Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
30 Mar 2015 23:48 #57322 by mariusl

I will check how difficult it would be to integrate linuxcnc-features in gmoccapy. I do thing linuxcnc-features should be a part of linuxcnc and should standard for 2.7 release.

I will ask Mick about his opinion.

Norbert
If we can get the linuxcnc-features into Gmoccapy then maybe it is all we need for now. I saw today on the Russian forum that someone has built it into Gmoccapy but I cannot see how as my Russian is non-existent :)

I agree the Mach screen has to much info but the probing functions is what we need to look at. I just posted that to show some example.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2015 07:13 #57328 by andypugh

Sounds like a probing tab that incorporates in to any of the interfaces would be the perfect platform to indulge your "scalable button" distraction :whistle: Mariusl said he'd help.

Rather than pollute this (huge) thread:

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...ic-probing-tab#57327

More
31 Mar 2015 07:40 #57329 by ssalrin

@ssalrin,

I do have plans to include such a probing page, but because of leak of time I did not begin yet.
The image from Mach3 does IMHO contain to much information. I would prefer a page with the probing button on the left side and some input pages on the right, only showing the relevant information, may be even with a small image.

If you want to do the first steps, please make the corresponding button Icon and send them with a GPL license.
Make a first design of how it should look, a small basic documentation. And we do need the corresponding ngc-code.

I will check how difficult it would be to integrate linuxcnc-features in gmoccapy. I do thing linuxcnc-features should be a part of linuxcnc and should standard for 2.7 release.

I will ask Mick about his opinion.

Norbert

Norbert,

With what little I can comprehend of linuxcnc-features thus far, I agree, it would be a compliment to an already outstanding interface you have created. I do not even have my machine yet, and was dreading getting back into linux after many years. Then I found your work, and all the wonderful supportive people, a community if you will. Now I find myself looking forward to becoming a contributing member. Thank you for being a part of that.
I'm afraid I know very little, but I do have a smattering of a graphic background. I'll be glad to see what I can do about buttons, if you really think I'd be of help. I'll do what I'll I can.

Scott

More
01 Apr 2015 16:49 #57366 by newbynobi
@Scott,

just make the ICOn and a very basic layout, I will try to do the rest B)

Norbert

More
01 Apr 2015 21:40 #57384 by ssalrin

@Scott,

just make the ICOn and a very basic layout, I will try to do the rest B)

Norbert

I'll try, but I was reminded that I need to "stay on task", by my wife :blush:

Do they need to be in any special format?

More
01 Apr 2015 23:24 - 01 Apr 2015 23:25 #57395 by newbynobi
Hallo,

just make them gif or png in a size of 48 x48 Pixel as first step. More important is the basic layout showing all needed Button and input boxes.

I'll try, but I was reminded that I need to "stay on task", by my wife

Me too, my duty list is getting longer and longer ...

Norbert
Last edit: 01 Apr 2015 23:25 by newbynobi.

More
01 Apr 2015 23:34 #57397 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I can do a glade panel if you want. I also really need the probing functions so I dont mind doing it. I was going to do my own anyway. Just let me know.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
02 Apr 2015 00:36 #57399 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

let Scott do it, so he has also a learning curve ;-)

Norbert

More
02 Apr 2015 01:14 #57401 by ssalrin

Hi Norbert
I can do a glade panel if you want. I also really need the probing functions so I dont mind doing it. I was going to do my own anyway. Just let me know.

You won't hurt my feelings, Marius, are you married? LOL Seriously I won't bet at it for over a week or more. I am setting up my shop, and my machine arrives early next week... I will be glad to participate, but don't want to hold up progress.

More
02 Apr 2015 01:46 #57404 by mariusl
@ Scott
It is no problem at all. I will leave it up to Norbert to decide. As he said, it is a good thing to learn ho to do it.
I am married but a lot older than most so I dont have to much pressure from the other side :) I do pretty much what I please.

@ Norbert
Your call friend.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds