More
03 Apr 2017 21:29 #90818 by fjr122
Ok, I don't think that did anything...
~/linuxcnc-dev/src $ sudo apt-get install debhelper
[sudo] password for linuxcnc: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
debhelper is already the newest version (10.2.2ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04.1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.
linuxcnc@linuxcnc-OptiPlex-380 ~/linuxcnc-dev/src $ 

The dpkg-checkbuilddeps gives me this..
~/linuxcnc-dev $ dpkg-checkbuilddeps
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build dependencies: libgnomeprintui2.2-dev python-support tcl8.4-dev tk8.4-dev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2017 21:42 #90823 by cncnoob1979
Ok. There's your problem. You need to install the missing dependencies you have listed there.

Debhelper was already installed (as it should have been)

Activate or add the repo I've talked about a few pages back for those dependencys.

I'm on my cellphone atm. Then you can build LinuxCNC. All dependencies can be installed by adding the repo I listed in the first posting.

More
03 Apr 2017 22:25 #90826 by fjr122

Here's the latest.. I tried the apt-get install first..

linuxcnc@linuxcnc-OptiPlex-380 ~/linuxcnc-dev $ sudo apt-get install devscripts build-essential imagemagick texlive-font-utils tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev libxaw7-dev libncurses-dev libreadline-gplv2-dev dblatex groff python-dev python-tk libglu1-mesa-dev
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 15 not upgraded.

More
03 Apr 2017 22:27 #90827 by fjr122
Then I added the repo, and ran an update..
linuxcnc@linuxcnc-OptiPlex-380 ~/linuxcnc-dev $ sudo add-apt-repository 'deb mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu precise main universe'
linuxcnc@linuxcnc-OptiPlex-380 ~/linuxcnc-dev $ sudo apt-get update
Ign:1 packages.linuxmint.com sarah InRelease
Hit:2 packages.linuxmint.com sarah Release                              
Ign:4 mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu precise InRelease                       
Get:5 mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu precise Release [49.6 kB]               
Get:9 security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [102 kB]     
Ign:10 highlab.com/rtai/2017-01-10 jessie InRelease                     
Hit:11 highlab.com/rtai/2017-01-10 jessie Release                       
Get:13 security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main Sources [66.7 kB]
Get:17 security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security/main Translation-en [100 kB]
Hit:18 archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease                       
Get:19 archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease [102 kB]      
Get:23 archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main i386 Packages [493 kB]
Hit:24 archive.canonical.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease                    
Get:25 archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main Translation-en [202 kB]
Get:32 mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu precise/universe i386 Packages [4,796 kB]
Fetched 15.5 MB in 26s (587 kB/s)                                              
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu/dists/precise/Release.gpg: Signature by key 630239CC130E1A7FD81A27B140976EAF437D05B5 uses weak digest algorithm (SHA1)
W: highlab.com/rtai/2017-01-10/dists/jessie/Release.gpg: Signature by key B024FBFCB74B9070BFB24DBDEF0D730CE9AD3D5D uses weak digest algorithm (SHA1)
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:2

The forum is acting weird (too many links in your post) so I took out the http://... and added the periods, everything in between was successful.

More
03 Apr 2017 22:29 #90828 by fjr122
Not entirely sure about these results.. but I tried the install again.. got a different result:
linuxcnc@linuxcnc-OptiPlex-380 ~/linuxcnc-dev $ sudo apt-get install devscripts build-essential imagemagick texlive-font-utils tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev libxaw7-dev libncurses-dev libreadline-gplv2-dev dblatex groff python-dev python-tk libglu1-mesa-dev libgtk2.0-dev asciidoc source-highlight libboost-python-dev texlive-lang-cyrillic debhelper texlive-lang-french texlive-lang-spanish texlive-lang-german libmodbus-dev dvipng libusb-1.0-0-dev graphviz inkscape python-numpy python-imaging-tk python-gtkglext1 tclreadline blt bwidget libtk-img tclx libudev-dev gstreamer0.10-plugins-base python-vte libqt4-dev libssl-dev texlive-lang-polish w3c-linkchecker libxenomai-dev
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libncurses5-dev' instead of 'libncurses-dev'
Note, selecting 'tclx8.4' instead of 'tclx'
python-gtkglext1 is already the newest version (1.1.0-9.1).
blt is already the newest version (2.5.3+dfsg-3).
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base is already the newest version (0.10.36-2ubuntu0.1).
debhelper is already the newest version (10.2.2ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04.1).
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 python-imaging-tk : Depends: python-imaging (= 1.1.7-4) but 3.1.2-0ubuntu1.1 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

[/color]

More
03 Apr 2017 23:41 #90831 by cncnoob1979
I would at this point try the 32 bit os. With the time invested with 64bit you could have it running ;)

If you want to continue I would try to find python imaging in that link I posted at the first post. Search for that dependency there.

More
03 Apr 2017 23:44 #90832 by fjr122
As much as I want a running system, I would also like for the 64bit portion of your how to to work.

More
04 Apr 2017 00:00 #90833 by cncnoob1979
It does work. As many others has reported. I'm not sure where you are any longer.

The problem is simple. You need to satisfy your dependencies. Each machine is different. I would try again to see if you are doing it correctly.

I'm sure it's something simple.

Only do a sudo apt get-install for the dependencies you are missing.

See what the error is saying. If I remember correctly only libgnome print etc.. was it.

Try to sudo apt-get install these. When dpkg-checkbuilddeps comes back blank then you can build LinuxCNC.

Install these with sudo apt-get install.

libgnomeprintui2.2-dev python-support tcl8.4-dev tk8.4-dev

More
04 Apr 2017 00:13 #90834 by cncnoob1979
Check your package manager repo's. looks like from the above that you have multiple duplicates listed.

Only highland and the mirror you just added should be active. (Checked marked)

More
04 Apr 2017 01:34 #90839 by Elroy
Hello CNCNoOB1979,

Im new at this forum thing and thought i was replying to a specific post you had not all the posts. Here is what i need help with also. you had a conversation with another member that went like this:

"What dependencies issue were you having? Was it libgnomeprintui2.2-dev and python-support? After adding the repo did you issue a [sudo apt-get update] to refresh the package listing?

The errors could be from virtual box, did you install 3rd party software during install? If so then these pass errors on the kernel build.

For the checking dependencies [dpkg-checkbuilddeps], will only work if you enable source code repositories and update the package listing, after configuring linuxcnc [in the /linuxcnc-dev/debian/ folder]

If you would like to go through this again I can help walk you through it. "

This is the the problem Im having.
elroy@elroy-Lenovo-V570 ~/linuxcnc-dev $ dpkg-checkbuilddeps
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build dependencies: libgnomeprintui2.2-dev python-support tcl8.4-dev tk8.4-dev

I tried to follow the advice you have but am too much of a newby to figure out which one to install and how to properly install it.

Any help?

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds