NativeCAM is Features renamed

More
27 Mar 2017 02:29 #90329 by FernV
Replied by FernV on topic NativeCAM is Features renamed

Finishing passes - I wanted my finishing pass to be at the full depth, instead of at stepped depths

If this could be an option in the tool-change.cfg, it'd be better, as sometimes I don't want to plunge the tool the full depth, for example, with long cutters, but short flute lengths. It's not time critical, so I won't be crying out for it any sooner!

We have the following options :
  • in the tool-change
  • in the shape finishing options

If in tool-change, it means that every finishing cut after be done with that option until you insert another tool-change to change the setting. If in the shape you select it for each one.

I am not sure what is best, maybe I would opt for the shape

What do you think ?

Fern

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2017 07:49 #90333 by orpheus
I'd agree, the most logical place for the option is in the finishing options - it probably makes the most sense.

More
30 Mar 2017 20:46 #90604 by yeltrow
I am getting the following error when I try to start NativeCam on my Deb Wheezy / LinuxCNC 2.7.8 box.

(gladevcp:28585): libglade-WARNING **: Expected <glade-interface>. Got <interface>.

(gladevcp:28585): libglade-WARNING **: did not finish in PARSER_FINISH state
**** GLADE VCP ERROR: With xml file: /home/myusername/Downloads/NativeCAM/ncam.ui : could not create GladeXML object
<commandline>:0: gladevcp exited without becoming ready
Embeded tab command "halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp gladevcp -c gladevcp -x 60817565 -U --catalog=mill /home/wortley/Downloads/NativeCAM/ncam.ui" exited with error: 1
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...

I can run it from the directory my mill's ini file sits in and it starts up fine and even knows about the tool table. I just can't get it to run embedded. I did a git pull this afternoon to put the copy into my Downloads directory. I ran it with NO options first, just at ./ncam.py, and then I tried to run it with ~/Downloads/NativeCAM/ncam.py -i theshiz.ini

I have to start linuxcnc theshiz.ini in a separate window first so it is there listening for nativecam to talk to it. I can tell I am just SO CLOSE!!!!
my original config files are in my git repo at github.com/yeltrow/theshiz (although I haven't merged in the nativecam ones, since it doesn't work yet.)

More
30 Mar 2017 23:30 #90615 by andypugh
-x (actual number) looks suspicious. Are you sure that it right?

More
31 Mar 2017 01:24 #90621 by yeltrow
Andy, I can't find that number in any of my config files, or any place that option may have slipped in. I think I saw somewhere in the docs how gladevcp REALLY gets launched, but I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe because I am not running the development branch there is some sort of conflict. I have been able to change the complaints gladevcp has with the xml file, but not find anything that fixes it.

More
31 Mar 2017 03:27 #90624 by FernV
Hi,

Have you run from ncam directory : sudo python nondeb_setup.py ???

If not then do it and if you did then do it again. Some modifications are
needed to run embedded and when lcnc updates, it overwrites those modifications.
Until a release from lcnc will really integrate NativeCAM, you may have to redo it
a few times

Regards
Fern

More
31 Mar 2017 17:11 #90658 by yeltrow
FernV,
I ran it, and I think that helped. My error changed to this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 45, in <module>
import gladevcp.makepins
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/gladevcp/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
from hal_pythonplugin import *
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/gladevcp/hal_pythonplugin.py", line 1, in <module>
from ncam import NCam
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/gladevcp/ncam.py", line 34, in <module>
import pref_edit
ImportError: No module named pref_edit

What I have found is my silver bullet is this:

PYTHONPATH=/home/myusername/Downloads/NativeCAM/:

After that I can get it to start up just fine. Is there a way to build that in to a startup script so I do not have have to write a wrapper script? I have tried stuffing that into a few places, but I haven't found one that works.

Thank you very much for pushing this work forward. It will be FANTASTIC to have this built in. Can I run it as a tab?

More
31 Mar 2017 17:39 #90659 by FernV

.... I ran it, and I think that helped. My error changed to this:
import pref_edit
ImportError: No module named pref_edit

pref_edit.py is a module I added lately by removing code from ncam.py,
code that is only called from times to times

I was not aware that hal_pythonplugin would try to import it . I use a prototype deb package and
development is stand alone most of the time.

I will have a look at this tonight if I can and report to you a.s.a.p

What I have found is my silver bullet is this:

PYTHONPATH=/home/myusername/Downloads/NativeCAM/

After that I can get it to start up just fine. Is there a way to build that in to a startup script so I do not have have to write a wrapper script? I have tried stuffing that into a few places, but I haven't found one that works.

I understand it works after you export this value, am I right ?

I am not very good with script but it could help if you create a script with something similar to this :

export PYTHONPATH=/home/myusername/Downloads/NativeCAM/
linuxcnc 'path to your inifile'

name it like lcncstart.sh
save on your desktop
then double click to start

As I wrote, I can not guarantee it will work but I would try

Regards
Fern

More
31 Mar 2017 17:53 #90660 by yeltrow
FernV,
That type of script would work.
Can this control panel be run as a tab? I wasn't sure how I could come up with the -x option to pass loadusr if I did it myself. It seems like it is some magic random number.

Thanks!

More
31 Mar 2017 18:11 #90661 by andypugh
Does -x {XID} work?

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds