Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • andypugh
  • andypugh's Avatar
28 Sep 2025 16:49
Replied by andypugh on topic Lathe Macros

Lathe Macros

Category: Other User Interfaces

I was upbraided earlier by a friend from the Motor Club about this, as he watched your video and thought that I should have defaulted to a 55 degree angle as anything other than Whitworth is an abomination.

Adding the compound angle wouldn't be too hard, but I doubt that cutting buttress threads is that common, and you can always MDI the G76 directly if you need to.
I think that 29.5 is "not terrible" for Whitworth, but I would need to sketch a diagram to be sure. It's probably not ideal for BA threads (47.5 degree) or Panzergewinde (80 degree)

I also suspect that the macro takes many more passes than strictly necessary,
Displaying 13321 - 13321 out of 13321 results.
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum