Another plasma component...

More
05 Nov 2018 21:56 #120046 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

Rod,

But database with a next to select option is really what go's to high end level in plasma world.
But i am in.

We all know that LinuxCNC can go to high end level in plasma world but its hard work getting there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Grotius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2018 22:20 #120049 by phillc54
Tom
Just to be clear, if we use number 2 then if arc failure timeout is set for 15 second then after torch on we wait 15 seconds for ark ok if no arc ok then turn torch off and wait 15 seconds before retrying.

Rod
I am happy to add any feature if there is a general consensus. I would prefer that we didn't add any more dependencies if possible. I am also happy for anyone to clone my repo and submit PR's. I personally am more interested in the component itself, the GladeVCP and Python extras are really just to showcase the component. I don't like the way that Glade hogs the focus when the mouse pointer is over a Glade panel but I needed the Python.

Grotius
I am also an Aussie 'b'. We are multiplying...

Cheers, Phill
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw

More
05 Nov 2018 22:51 #120052 by tommylight

Just to be clear, if we use number 2 then if arc failure timeout is set for 15 second then after torch on we wait 15 seconds for ark ok if no arc ok then turn torch off and wait 15 seconds before retrying.

Wait for a settable amount of time (5 to 30 seconds) for arcok signal, if no arcok then wait for 10 seconds and retry. The amount of time to wait after failure is from 1 to 10 seconds. That is the time needed to reset the internal timers in plasma cutters. The Thermal Dynamics i own does that in a single second, while the Iskra needs at least 3 to 6 seconds ( it varies ), some older ESAB ones do that in 3 to 7 seconds, Hypertherm never needs more than 3 seconds.
Having that also settable would be nice, but leaving it at a set time of 10 seconds does the job perfectly.
The config i use has that set to 10 second wait for arcok and 1 second wait for retry, it has to do the probing again so it gives it enough time to reset the timers. This was done due to slag gathering at the nozzle (from piercing) and when probing several times ( normally 2 or 3 times ) it does loosen up and fall off, thus removing the need for operator intervention.
Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
06 Nov 2018 03:45 #120073 by phillc54
I have just pushed a new version with:
1. fix for arc restart attempts.
2. user configurable delay time for arc restart attempts.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid, tommylight, Clive S, rodw

More
06 Nov 2018 04:13 #120074 by rodw
I think the user configurable delay is good. I found my plasma tried to restart all of its own accord if it did not establish an arc in around 5 seconds.

More
06 Nov 2018 06:35 #120076 by tommylight
@Phillc54
That was quick !
It works properly, thank you very much.
The acceleration issue after reverse run seems to affect only the first cut line, the following lines are not affected. Will have to investigate more.
@Rodw
The database proposal is very nice addition to Linuxcnc and should be followed through and implemented. The scope of uses is very wide, not only for plasma.

More
06 Nov 2018 07:33 #120078 by rodw

Phill, I had a quick look and it looks awesome. I will try and give it a go when I can.

It would also be good if you could apply Andy's patch on this thread
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...ate-from-git?start=0

which fixes this Trajectory planner bug:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/512
Follow the link to Issue 447 for more info on the problem

I think that is about the only thing that is missing from your branch.

Phill, this has now been fixed in 2.8 (master branch) and 2.7 so a rebase with LinuxCNC should solve the problem and avoid the need to work on incorporating the patch Andy shared with Islander261.

Closed #447 via 1fcb261.

A big thanks to the Dev team for finally getting to the bottom of this!

More
06 Nov 2018 08:42 #120084 by billykid
Many thanks
could you tell me how to install these changes?
I humbly ask you sorry but I always have to use the translator and I'm not very practical with git.
regards
Mauro

More
06 Nov 2018 10:21 #120090 by phillc54
Tom wrote:

The acceleration issue after reverse run seems to affect only the first cut line, the following lines are not affected. Will have to investigate more.

Yes that is what I found as well. I checked out the rev-run-master2 branch and it showed the same behaviour.

Rod wrote:

Phill, this has now been fixed in 2.8 (master branch) and 2.7 so a rebase with LinuxCNC should solve the problem and avoid the need to work on incorporating the patch Andy shared with Islander261.

This fix has me baffled at the moment. I got a lot of conflicts when I tried to apply Andys patch so I then tried to cherry-pick the individual commits and I also got a lot of conflicts. I have just tried to merge master and get the same conflicts.
It appears that reverse run and the tp fix conflict with each other and it is above my pay grade to fix it (I did try but made a complete hash of it) so it may need robEllenberg to sort it as I think he is the author of both.
In the meantime we need to decide on one of two options until this can be fixed:
1. master with the tp fix + external offsets
2. master before the tp fix + external offsets + reverse run

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Nov 2018 10:26 #120091 by phillc54
Mauro wrote:

could you tell me how to install these changes?

cd into the folder you cloned to
git pull
cd src
make

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds