Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
21 Apr 2015 09:54 #57959 by jbunch
Norbert I found the problem. It has to do with minimum speed in the preferences file and the
speed that is called out by the program. It is only in auto mode. if the speed in the program is slower when run you set spindle to minimum
which gives you the 235% as the starting speed override. You than can only change the speed upwards to the max of lets say 300% but no lower
then the 235%.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2015 13:43 - 22 Apr 2015 13:47 #57993 by verser
Hi,

is it possible to add a Jog-while-pause function (for manual tool change in AUTO mode) to gmoccapy?
Last edit: 22 Apr 2015 13:47 by verser.

More
22 Apr 2015 18:42 #58001 by LAIR82

Hi,

is it possible to add a Jog-while-pause function (for manual tool change in AUTO mode) to gmoccapy?

I have to beleive that, that would fall under the HAL/MOTION/INTERPRETER level, but if Norbert could pull this off on the GUI level, I would figure out how to send him a case of beer ;) or two!!!

RIck

More
22 Apr 2015 20:58 #58007 by andypugh

2.7 should get something that looks a bit like jog-while-paused. (if you squint and stand far enough away :-)

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/moveoff.9.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: verser

More
22 Apr 2015 21:58 #58010 by newbynobi

Norbert I found the problem. It has to do with minimum speed in the preferences file and the
speed that is called out by the program. It is only in auto mode. if the speed in the program is slower when run you set spindle to minimum
which gives you the 235% as the starting speed override. You than can only change the speed upwards to the max of lets say 300% but no lower
then the 235%.

I am not able to follow :huh

What are the settings of your INI File?
What does your pref file contain?
What do you meen "when run you set spindle to minimum"?

Could you please give a step by step test case?

Norbert

More
22 Apr 2015 22:00 - 22 Apr 2015 22:01 #58011 by newbynobi

Hi,

That is not part of the GUI Programming, so it is out of my reaches at the moment.
But for two cases of beer.... I should think about that ;) :lol: :woohoo:

But if you use moveoff, a custom panel would be the fast solution.

Norbert
Last edit: 22 Apr 2015 22:01 by newbynobi.

More
22 Apr 2015 22:02 - 22 Apr 2015 22:04 #58012 by LAIR82

That is not part of the GUI Programming, so it is out of my reaches at the moment.
But for two cases of beer.... I should think about that ;) :lol: :woohoo:

Norbert

I wasn't being sarcastic either B)

My boss said he would make make it a pickup truck bed full!!!

RIck
Last edit: 22 Apr 2015 22:04 by LAIR82.

More
23 Apr 2015 07:46 #58026 by andypugh

I wasn't being sarcastic either B)

My boss said he would make make it a pickup truck bed full!!!

See my earlier post. You might owe that to Dewey.

More
24 Apr 2015 17:44 #58077 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I found these small problems in 4 axis mill mode running on production and v1.5.2

1: I cannot use the macro function at all as the files are not found no matter where I place them.

2: The selected mode button does not hold the selected colour if the button has focus. As soon as you put focus on another item ( like in the vcp buttons panel) , then the selected colour shows up on the last selected mode button.

3: If I am running in full screen mode and use ngcgui with the popup keyboard, the keyboard does not stay on top. I.E. if you touch the screen elsewhere by accident the keyboard will move to the background with no way to return it to the top. Well unless you change the screen mode and then it jumps back up. It wuld seem to be a problem only in full screen mode but I have not tested the others.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
27 Apr 2015 22:26 #58164 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

1: I cannot use the macro function at all as the files are not found no matter where I place them.

The files must be in the directory you specify in your INI [RS274NGC] Section. For details see the WIKI.

2: The selected mode button does not hold the selected colour if the button has focus. As soon as you put focus on another item ( like in the vcp buttons panel) , then the selected colour shows up on the last selected mode button.

I do know that! The reason is, that I do change the color for gtk.STATE_ACTIVE so if the button is active it is yellow. If the mouse hover over the button, the state is gtk.STATE_PRELIGHT witch on normal theme is grey. If you use a touch screen, the "mouse" will hoover over the widget, until you do touch the screen on a different place. If I do change also the color of gtk.STATE_PRELIGHT the button will change color, even if it is not active, causing confusion for mouse users, i.e. Manual is active, but the mouse hoover over MDI, showing both button active :(

So feel free to submit solutions?
To all touch screen users: Do you hide the mouse cursor? If so, I could add the color stuff to the settings handling for cursor hiding.

3: If I am running in full screen mode and use ngcgui with the popup keyboard, the keyboard does not stay on top. I.E. if you touch the screen elsewhere by accident the keyboard will move to the background with no way to return it to the top. Well unless you change the screen mode and then it jumps back up. It wuld seem to be a problem only in full screen mode but I have not tested the others.

No solution for that, except my suggestion to get the keyboard back using <ALT><TAB> on a normal keyboard. I am not using ngcgui at all.

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 1.129 seconds