Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
07 Feb 2015 16:28 #55769 by dracozny

I use git for revision control on my ngc files, which works pretty well. I was able to hack in a button to gmoccapy in the "load a new file" selection dialogue that performs a "git pull" on the currently viewed directory to ensure the most recent file is being used. It works in a way (git actually executes) but the file list does not update until I go back a directory then back into the git controlled directory. Anyways, as I have no idea what I'm doing it's just a proof of concept, but I think it's pretty cool. Maybe there could be an option in the settings to enable/disable the button, and even customize the command that is being run on the button press? Or even better, only show the button when a .git file is present in the currently viewed directory.

Sliptonic uses github for ngc files as well as using it for whole machine builds and even gmoccapy conversions. Apparently some other projects too. It's nice to see and I found it somewhat helpful for my machine as well. github.com/sliptonic
I like your idea about incorporating github for your NGC files into your gui. Then you just need to incorporate something similar into an export script in your cad/cam software. would make editing on the fly very interesting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2015 04:52 #55796 by anarchos

Then you just need to incorporate something similar into an export script in your cad/cam software. would make editing on the fly very interesting.

I just got that part working as well. I use HSMXpress in SolidWorks, so I edited my post processor to open up gitgui.exe after saving so I can commit the changes. I have my linuxcnc computer sharing it's harddrive to my windows computer, so I just save to Z:\ (what i mapped the linuxcnc computer to) so the git branch is stored on the linuxcnc computer but acts like a local branch as far as the windows computer is concerned. Works fairly well...now I just need to figure out how to actually modify gmoccapy without breaking stuff :P

More
25 Feb 2015 23:40 #56294 by Tom_R2E3
Hi Norbert,

I just upgraded to 2.6.7 with Gmoccapy 1.5.2. Have the names of the override pins changed in the update? I get an error saying "pin gmoccapy.feed-override-counts does not exist"

If I remove the override lines from my custon_postgui.hal it launches fine.

Thanks

Tom

More
26 Feb 2015 06:16 #56301 by newbynobi
Hallo Tom,

Yes, there have been small changes, to be uniform with the halui pin names.

The pin is called now gmoccapy.feed-override.counts

The doku in 2.6.7 should be up to date.

Norbert

More
02 Mar 2015 04:57 #56383 by Green#
Hello Norbert,

at first, thank you for create great GUI, looks really nice, but I need some help in implementation. Please let me know, can gmoccapy work with gantrykins? Now I trying to move configuration working on AXIS GUI based on gantrykins and under gmoccapy it doesn't work, there isn't any errors but it's impossible to move any axis. After change to trivkins, axises moves normally.
Best regards Przemek

More
02 Mar 2015 23:42 #56408 by newbynobi
Hallo Przemek,

sorry for the late answer,

Gantrykins is not supported yet.

There will be some work in homing and jogging to make that work.
I will see what I can do.

Norbert

More
05 Mar 2015 06:04 #56484 by franstrein
Hi,

While running gmoccapy 1.5.2 I think I found a small bug... :-).
I do not yet have a virtual keyboard installed, need to configure that still.
Therefore the keyboard button on the UI is not active. That is correct.

However, I was exploring how to run my own macro from GMOCCAPY, and discovered that also the "Stop a running Macro'" button (Red cross?) on the same position in the UI is not active either.
Is this expected behavior, are should that button be active when executing the macro?

Thanks,
Frans

More
05 Mar 2015 16:32 #56498 by newbynobi
Good found,

it is a bug!
Will correct that as fast as possible.

Norbert

More
06 Mar 2015 04:47 #56506 by newbynobi
Macro Button Bug is solved, I have pushed 1.5.2.1 to 2.6 ; 2.7 and master

I also introduced a French translation!
Thanks for Francis for that beautiful work!

Norbert

More
09 Mar 2015 02:03 - 09 Mar 2015 02:04 #56548 by tekmobile
Just upgraded to 1.5.2 and getting this error when putting the spndle in reverse then trying to stop or go forward

Found an error!
The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/gmoccapy", line 2781, in on_rbt_reverse_clicked
self._set_spindle( "reverse" )
File "/usr/bin/gmoccapy", line 2819, in _set_spindle
rpm_out = rpm / self.stat.spindlerate
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero
Last edit: 09 Mar 2015 02:04 by tekmobile. Reason: missing info

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds