Work with probe

More
27 Nov 2017 20:20 #102400 by Mech john
Replied by Mech john on topic Work with probe
Hi Ken,
where can I get it to test it out?

thanks,
john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2017 20:44 #102401 by Mech john
Hi CSBrady,
I was using the probe screen and all was working fine. I upgraded to master a couple of days ago and now it does not work fine. I have this strange ´must be in mdi mode´ issue. I looked at your patch but did not install it so far as reading your posts it seemed you could not get to the bottom of it... Any suggestions? How did you solve this problem?

cheers!
John

More
27 Nov 2017 22:16 #102405 by lerman
Replied by lerman on topic Work with probe
You (or anyone else) can find it here.

Ken

More
27 Nov 2017 22:29 #102406 by Mech john
Hi Ken,
many thanks. Silly question (i am new to this) but how do I use these probe routines? I mean how do I call them. Is it via the command line or are they in the gui as options I can click to use?

cheers,
John

More
27 Nov 2017 22:50 #102408 by lerman
Replied by lerman on topic Work with probe
I call them all from the MDI window. Sort of.

I'm using an MPG which has a dozen or so buttons (16?). My linux ini contains lines that cause MDIs to be executed when certain buttons are used. It also can set a variable when the MPG moves. So a typical operation might be to manually jog to the position I want to probe from. Then move a small distance in the direction I want to probe.

When I press the probe button my my MPG, the o<safe_probe_edge> routine is called. It looks at the last direction of motion to determine in which direction to probe.

I can position (by jogging) the probe in the center of a hole. Then hit the button corresponding to find the center of a hole. The routine is executed and the probe positioned to the center.

Some routines must be manually executed through the MDI. My calibrate routines are described earlier in this thread.

Ken

More
27 Nov 2017 23:11 #102409 by Mech john
very interesting. I would like to try this. I have a pendant I can wire up. would you be kind enough to share your .ini so I can try and see how it all works..

cheers,
john

More
27 Nov 2017 23:29 #102410 by coffeeking
Replied by coffeeking on topic Work with probe
I'd really like to get this running but I'm struggling. I've placed all the files in subdirs from my config folder, modded my ini to contain:
[DISPLAY]
DISPLAY = axis

EMBED_TAB_NAME=Probe Screen
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -u python/probe_screen.py -x {XID} probe_icons/probe_screen.glade
[RS274NGC]
PARAMETER_FILE = linuxcnc.var
FEATURES=30
SUBROUTINE_PATH= home/james/my-mill/macro
[TOOLSENSOR]
RAPID_SPEED = 60

But I'm getting an error:
Embeded tab command "halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -u python/probe_screen.py -x 106955024 probe_icons/probe_screen.glade" exited with error: 1
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...

I notice someone else much earlier in the thread had the same issue but I didn't see a fix for them, or a root cause. Can anyone help me identify it please?

More
27 Nov 2017 23:59 #102413 by coffeeking
Replied by coffeeking on topic Work with probe
OK I solved my own problem by downloading the master.zip again and overwriting - looks like I had a corrupted file.

More
28 Nov 2017 00:06 #102414 by Mech john
you might want to look at rapid speed =60, don't know if you simply changed that for testing but its a bit slow..

cheers, john

More
28 Nov 2017 00:37 #102417 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Work with probe
has ANYONE got this probe_screen to work with master?
if yes, how the heck? could 'ya share the way?
thanks

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds