Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
02 Apr 2015 14:41 - 02 Apr 2015 14:43 #57420 by mariusl
@Norbert

Is this the kind of graphic that we must use?

Just rename the image to top_left.svg

File Attachment:

File Name: top_left.txt
File Size:6 KB

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2015 14:43 by mariusl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2015 19:37 - 04 Apr 2015 19:39 #57517 by pippin88
Hello all,

I think gmoccapy is a great GUI but there are a few things that don't suit me very well. I don't have a touchscreen, and I thought the interface could be cleaner and more space efficient. So some months ago I put some work in to a modification of gmoccapy to suit me better.
I have a few hardware buttons (feed start/stop, feed override), but otherwise use the mouse and keyboard

Tonight I dusted it off and thought I would share it.

I have planned to implement a probing tab like is being discussed.
I still need to work on the buttons along the bottom, improving looks and functionality.

I made a GCode quick reference - I forget some GCodes when I don't use my machine for some time.

I have attached some screenshots and the actual files. At present these are just modified gmoccapy files - if you want to try it:
Backup gmoccapy.py from /usr/bin
Place modified gmoccapy.py in /usr/bin (you'll need to use sudo)
Backup gmoccapy.glade from /usr/share/gmoccapy
Place modified gmoccapy.glade /usr/share/gmoccapy (you'll need to use sudo)

File Attachment:

File Name: gmoccapy.glade
File Size:559 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: gmoccapy.py.txt
File Size:189 KB

I would like to develop this further as a fork / offshoot of gmoccapy, but I'm not sure how to put a whole new named GUI, directory structure etc. I think I would call it LCNCScreen
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Apr 2015 19:39 by pippin88.

More
04 Apr 2015 21:49 #57523 by newbynobi
@pippin88, :unsure:

I do like the gcode quick reference guide, unfoftunately i am not able to download the modified gmoccapy code.
Getting an 404 error.

Next i would bet you to report to moderator to move your post to an own thread, as your purpose will envoke a lot of discussion and is therefor completely wrong here!

I will be pleased to give you advice on how to get your project working, but not on this thread!!

Norbert

More
04 Apr 2015 21:57 #57524 by newbynobi
@marius,

I will check on this, wheni am back from holiday!

Norbert

More
05 Apr 2015 22:09 #57551 by todmorg
Is there a way to do a manual tool change without stopping the code?

I am using the tool number to change the x,y,z and radius offsets, but I am not physically changing the cutting tool.

It all works good, except I have to hit the OK button every time there is a call for a tool change, I would like it to just skip the pop up window and continue cutting with the updated offsets

Todd

More
05 Apr 2015 23:13 #57553 by dracozny
G43.2 could be used instead of a tool change to offset the length. I suppose I am too much of a noob to understand why you would use an offset different from the tool other than transient tools.

More
06 Apr 2015 00:27 - 06 Apr 2015 00:44 #57554 by todmorg
I found what I was looking for, using a M61Q# instead of a M6T# does just what I want.

Todd
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 00:44 by todmorg.

More
06 Apr 2015 00:43 - 06 Apr 2015 00:45 #57555 by todmorg
I am transitioning over from Axis to Gmoccapy and over all I am very happy with the way Gmoccapy works using a touchscreen with no mouse or keyboard.

One item that I miss from Axis is the ability to dynamically rotate the screen without using a mouse. Axis has an option box that looks like a little teepee, that lets you rotate using a touchscreen, this option box is missing in Gmoccapy. Is there a workaround or way to incorporate this option in Gmoccapy?

One other thing that throws me off is the colors of the turtle/rabbit selector, they seem like they are reversed. Green seems like it should mean go fast, and red or yellow for slow.

Todd
Last edit: 06 Apr 2015 00:45 by todmorg.

More
06 Apr 2015 05:29 #57563 by andypugh

I found what I was looking for, using a M61Q# instead of a M6T# does just what I want.

G10 might also work.

More
06 Apr 2015 21:43 #57583 by newbynobi

One item that I miss from Axis is the ability to dynamically rotate the screen without using a mouse. Axis has an option box that looks like a little teepee, that lets you rotate using a touchscreen, this option box is missing in Gmoccapy. Is there a workaround or way to incorporate this option in Gmoccapy?

I will check, what does axis if you click the "tepee" button and if it is posible to translate to gmoccapy.

One other thing that throws me off is the colors of the turtle/rabbit selector, they seem like they are reversed. Green seems like it should mean go fast, and red or yellow for slow.

Fast is more dangerius than slow, so are the colors selected. You can easy change that, just edit the icons from /usr/share/gmoccapy

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds