More
28 Sep 2018 16:25 #118127 by scubawarm
Replied by scubawarm on topic Useful Plasma Thread
Well not getting very far.

Installed via the ISO no problem.

Following your steps above.

git install github.com..
? git clone I assume

Make file in linux_grotius, bin folder, grotius => executable.
Hardly anything exists in this directory before compiling.
Even after there is no file named grotius

select grotius and make desktop shortcut
No such animal to select or at least I can't find it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2018 16:31 - 28 Sep 2018 16:45 #118128 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Useful Plasma Thread
Hi Perry,

You have to clone this one : github.com/michelwijnja/Linuxcnc_grotius_stable

I renamed branches last week, to get a cleaner view on the git channel.

In the readme the clone adres : git clone github.com/michelwijnja/Linuxcnc_grotius_stable.git linuxcnc-grotius
is good. Good luck.

For :
your axis config is : XXYZW, if you rename it to XXYZA it's directly working and more in sense with axis numbers.

The axis sequence is normally : XYZABCUVW
Last edit: 28 Sep 2018 16:45 by Grotius.

More
28 Sep 2018 17:10 #118130 by scubawarm
OK for others the actual clone command is (otherwise you get two similar directory names with the files split up)

git clone github.com/michelwijnja/Linuxcnc_grotius_stable.git linuxcnc_grotius

When I bring the screen up. I can not figure out any way to get to the bottom of it to resize it slightly. My screen is wider but not as tall so a few inches of the display is cutoff. Or can this be adjusted in the INI or something?

I still am trying to figure out run-in-place is there a way to run pncconfig and other utilities in the master branch?

Thanks again

More
28 Sep 2018 17:49 - 28 Sep 2018 18:17 #118132 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Useful Plasma Thread
Hi Perry,

For screen resolution resize you could replace the attachted glade file with the orginal one.
directory : /home/...../linuxcnc_grotius/share/linuxcnc/grotius.glade
It is a temponary screen design to solve different screen resolution's for this moment.
I think it is not the best option, but you could better get a big screen. It's better to see everything in one catche.
Later on, in about 2-4 weeks i will add the final updates for the plasma gui to : github.com/michelwijnja/Linuxcnc_grotius_updates.

The Grotius application is run in place, see picture. ( i get this message when i make a fault in the code, just to show you ).
Stepconfig wizard you can do in the orginal linuxcnc directory. I have never tried to run it on a run in place version, maybe possible,
but accessible in the orginal menu. Then you have to do some modification's to get your Mesa running.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Sep 2018 18:17 by Grotius.

More
28 Sep 2018 21:23 - 29 Sep 2018 17:39 #118150 by scubawarm
Got a chance to play with it a little

When I tried the resizable GUI glade, things like the buttons on the lower right didn't work.

The GUI shows all axis as homed, but with my XXYZ configuration halshow shows joint 1 as not homed.

I can't seem to do much including move the motors, enter MIDI items but may be because everything isn't homed.

Don't get see any error messages to let me know what the issues are.

Maybe an expert pulldown menu at least until things are debugged would be helpful.

Thanks.

EDIT: Issue with the two X was fixed with a HOME_SEQUENCE = -1 to the two joints. So was my issue.
After that... I'm moving my motors with the GUI!!!

I am going to attempt to see if I can have both Axis and your screen up at the same time somehow to have more access to utilities while I debug things and error messages. Are they popping somewhere on your screen and I'm just missing them?

Also is there a way to change this to inches? A configuration file or something?
Last edit: 29 Sep 2018 17:39 by scubawarm.

More
05 Oct 2018 23:50 #118481 by snugglylovemuffin
Did you ever get around to making that tutorial for inkscape? I'm still playing with it but I haven't gotten it to work properly.

More
06 Oct 2018 01:09 #118482 by snugglylovemuffin
Turns out I needed to manually select the image, finally got some gcode generated from this video

@Grotius

More
06 Oct 2018 21:30 #118500 by snugglylovemuffin
I haven't been able to get your build to work on my machine BTW, tried to figure it out but I can't find any reason that it won't work. I can jog my machine with my previous build, however it won't read the inkscape files, nor does it have the THC...

Halp!

More
07 Oct 2018 01:43 #118510 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Useful Plasma Thread
snugglylovemuffin

OK,are you in the US? If so please PM and I will find time to help you out. This is a very steep hill when you are at the bottom, but it isn't near as steep once you get a hand up over the the first crests.

John

More
07 Oct 2018 17:20 #118513 by snugglylovemuffin
I am indeed in the US and would greatly appreciate any help you are willing to offer!

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds