentioned here. It would be a nice feature.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
05 Sep 2017 21:33 #98550 by Mike@CNCproCuts.com
Replied by Mike@CNCproCuts.com on topic Work with probe
I tried it and I am missing the HAL command to hook it up ...

I tried to remove what was there since it was entering in conflict with the input hook up command

#net probe-in => motion.probe-input

and place a command to hook up the input

net probe hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-31 => motion.probe-input

When I try it, I get "must be in MDI mode to issue MDI commands"

When I touch the probe, I hear the relay triggering but don't see anything on screen confirming contact ... I am missing something ?

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds