Another plasma component...

More
07 Nov 2018 20:17 - 07 Nov 2018 20:18 #120198 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Rod,

SQL is working in Linuxcnc. For making a c component mysql.h is missing, it's not in the include directory, so this takes more time.
We can also use different version's of SQL. lite_version

Maybe the best way is to test a dynamic input set up.

Yes, I use SQLite in my example. When I get a bit more data in the system and am certain the database schema is correct, I've written I will raise another thread as its kind of off topic on this one. I've got to define the gasses better as some machines have both cutting gas and shielding gas. I don't really think the data needs to be accessed by a component in C. Its really a user interface thing so setting fields/pins in the GUI in user space should suffice. There was a proposal from Andy quite some time ago to use SQL for tool tables:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ToolDatabase
and somehow, we have a SQL schema in the LinuxCNC repo already.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...ql/schema-simple.sql
Last edit: 07 Nov 2018 20:18 by rodw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2018 20:36 #120200 by rodw
Well, reviewing what happened overnight, it looks like the devs sorted out the external offset branch so now all of the base software has been updated and placed in master branch:
  • Trajectory slow down bug
  • Reverse Run
  • External Offsets

So well done and thanks to Phill for building a repo that put the spotlight on these features and getting them into master branch
Also thanks to Rene for actioning this at the developer level.

So now Phill, you only need to worry about your component and GUI interface! Once tested, I'm sure the sim and component can be pushed from your repo to master..
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
07 Nov 2018 21:32 #120209 by rene-dev
ignore all the sql stuff, it all not complete. thats another thing Im working on...
external offsets has been merged, but I had to revert the reverse run. I try again tonight, I think I know how to fix it now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, rodw

More
08 Nov 2018 20:37 - 08 Nov 2018 20:45 #120290 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
@Reve_dev,

You can compare your code for the reverse run with this one : github.com/grotius-cnc/stable
I hope it can be usefull for you. It has also the external offset branche in it. Discus the glade speedwidget that the minimum value
can be set to -1.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2018 20:45 by Grotius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
09 Nov 2018 03:44 #120301 by phillc54
Tom wrote:

The only difference between toma_thc and this config i did notice is: on this one even with the ARCON signal it moves, on the toma_thc one it does not.

Tom, I am not 100% clear on what you mean by this. Could you explain it a bit further please.

Tom wrote:

Now the only thing i need is to have the text bigger, every text in the Axis GUI !

I am working on a solution to this as well as increasing the font size in the GladeVCP panel. Part of this is changing 'Spindle' to 'Torch', before I continue does a plasma table actually require a manual torch on/off.

As I said before I have not used a plasma table and am unaware of all requirements so if anyone notices what I left out or just got completely wrong please let me know.

Cheers, Phill

More
09 Nov 2018 04:13 #120302 by rodw
Phill, many people have different ideas but the torch definitely needs to be tied to M3 (motion.spindle-on) otherwise if you have a crash and the torch is left waving around, it won't turn off when you hit estop! Ask me how I know! The early external offset config did not use M3.

I also OR2 motion.spindle-on with a GUI torch enable button so you can do dry runs by pressing an onscreen button. Some people also use a M67 code so there is a final torch enable in G code..... Some of my configs do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
09 Nov 2018 04:34 #120304 by phillc54
Thanks Rod, yes the component uses motion.spindle-on (actually spindle.0.on since the multi-spindle update) to begin the sequence.
The config has a dedicated dry run button on the GladeVCP panel.
What I was wondering was do we actually require a manual torch on/off button in the GUI. It would only be of use when there was no code running although it would also be another way of stopping a cut while code was running and there was a valid arc.
I was thinking of renaming the Axis "Spindle Button' to 'Torch' but if we don't need the button I will just hide it.

More
09 Nov 2018 05:07 #120307 by islander261
This is diving into some of more obscure points of plasma operation. Sometimes when you have a water table or are using your plasma torch for center punching you need to be able to " pre fire " the torch so the power supply/ torch are in a post flow condition to either clear the water out of the way for touch off or enable a short cycle so you can center punch ( make a small "divot" to mark a mechanical drill location). I have a manual torch fire button on my plasma tab for this reason. I rarely use it but it sure saves poor IHS problems when I have had to clear a shorted torch and have a flooded sheet.

One thing to remember is that IHS is everything in plasma cutting. Blow your initial height sensing and you are in for poor cuts until the next reference.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
09 Nov 2018 05:45 #120309 by phillc54
Thanks John.

Do you toggle the torch on and off or is it a momentary button so the torch is only on while the button is held.

It looks like plasma is more complex than I thought, the more I learn the less I know...

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
09 Nov 2018 08:13 #120316 by tommylight

Tom wrote:

The only difference between toma_thc and this config i did notice is: on this one even with the ARCON signal it moves, on the toma_thc one it does not.

Tom, I am not 100% clear on what you mean by this. Could you explain it a bit further please.

Tom wrote:

Now the only thing i need is to have the text bigger, every text in the Axis GUI !

I am working on a solution to this as well as increasing the font size in the GladeVCP panel. Part of this is changing 'Spindle' to 'Torch', before I continue does a plasma table actually require a manual torch on/off.

As I said before I have not used a plasma table and am unaware of all requirements so if anyone notices what I left out or just got completely wrong please let me know.

Cheers, Phill

That is something that is not required, it is implemented as a safety as usually i have to use hand held torches so they can be fired from the switch on the handle.
The only thing it is useful for is when using the cnc to do manual cuts as it will not allow jogging until it gets the ARCOK signal.
Again, this is not required for normal use.
Thank you for your persistence.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds