Linuxcnc Mint 19.3 ISO

More
07 Sep 2020 11:24 #181135 by JackRay
Replied by JackRay on topic Linuxcnc Mint 19.3 ISO
Ok thank you very much for quick answers.
I go away checking my pc configuration . I think there is a error possible inside

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2020 09:39 - 08 Sep 2020 09:44 #181228 by Adik A.
Replied by Adik A. on topic Linuxcnc Mint 19.3 ISO

To install on a Mint 19.x: installation without Linuxcnc
sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc linux-headers-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc
[...]

There's error, can you check please?
root@xubuntu-cnc:~# sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc linux-headers-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc

E: The package could not be found linux-image-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-image-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc'
E: The package could not be found linux-headers-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-headers-4.19.106-rt44-lcnc'
Last edit: 08 Sep 2020 09:44 by Adik A..

More
08 Sep 2020 10:19 #181229 by BeagleBrainz
Replied by BeagleBrainz on topic Linuxcnc Mint 19.3 ISO
OK had to find the packages and add them to the repo, now make sure you have added\updated the key as mentioned in the first post.
They were deleted when some idiot forgot the password for signing.
then run:
sudo apt-get update

Then continue with installing the packages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catch22

More
13 Sep 2020 05:38 #181976 by Hippy
Replied by Hippy on topic Linuxcnc Mint 19.3 ISO
Just put this on my NUK that's going to run my plasma table. Thanks for putting this iso together, might have been the smoothest install of Linuxcnc ever for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, BeagleBrainz

More
21 Sep 2020 08:22 #183100 by BeagleBrainz
Mint 19.3 ISO is good to go. Single image is suitable for both Std PC & Odroid H2+
The following user(s) said Thank You: seuchato, Clive S, Catch22

More
23 Oct 2020 21:08 #187022 by Muzzer
Replied by Muzzer on topic Linuxcnc Mint 19.3 ISO
I'm having the very devil of a job trying to download the 19.3 ISO. Once it's finally downloaded the file, it sits forever "finishing". Admittedly I'm using Download Manager in Chrome but that's usually fairly solid.

Any idea what's going wrong? At this rate I may be forced to try Internet Explorer....

More
23 Oct 2020 22:55 #187046 by BeagleBrainz
Ditch Chrome and use Firefox.
Or try wget builtvisible.com/download-your-website-with-wget/

More
25 Oct 2020 12:19 #187186 by Muzzer
Nothing's easy. I finally managed to successfully download the image using Edge (yuk), made a bootable USB FAT32 using Rufus and tried to run it several times. At startup, I would be offered the option to run but each time I did so, it would sit with the cursor frozen after 20-30 seconds of reading the USB. Repeated the download on another machine and NTFS but same result. Finally tried again using Firefox but same result each time. Possibly some BIOS setting causing this?

Then from within the existing Debian install (from 4 years ago), I downloaded a Mint Cinnamon image, planning to install it directly. This required a different bootable USB utility (Etcher) to be downloaded first. I managed to download it but couldn't figure out what to do next to actually install it to make it run. My psychic powers clearly weren't up to the job and none of the "getting started" or FAQs actually addressed the question of what to do after downloading the install package. Detail I know - but while I'm more than happy to admit I'm a soft Windows guy, it's surprising how unintuitive this is turning out to be.

I've got a Jetway JNF9C-2800 mobo and am assuming this Intel build is appropriate here:
For Mint 19.3 with updated kernel & Official V2.8.0 Linuxcnc:
ISO:
cnc.beaglebrainz.net/cdimage/cnc-19.3.0-...lus-uspace-64bit.iso
md5:
cnc.beaglebrainz.net/cdimage/cnc-19.3.0-...lus-uspace-64bit.md5

Can somebody point out the (no doubt) simple error I'm making here?

Thanks!

More
25 Oct 2020 13:02 - 25 Oct 2020 13:19 #187188 by BeagleBrainz
Forget Rufus & Etcher, use win32diskimager, I’m pretty sure I recommend that. It will boot UEFI no worries.
Don’t worry if Windows doesn’t recognise the USB stick after that is normal.
Yes the 19.3 image is good for amd & intel 64 bit systems.

And finally check the md5sum you’ll have to google how to do that within windows.

Now before I upload the images I test them in a virtual machine, then on a desktop, then on laptop and then on my Odroid. Both legacy & UEFI booting is tested where available. I try both USB 2.0 and 3.0 sticks and I try booting from both USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports depending on the machine.

Some Motherboards do take a little longer to boot, after making the boot selection, so it may take a little longer than expected. What you can do on the boot menu is press e to edit and remove the quiet or splash bit. This will cause all the kernel messages to print out. Now if it gets stuck on entropy just wiggle the mouse around a bit.
Otherwise you’ll need to either report where it gets stuck on take a photo of the screen.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2020 13:19 by BeagleBrainz.

More
25 Oct 2020 15:15 #187197 by Muzzer
Not sure where Rufus came from but I'll give Disk Imager a go.

The Disk Imager wiki says "Writing standard ISO images is not supported, however hybrid images created with Syslinux's isohybrid does work. Most Linux distributions are now going this route, as are some other ISO images."

So can I assume that the ISO files linked are suitable for use with DI? In which case I have to select "all files *.*" rather than the IMG format it expects natively.

A screenshot would simply show a black screen with a single cursor symbol at the top left. I hope to improve on that.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds