Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
23 May 2013 03:00 #34564 by mariusl
This really looks very good. I tried to use the size options on the settings / tools page but it would seem to be ignored. I have a 1024 x 768 display but the bottom of the screen is never visible so I tried to resize the screen to fit. As I said, it seems to be ignored.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2013 00:54 #34601 by newbynobi
Halo Marius,

I see the problem!
At the moment the smalest size is 979 x 782 Pixel and in hight you got only 768, that is why the bottom is cut off.

I will see if I can reduce the hight to 768. It is fix coded at the moment, so that the GUI will not be to small to show all widgets.

Please give me some time, to see what I can do.

Norbert

More
24 May 2013 01:22 #34604 by jlviloria
Marius'm using gmoccapy and is pretty good, though Norbert is improving it much more ... look had your same problem ...

The solution I found was gmoccapy.glade open the file, choose 'windows1, and look in "Commons", and there you will appear "height request" and choose 650,

and ready you will see only good in fullscreen

Jorge Viloria

More
24 May 2013 01:41 #34607 by mariusl

Halo Marius,

I see the problem!
At the moment the smalest size is 979 x 782 Pixel and in hight you got only 768, that is why the bottom is cut off.

I will see if I can reduce the hight to 768. It is fix coded at the moment, so that the GUI will not be to small to show all widgets.

Please give me some time, to see what I can do.

Norbert

Hi Norbert,
I think that most common screens these days are set to 1024 x 768. There are other resolutions but most of them seem to use the 768 size. The screens that are more square normally will provide 1024 x 1024 or better. It makes no sense at all.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
24 May 2013 01:43 #34608 by mariusl

Marius'm using gmoccapy and is pretty good, though Norbert is improving it much more ... look had your same problem ...

The solution I found was gmoccapy.glade open the file, choose 'windows1, and look in "Commons", and there you will appear "height request" and choose 650,

and ready you will see only good in fullscreen

Jorge Viloria

Jorge,
I am waiting for my touch screen to arrive and then I will set it to that screen size. Thanks for the info though.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
24 May 2013 22:03 #34644 by newbynobi

Hallo Jorge,

I do think, you must change some lines in gmoccapy_handler too, because strating the screen will set the screen size to default.
Do you use realy the latest version?

I will change the default size on this weekend, I do hope to get time!

Norbert

More
24 May 2013 23:03 - 25 May 2013 00:31 #34646 by jlviloria
Norbert,

I had the same problem of Marius, when he felt fullscreen, did not open completely.

I did that and it worked perfect. i'm using Gmoccapy 0.9.3, I is working perfect, with some changes as you noticed.

1) change the position of the tool table.
2) remove the macros
3) change the starting position of the button home_all
4) add keyboard functions with the Control key. (F3 home) (F9 = manual) (F10 = mdi) (F11 = auto) (F12 = tooltable) (Ctrl_R = run) ("Escape" = stop program) etc.
5) Change the run-from-line (the copy of GScreen of Cmorley) for my need.
6) Add some buttons for my machine, jog turret, turret home, cycle time and local time.

Hi marius,

Not as fancy, but functional.

Please, How do you add NGCGUI?

Thanks for all your help.

Jorge Viloria
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2013 00:31 by jlviloria.

More
24 May 2013 23:58 - 24 May 2013 23:59 #34647 by mariusl
Jorge
I dont see your picture. Did you attach it correctly? I would like to see what you did.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 24 May 2013 23:59 by mariusl.

More
25 May 2013 07:38 #34657 by cmorley
[quote="jlviloria" post=34646

Please, How do you add NGCGUI?

Thanks for all your help.

Jorge Viloria[/quote]

NGCGUI is not embeddable nor does it use GTK widgets, which means it can not be 'embedded' into Gmoccapy or Gscreen.
There was some work done on a GTK styled NGCGUI but I'm not sure what is going on with it.
I emailed the author about some issues but never got anything back.

Chris M

More
25 May 2013 13:22 #34662 by mariusl
Chris,
Will we have a way to do NGCGUI type stuff with Gscreen or gmoccapy? Thinks like wizards or code to do repetitive tasks like circular bolt patterns and the like. You know, all the nice things for a mill or lathe.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds