Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
12 Jan 2015 01:48 #54892 by ditechcnc
Images are fake
Please help me
Where can i create custom glade panels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2015 20:09 #54928 by Tom_R2E3
Hi Norbert.

Seems like there are lots of updates going on at the moment. I was wondering if you could remove the maximum (tool measurement) probe height of 100mm? I have three probe heights depending on what vice config I'm using, and one of them is more than 100mm high. At the moment I'm just subtracting an arbitrary 50mm from both probe height and block height when I use it.

Also, is it possible to recall the block height anywhere? Often I cant remember if I've set the block height or not and end up setting it again.

Many thanks,

Tom

More
12 Jan 2015 21:40 #54935 by LAIR82

gmoccapy 1.5.0

ver. 1.5.0
  • new hal pin, and some renaming of hal pin to reflect the same names and behavior as halui-pin
  • * gmoccapy.jog-speed.counts
  • * gmoccapy.jog-speed.count-enable
  • * gmoccapy.jog-speed.direct-value
  • * gmoccapy.jog-speed.analog-enable

• * gmoccapy.feed-override.counts
  • * gmoccapy.feed-override.count-enable
  • * gmoccapy.feed-override.direct-value
  • * gmoccapy.feed-override.analog-enable

• * gmoccapy.spindle-override.counts
  • * gmoccapy.spindle-override.count-enable
  • * gmoccapy.spindle-override.direct-value
  • * gmoccapy.spindle-override.analog-enable

• * gmoccapy.max-velocity.counts
  • * gmoccapy.max-velocity.count-enable
  • * gmoccapy.max-velocity.direct-value
  • * gmoccapy.max-velocity.analog-enable

• gmoccapy will now react to some halui pin as counts or direct value. Be aware, that some of this may have side affects, it is strongly recomended to use the corresponding gmoccapy hal pin.
  • * halui.spindle-override.counts
  • * halui.feed-override.counts
  • * halui.max-velocity.counts
  • * halui.abort
  • * halui.spindle.start
  • * halui.spindle.stop
  • * halui.spindle.reverse
  • * halui.spindle.increase
  • * halui.spindle.decrease
  • * halui.program.run
  • * halui.program.stop
  • * halui.program.pause
  • * halui.mode.manual
  • * halui.mode.mdi
  • * halui.mode.auto
  • * halui.mist.on
  • * halui.mist.off
  • * halui.flood.on
  • * halui.flood.off
  • * halui.machine.on
  • * halui.machine.off
  • * halui.home-all
  • * halui.estop.activate
  • * halui.estop.reset

• to reflect the new hal pin connections I introduced a new sim config gmoccapy_pendant.ini, demonstrating the connection of a remote pendant with selection switches

• deleted gmoccapy_jog_wheels.ini, as pendant.ini demonstrates it better

Norbert

Looks like I better double check my hal files before I do an update, things could get interesting if I didn't, and just updated one of my turning centers without looking first.

One question Norbert,

In regards to the "program.run" input, regardless of halui or gmoccapy, would there be any way to make the program run/play button on the screen actually be an "output" pin, ex: gmoccapy.program-run-button.out then have an input gmoccapy.run.in. Reason is, for example on my machine, we would like to be able to in the event of the lube system malfunctioning, inhibit the machine from being able to start/restart a program. In doing it this way if the machine is in the middle of a running program, the program would be able to finish with out issue, but would not be able to be restarted. If other users didn't need this function they could simply net the pins together in there postgui file.

Thoughts/Comments/Questions?

Rick

More
13 Jan 2015 01:19 #54940 by Johnny-Don
User Tab integration.

I am using a custom user tab, I have a few buttons, for selecting an axis for a hand-wheel. I want the buttons to be sensitive(False) when the machine is in Auto Mode.

I already have a separate python file for my user tab (Per instructions earlier on in this topic, THANKS!!!)

My question is, how can I reference the state of things in the gmoccapy python file in my own python file. I don't know enough about python to get it just right. I know the basic idea, I just don't think I'm going about it the right way.

More
13 Jan 2015 04:50 #54944 by mariusl

Hi Norbert.

Seems like there are lots of updates going on at the moment. I was wondering if you could remove the maximum (tool measurement) probe height of 100mm? I have three probe heights depending on what vice config I'm using, and one of them is more than 100mm high. At the moment I'm just subtracting an arbitrary 50mm from both probe height and block height when I use it.

Also, is it possible to recall the block height anywhere? Often I cant remember if I've set the block height or not and end up setting it again.

Many thanks,

Tom

I second the request for showing block height somewhere.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
14 Jan 2015 18:58 #54998 by newbynobi
@Tom,

I was wondering if you could remove the maximum (tool measurement) probe height of 100mm?

I did mot even noticed, that there is a limit :whistle:
I changed that to be now 999,000 mm, hope that is enough B) , the limit is only to avoid getting four numbers in front of the decimal separator to avoid changes in widget length.

@Tom and Marius

I second the request for showing block height somewhere.

Where do you like to get the information?

You could make a glade panel with a hal-label and connect gmoccapy.blockheight to that one.
Otherwise the label has to be hidden if the user does not use auto tool measurement, resulting in some new code.

Norbert

More
14 Jan 2015 19:19 #55000 by newbynobi

Images are fake
Please help me
Where can i create custom glade panels

Hi Ditechcnc,

to begin best is to look at the sim configs in gmoccapy folder, they do contain some examples with custom panel.
You can build the panel just with drag and drop using glade.

GladeVCP documentation

Norbert

More
15 Jan 2015 03:50 #55014 by ditechcnc
Thanks

More
15 Jan 2015 21:39 #55028 by Johnny-Don

User Tab integration.

I am using a custom user tab, I have a few buttons, for selecting an axis for a hand-wheel. I want the buttons to be sensitive(False) when the machine is in Auto Mode.

I already have a separate python file for my user tab (Per instructions earlier on in this topic, THANKS!!!)

My question is, how can I reference the state of things in the gmoccapy python file in my own python file. I don't know enough about python to get it just right. I know the basic idea, I just don't think I'm going about it the right way.

I know exactly how to do what I need to do, I know what handler from the gmoccapy python file I want to monitor for my custom, I just can't seem to figure out the right way to reference the gmoccapy python file in my file, or maybe it's not possible.

I've tried 'from gmoccapy import gmoccapy' - which from what I've read, should reference the gmoccapy class from the gmoccapy package (python file). Trying this gives me a "cannot import name 'gmoccapy'" error. Im running in circles trying to get this figured out, an help would be most appreciated.

More
16 Jan 2015 06:02 #55051 by newbynobi
Hallo Johnny-Don,

I can not follow completely, but why you do not use a hal container and connect the sensitive hal pin to halui.mode.is-auto?

Please post your files, so i can see what to do.

If you want to import gmoccapy to your python file, make sure gmoccapy.py is in your python path

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds