Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

  • Red_D85
  • Red_D85
06 Oct 2025 05:42
Replied by Red_D85 on topic Config-Problem Ethercat

Config-Problem Ethercat

Category: Deutsch

sorry im a idiot. this was the wrong file.

 

File Attachment:

File Name: cia402_2025-10-06.hal
File Size:4 KB
  • cmorley
  • cmorley
06 Oct 2025 05:33
Replied by cmorley on topic Error in tool_offsetview.py

Error in tool_offsetview.py

Category: Qtvcp

I think I pushed a fix for the leds staying on problem - at least in the tests I did it worked.
The label is a bit harder to fix satisfactorily. It's now at least translatable.
  • cmorley
  • cmorley
06 Oct 2025 05:28
Replied by cmorley on topic Change camera resolution Qtdragon?

Change camera resolution Qtdragon?

Category: Qtvcp

if I add these commands, on my machine the camera fails.
we need to find away to detect possible resolutions.

How do you know what resolution is displaying in qtdragon?
  • MusicCityMfg
  • MusicCityMfg's Avatar
06 Oct 2025 03:38 - 06 Oct 2025 13:05
LinuxCNC Lathe Retrofit ... Where Do I begin? was created by MusicCityMfg

LinuxCNC Lathe Retrofit ... Where Do I begin?

Category: Turning

I have a small CNC job shop in my garage. I currently have a Sharp SV-2412SX VMC with a Fanuc control. I need to start taking some turning jobs. I have an Emco Maximat Super 11 manual lathe that I was thinking about doing a LinuxCNC conversion on. But the more I think about it, I want a heftier, more capable CNC lathe with an ATC. But I am not ready to drop another $25k+ on used machine.

Someone local is selling a Mazak QT8 with a CAM T-2 control for $2500. It needs work and it looks like a good candidate for a LinuxCNC retrofit.

I'm a software engineer by profession. I don't know much about LinuxCNC yet, but I am learning. I'm currently going through some classicladder tutorials, and HAL tutorials as well to get my head around what it takes to do a retrofit and better understand the LinuxCNC ecosystem.

Do you guys have any recommendations on where I should begin to better understand what existing components on the Mazak QT8 I can use and what existing components will need to be replaced because they won't work with LinuxCNC. I have a lot to learn, but I am not intimidated by projects like this. I just need some advice regarding the best place to start and how a map out a project like this. 

Thanks!
Chris
  • Cooped-Up
  • Cooped-Up
06 Oct 2025 00:06
Replied by Cooped-Up on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

Okay as I said in my last post I ended up finding a second firmware that must have been the one you were referring to. I deleted it and now I was able to move the jumper back to where it should be and the int light is off and I can identify the card with the computer. Awesome. That was probably the easy part of this project, now I need to figure out how to make all these cards interact with my milling machine. Thank you for your help!
  • PCW
  • PCW's Avatar
06 Oct 2025 00:05
Replied by PCW on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

Yes. looks like you have an older version

Just download the zipfile from the store, unzip and cd to configs/hostmot2 in the unzipped directory, then 
write the firmware with mesaflash.

In addition to the MD5 checksum, you can check the compile date because it's in the bin file header:

reeby:/users/share/dist/5i25t/configs/hostmot2> hexdump -C 5i25t_7i77_7i74d.bin | head -24
00000000  56 65 72 73 69 6f 6e 3a  20 32 30 32 31 2e 32 2e  |Version: 2021.2.|
00000010  33 32 33 2e 34 2e 36 0a  47 65 6e 65 72 61 74 65  |323.4.6.Generate|
00000020  64 3a 20 46 72 69 20 4e  6f 76 20 32 32 20 31 36  |d: Fri Nov 22 16|
00000030  3a 30 31 3a 33 39 20 32  30 32 34 0a 0a 50 72 6f  |:01:39 2024..Pro|
00000040  6a 65 63 74 3a 20 2f 68  6f 6d 65 2f 70 63 77 2f  |ject: /home/pcw/|
00000050  65 66 69 6e 69 74 79 2f  32 30 32 31 2e 32 2f 70  |efinity/2021.2/p|
00000060  72 6f 6a 65 63 74 2f 35  69 32 35 74 0a 46 61 6d  |roject/5i25t.Fam|
00000070  69 6c 79 3a 20 54 72 69  6f 6e 0a 44 65 76 69 63  |ily: Trion.Devic|
00000080  65 3a 20 54 32 30 46 32  35 36 0a 57 69 64 74 68  |e: T20F256.Width|
00000090  3a 20 31 0a 4d 6f 64 65  3a 20 61 63 74 69 76 65  |: 1.Mode: active|
000000a0  0a 50 41 44 44 45 44 5f  42 49 54 53 3a 20 30 0a  |.PADDED_BITS: 0.|
000000b0  0a 0a 0a 0a 0a 0a 0a 0a  0a 0a 0a 0a 0a 0a 0a 0a  |................|
*






 
  • Cooped-Up
  • Cooped-Up
05 Oct 2025 23:55
Replied by Cooped-Up on topic 5i25t firmware screwup

5i25t firmware screwup

Category: Driver Boards

Here is what I got when I did the md5sum.
c8e64a9c988aaf6e7b1a75e4bac90641 and I tried figuring out the date. It says it's birth was 2025-03-06 but also modify dTe is 2024-05-11. I'm wondering if the old bin file is still on the computer and being writes over the one I just downloaded...
  • tommylight
  • tommylight's Avatar
05 Oct 2025 23:48
Replied by tommylight on topic Hypertherm hsd130 interface

Hypertherm hsd130 interface

Category: Plasma & Laser

Yes, those are the "very very dangerous - you will most certainly die if you touch them while powered on and someone fires the torch" parts :)
Except, you do not necessarily have to touch them, even 1-3cm away can irrevocably cause death, depending on ambient moisture.
Again for clarity, do not wire anything on this side.
Displaying 13171 - 13178 out of 13178 results.
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum