Another plasma component...

More
20 Nov 2018 05:34 #121041 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Guys

My method isn't as nice. I just do it with the PP and whether the probing subroutine is called or not in the Gcode.

John

So many ways to skin the plasma cat :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2018 00:02 #121275 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Another plasma component...
Is there install instructions? I want to try and implement this on this machine I am building.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
24 Nov 2018 01:22 - 24 Nov 2018 01:22 #121279 by rodw

Is there install instructions? I want to try and implement this on this machine I am building.

I have not installed it yet but essentially you would follow the official build process documented here
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/building-linuxcnc.html

but substituting Phils Git (see link in first post). I would probably use a different folder name to linuxcnc-dev, maybe something like linuxcnc-plas so you can build master branch from source as well if you want to.

Then it would be a matter of copying the sim into a working config folder and merging in your working table config. Then you are away!
Last edit: 24 Nov 2018 01:22 by rodw.

More
24 Nov 2018 05:33 #121287 by phillc54

bevins wrote:

Exactly as rodw suggested...

More
24 Nov 2018 05:39 - 24 Nov 2018 05:40 #121288 by phillc54
I have just posted another update.

The component has better error checking for some invalid config settings.

The format of the materials file has been changed, it is still only a flat text based file but it is more human readable as it is now in the same format as the LinuxCNC ini file.
If you have an existing materials file it will be automatically updated on first load.
The materials file can now be edited while LinuxCNC is running and can be reloaded from the Reload button in the Config tab.

Some default settings for the Config parameters have also been changed.
Last edit: 24 Nov 2018 05:40 by phillc54.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
12 Dec 2018 05:39 #122244 by phillc54
Another update...

I have managed to merge the reverse-run commits into the current master so the PLASMAC repo now has reverse run activated.
I have also fixed the reverse run issue of slow accelleration.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
12 Dec 2018 08:57 #122253 by rodw

Another update...

I have managed to merge the reverse-run commits into the current master so the PLASMAC repo now has reverse run activated.
I have also fixed the reverse run issue of slow accelleration.

Cheers, Phill.

Awesome Phil, very exciting!

More
15 Dec 2018 20:26 #122454 by grijalvap
Very Nice work, I did a component similar component in the past and it is working, but this is better, I will install and use this one.

Start the cutting process at a certain point after a cutting problem has been a big problem for me (actually I couldn't yet).
can someone explain how is this implemented on this branch or how I can implement?

Thanks

More
16 Dec 2018 06:30 #122468 by phillc54
If during a cut an error causes a pause or the operator causes a pause then the reverse-run signal causes x/y motion to reverse along the current cut path. The maximum reverse position is as far as the start of this cut. At the moment this motion is at the current cut speed (plus/minus the current feed override setting). When a satisfactory x/y position is reached then remove the reverse-run signal then resume the cut via the pause/resume button or keyboard shortcut and a new cut sequence will begin from the current position.

I am in the process of rehashing this so instead of a reverse-run signal the input will be an manual-feed value (from -1 to 1) so that reverse and forward motion will be possible at variable speed while paused.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
17 Dec 2018 02:44 #122502 by phillc54
Another upload...

Fix timing kludge for dry run.

Rework reverse run for both reverse and forward motion while paused, this is now called paused motion.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.814 seconds