Another plasma component...

More
04 Nov 2018 10:28 #119925 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Another plasma component...

I am having some issues trying to incorporate that to patch from Andy.

Phill, I think Andy had a couple of goes at it too!

If you need some motivation, have a look at this video by Skunkworks, rolling back and forth using a jog wheel....

Rod, wow, there is a lot of work in those scripts.
I won't get a chance to have a good look until later in the week.

I'm sure your GUI took a lot longer than my little effort. It took an hour or so to sketch out the data entities a week ago and an afternoon today coding it. I'll see if I can get some more data into the system. I have not really thought through the interface yet, I just know there is a lot of flexibility in the data structures and SQL and flat files don't really give the flexibility plasma needs.. I think some settings (like the machine) could be hardwired into the ini file
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2018 19:11 #119934 by fupeama
Replied by fupeama on topic Another plasma component...

I like your idea of a simulated path pin.
I am not 100% sure what you mean with your eject probe pin.

I have this.. on machine
1. probe
2 pneumatic piston

I need set pin for eject probe to 1
wait 0,3 sec
probe
set pin for eject to 0
wait 0,5sec
continue torch on

Simulation mayby done by remap Mx for spindle, because plasmac starts by spindle-on.
like a feed remap.

martin
Attachments:

More
04 Nov 2018 20:43 #119938 by tommylight
Just had a long session ( an hour ), testing and prodding on my workstation and frankly ran out of ideas how to molest it more.
Everything i could think off works and all the simulations do exactly what they are supposed to do, save for the start retry.
This week i need to have one of the machines working, so more testing is in order, with a machine, and some breakage...... :)
@Phillc54
Still impressed.
@Rodw
The drop down menu has everything it should and it works for all the machines i use and service and ...... The only one that could really use a database of cut feeds and currents and nozzles and gases.... it's sold.
@fupeama
That can be easily done in gcode OR hal.
Please start a new thread about that as that might be useful to other members of this forum.

More
04 Nov 2018 20:57 #119941 by rodw
[quote="tommylight" post=119938
@Rodw
The drop down menu has everything it should and it works for all the machines i use and service and ...... The only one that could really use a database of cut feeds and currents and nozzles and gases.... it's sold.
[/quote]

Dang, I wish I had my machine on the network so I can install this. Priority task for this week! I missed the drop down when reviewing the screen dumps. Anyway, you've confirmed this could be useful. I'll keep persevering with it. I've loaded one of 10 pages of cut charts for one machine.Thanks for the feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight

More
05 Nov 2018 01:28 #119957 by phillc54
Tom
I think the reason arc start attempts doesn't work is that I don't have a delay between attempts and the peripherals only see a continuous torch on signal.
I could only guess at what time between attempts is required...
Could you let me know which of the following would be best:
1. Set a specific time in the component.
2. Use the time the user has set in the config tab for arc failure timeout.
3. Add a pin for this and another spinbox in the config tab.

Cheers, Phill.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
05 Nov 2018 02:46 #119963 by phillc54
I have just added a dry run facility.
This runs through the gcode without a torch on signal and THC is disabled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fupeama

More
05 Nov 2018 10:33 #119979 by tommylight

Could you let me know which of the following would be best:
1. Set a specific time in the component.
2. Use the time the user has set in the config tab for arc failure timeout.
3. Add a pin for this and another spinbox in the config tab.
Cheers, Phill.

Preferably number 2.
I own a Thermal Dynamics PAK90 with HV start and it takes 4 to 8 seconds from the torch on signal till arcok signal, so if i set it to 15 seconds i would save a lot of time. Also have an ISKRA 50 with HV that takes 8 to 13 seconds for the same thing. But an older Hypertherm MAX 40 with HV/HF start takes over 20 to 30 seconds for the same operation.
It is perfect as is, so i will test this week on actual hardware and report the results.
Thank you.

More
05 Nov 2018 17:55 #120015 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...

The only one that could really use a database of cut feeds and currents and nozzles and gases.... it's sold.

An sich that is not so difficult.
I prefer to use excel based cutting chart's. Python is good in loading and saving this data. It's much better then
text file data storing. This one i use for that purpose : python-xlsxwriter.
It also capable of storing much more data, like user interface data. In fact Mach3 uses one big excel file to store all data.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
05 Nov 2018 21:38 #120041 by rodw

The only one that could really use a database of cut feeds and currents and nozzles and gases.... it's sold.

An sich that is not so difficult.
I prefer to use excel based cutting chart's. Python is good in loading and saving this data. It's much better then
text file data storing. This one i use for that purpose : python-xlsxwriter.
It also capable of storing much more data, like user interface data. In fact Mach3 uses one big excel file to store all data.

Excel is a flat file database. It cannot represent the real world relationships that exist in this data model. Plasma is becoming more complex. Even the small Hypertherm 45XP now does marking, as well as cutting. Marking on this machine has many combinations, 2 gases, and three marking methods. I do remember being shown marking on a High Definitiion plasma cutter that supported 5 gasses. It took the operator longer to find the correct settings in the flat file database on the controller than it did to mark the part!

We can do better then that. With a relational database, the lists become dynamic so when you select material, marking and the gas, you'll just see the possible options in the cut file and various gas solenoids could be triggered to send the right gas to the machine. This list of options varies with the material being marked. Anyway, I've added some imperial cutting settings and I will persevere with what I'm doing but probably won't discuss further on this thread unless Phil wants to incorporate into his config.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, Grotius

More
05 Nov 2018 21:49 #120044 by Grotius
Replied by Grotius on topic Another plasma component...
Rod,

You are so far in your mind.... I will explore database for you. Will set up some stuff...
You Australian basterd... Excel tool chart's are to simple... Swifcut would be happy with this. But we think it could be better.

But database with a next to select option is really what go's to high end level in plasma world.
But i am in.

Don't think anyone uses argon for marking on a XP45. First connect the RS485.
After that we talk about a gas valve switch, what will problably not happen on a xp45.

Thermal Dynamic's has a new inverter. It can do marking on 10 amps and cutting on 60 amps.
Hypertherm only has this option on 45 amp's. I can get the Thermal Dynamics inverters for very low introducion price.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds