LinuxCNC on Linux Mint 20 quick and nearly easy install

More
23 Jul 2022 11:08 #248110 by rodw
Ya gotta be on top of the times Tommy. Its Back!
packages.debian.org/search?keywords=linu...bookworm§ion=all

It was only removed because there was a glitch in a dependency library that since been worked around.
That is now resolved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2022 12:05 #248112 by tommylight
Yeah, i was in Istambull for the last two days, still last night the search showed only sid.
How does the updating of that April build go ? A lot of changes since then, especially in QtPlasmaC thanks to Phill and Snowwy.
The time cruch is on for me, a friend got delivery of a full water botle line, from granulate to packaging of filed bottles, so the only time for my stuff is evenings.

More
23 Jul 2022 12:52 #248116 by rodw
Yeh, I've been flat out so not here much either. It was automatically removed by the debian build system when a libtiff bug broke our build process. That was fixed on 14 July. Maybe somebody had to sign off on something.

I think its a good thing that Debian is also reviewing our code base now. It must add another layer of robustness.

More
31 Aug 2022 14:11 #250860 by billykid
Anyway mint 20 with linuxcnc 2.8.3 with Tom's instructions is fine, it also halved me following error. I don't understand why Debian despite being at the base of most systems always has annoying problems like geany not opening in axis and multiple network icons. i installed debian 10 to try probe basic also works well but basically i prefer the simplicity of axis. the only thing I really need is the remap m6, as sometimes I make printed circuit boards and being able to change tips would be useful. There are many threads talking about this but with all versions I am confused. if you can show me where to look you who know English well ... for mint 28.3 thank you

More
01 Sep 2022 10:35 #250915 by tommylight
You are on Mint 28.3!!! How? :)
If you have no tool changer, adding tools to the tool table with the correct offsets and calling them form gcode should do just fine.
Granted, there is a home switch on the Z axis so it always homes at the same possition.

More
01 Sep 2022 11:27 #250918 by billykid
mint 20 linuxcnc 2.8.3 :-)
the problem is that I have an er11 and an er 16 spindle both have no fixed position for the tool like a drill chuck. now i'm doing some tests i found some instructions that seem to work. to think that I had already done it about ten years ago but I don't remember anything :-) we get old

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds